• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Google Home Page slow to load

Bald Eagle

I know this is old hat, but Google takes ages to load at start-up and I am seeking a clever answer as to why.

I use Firefox 11 and this problem has been well whined about by users with updated version of Firefox and the joke of all time - by users of Chrome - where Google`s Home Page takes minutes to load, even on their own software ! Unbelievable.

Have you any pearl`s of wisdom for tweaking the system and coaxing Google to come out of it`s shell a bit quicker ?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
I know this is old hat, but Google takes ages to load at start-up and I am seeking a clever answer as to why.

I use Firefox 11 and this problem has been well whined about by users with updated version of Firefox and the joke of all time - by users of Chrome - where Google`s Home Page takes minutes to load, even on their own software ! Unbelievable.

Have you any pearl`s of wisdom for tweaking the system and coaxing Google to come out of it`s shell a bit quicker ?

Dump all cookies. Never had this issue with IE or Chrome. Chances are you have a plug-in causing this.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core i5 6600
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Hyper 212 Evo
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960 G1 4GB Gaming
Storage 256GB Intel SSD 525 Series
Display(s) 24" LG LED Monitor
Case Corsair Carbide 200R
Power Supply Seasonic MK12II 620W
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 x64

What happens with other browsers..?the same?

Bald Eagle

What happens with other browsers..?the same?

Dear JG, I am so sorry to be this late, but I have not been on the Forum for a while and have just seen your post.

Please see my post No.15 under "Standby shuts computer down" in the General Software section. It will explain my previous dilemma of unknowingly blaming Google, Windows and just about everybody and everything else for faults that my inadequate overloaded 512 MB of memory was guilty of.

Since I doubled the memory to 1 GB, everything is now fine. Start-up is fast and all web responses, including Google now opens quickly. All OK now. I had no idea that my pathetically low memory was the cause of all my troubles, so I asked for help. Luckily your post was only No.3, so I never wasted too much time.

Many thanks for your reply.