• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU Market Pricing Back in Uptrend, Shattering Expectations of Price Normalization

System Name Sandfiller
Processor I5-10400
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING PLUS
Cooling Noctua NH-L9i (92x25mm fan)
Memory 32GB Corsair LPX 2400 Mhz DDR4 CL14
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700 XT GAMING X
Storage Intel 670P 512GB
Display(s) 2560x1080 LG 29" + 22" LG
Case SS RV02
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Fractal Design IntegraM 650W
Mouse Logitech Triathlon
Keyboard REDRAGON MITRA
Software Windows 11 Home x 64
I have always scavenged on the left overs in the second hand market, but the prices are so insane for cards with no warranty I might as well buy a new super low tier card and be happy with it. I am gonna rock my RX580 until it artefacts....that's what about it.

Processor Ryzen 5600X
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Software Win11
Bitcoin is a nearly perfect example in, how wrong humans are in their everlasting search for growth, it is unnatural and means rejection of balance, as it would be natural.
Every ecosystem growth and shrinks over time, leading to that the nature, our planet fluctuates around a balance.
Preaching everlasing growth, leads to irreversible exploitation.
Bitcoin is like the habituation phenomenon in drug addiction disease, where it take more and more to get a high. ... in this case until the nature dies.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Becauase this is techpowerup?

This screams for a Sparta meme. I do agree... discussing every Youtube fart gets pretty tiresome. As if the bright lights moved there... lol

Bitcoin is a nearly perfect example in, how wrong humans are in their everlasting search for growth, it is unnatural and means rejection of balance, as it would be natural.
Every ecosystem growth and shrinks over time, leading to that the nature, our planet fluctuates around a balance.
Preaching everlasing growth, leads to irreversible exploitation.
Bitcoin is like the habituation phenomenon in drug addiction disease, where it take more and more to get a high. ... in this case until the nature dies.

Nature will just reinvent itself. A desert is natural too. Drought and flooding, storms, volcanoes... they werent invented for our enjoyment ;) Its not nature that dies. Its us humans destroying ourselves with instinctual greed. We are only making it harder on ourselves, as we are the conscious species :) Nature wont give a damn.

The next step in evolution will have to include an adjustment of that instinct. Or a new way to use it.

System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME B350M-A
Cooling Wraith Stealth Cooler, 4x140mm Noctua NF-A14 FLX 1200RPM Case Fans
Memory Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2400C14R DDR4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM
Video Card(s) GTX 1050 2GB (for now) 3060 12GB on order
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, Lots of HDD storage
Display(s) 32 inch 4K LG, 55 & 48 inch LG OLED, 40 inch Panasonic LED LCD
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Sound: LG Monitor Built-in speakers (currently), Mike: Marantz MaZ
Power Supply Corsair CS550M 550W ATX Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi-Modular Design
Mouse Logitech M280
Keyboard Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750R (works best in summer)
VR HMD none
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM, Captur 1 21
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20: 3508 (WIP)
Nature will just reinvent itself. A desert is natural too. Drought and flooding, storms, volcanoes... they werent invented for our enjoyment ;) Its not nature that dies. Its us humans destroying ourselves with instinctual greed. We are only making it harder on ourselves, as we are the conscious species :) Nature wont give a damn.
The next step in evolution will have to include an adjustment of that instinct. Or a new way to use it.
Those of us who have spent the past 25+ years nurturing children may not agree, that we should just leave it to nature.

I doubt even nature can deal with the plastic disaster Millenials have inherited from the boomers.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Those of us who have spent the past 25+ years nurturing children may not agree, that we should just leave it to nature.

I doubt even nature can deal with the plastic disaster Millenials have inherited from the boomers.

And yet the millenials cant stop touching it either... switching phones every year, for example... we are all fist deep into this mess. Addicted to consumption. Goods, information... everything is about expansion. Yesterdays plastic are todays heavy and rare metals... look at batteries. We are ramping up more new industries than ever... to 'fix' things :D Irony...

System Name Mirkwood
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) AM4 AMD X470
Cooling Noctua D15S with additional Noctua NF-A12x25 FLX fan
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series CL16 3200Mhz 16GB (4 x 8GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 GV-RX570GAMING-4GD 4GB
Storage Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 500GB SATA III; WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Display(s) Philips 246E9QDSB 24" Frameless Monitor, Full HD IPS, 129% sRGB, 75Hz, FreeSync
Case Corsair Graphite Series 780T
Audio Device(s) Klipsch R-41PM powered monitors and SVS SB-2000 sub
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX
Keyboard Old Logitech keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
'Worth' wasn't something I mentioned in my post. I understand that the 'worth' of such currencies stems from people's belief in the system and the forces which regulate it (or not). It would be naive to think that a lot of the world's most wealthy and influential people/government don't have some stake in cryptos. If they hold enough, they'll control the system by some means, which anti-fiat followers seem to gloss over. It also wouldn't take much to quash the movement, if the world's governments deemed it a risk. There's not enough saturation from the everyday user to prevent such control - something which I doubt will happen anytime soon as cryptocurrencies are too volatile. Essentially, you're gambling on everyone else' belief in the coin and once the stream of new 'believers' runs dry, the value will fall. It's in your best interest rationilise your own choice to enter cryptos and convince other's do to so too. It's pratically a requirement you're forced into, otherwise you'll lose your investment. Gambling on a Ponzi scheme

It's not to say in the future that cryptocurrencies won't replace fiat currencies, but it'd be unlikely one of the coins in 'circulation' today - too volatile, non-standardized, limited legitimate use.
Crypto currencies have been getting more stable and less 2017 volatile as more institutions delve into crypto. It isn’t Dow Jones stable but given time it may get there. Crypto is still in its infancy and many are trying to figure out what to do with it and is it worth investing in. When was the last time you looked up “Ponzi scheme”? Crypto, as far as I can tell, isn’t paying forward previous investor money to new investors as is the case with a true Ponzi scheme. People pay gas to make transactions on Ethereum blockchain. Gas isn’t investor money, it is a fee. Hardly what I would call a Ponzi scheme.

System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
And yet the millenials cant stop touching it either... switching phones every year, for example... we are all fist deep into this mess. Addicted to consumption. Goods, information... everything is about expansion. Yesterdays plastic are todays heavy and rare metals... look at batteries. We are ramping up more new industries than ever... to 'fix' things :D Irony...

And here I thought that the minimalism movement was going to take off with the newer generations. Sigh...

To this day, people still don't understand the concept of "money cannot buy happiness". It's ridiculous.

System Name Mirkwood
Storage Crucial MX500 M.2 2280 500GB SATA III; WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive
Display(s) Philips 246E9QDSB 24" Frameless Monitor, Full HD IPS, 129% sRGB, 75Hz, FreeSync
No surprise. I do recall seeing a headline about TSMC raising prices 20% cause they can.
Because they need to raise prices in order to buy those ridiculously expensive lithography tools as transistors get smaller and quite a few of them to keep up with chip demand. Transistors aren’t getting cheaper to make at the level they are making them at, it cost a lot more to jump from 7 to 5 nm versus 32 to 28 nm.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
And here I thought that the minimalism movement was going to take off with the newer generations. Sigh...

To this day, people still don't understand the concept of "money cannot buy happiness". It's ridiculous.

Minimalism is just fashion, but we have more disposable products than ever. 'Look I own barely anything - instead I use online services, and I use things to toss away directly'. Meanwhile, we're all being singles so we DO use a separate place to live, at large, resulting in tremendous pressure on space.

Its not like we're going to live less busy lives...

Audio Device(s) Sound: LG Monitor Built-in speakers (currently), Mike: Marantz MaZ
Power Supply Corsair CS550M 550W ATX Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified, Semi-Modular Design
Mouse Logitech M280
VR HMD none
Minimalism is just fashion, but we have more disposable products than ever. 'Look I own barely anything - instead I use online services, and I use things to toss away directly'. Meanwhile, we're all being singles so we DO use a separate place to live, at large, resulting in tremendous pressure on space. Its not like we're going to live less busy lives...

Tardian does not have that problem, with at least 5-6 adults, a cat, a dog, a gecko, three possums, and moi, cohabitating in this dwelling.

We are all busy except the cat, who has delegated the task of ruling the multiverse to lesser mortals.

We recycle almost everything especially since viewing The War on Waste.

Back on topic we even eke out the maximum life from a GPU. We are very skilled in avoiding being sheared in Australia.

I
but you can be really comfortable, with air-con, OLED, Tesla, solar, single malt, grande cru, bespoke, meaningless existence with a mensa, hyper-model partner. :D

The first comment was a failed attempt at minimalism. The correct answer was:

Last edited:
System Name Desktop PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5500
Motherboard MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair Hydro X Series Custom Loop
Memory 32 (2x16) GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super FE
Storage 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD
Display(s) Vizio 1080p TV Screen (Temporary)
Case Fractal Design Define Nano S
Audio Device(s) Razer Kraken X Headset
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Razer Cynosa Lite Gaming Keyboard
VR HMD HTC Vive Cosmos
Software Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy: 8706 (Stock)
Minimalism is just fashion, but we have more disposable products than ever. 'Look I own barely anything - instead I use online services, and I use things to toss away directly'. Meanwhile, we're all being singles so we DO use a separate place to live, at large, resulting in tremendous pressure on space.

Its not like we're going to live less busy lives...

By "minimalism" I meant the more general term of "downsizing". Obviously, owning nothing is inherently wasteful, because it just necessitates buying services all the time.

Mouse Logitech M280
VR HMD none
I am hoping for minimalism in GPU pricing.:eek:

Please don't think my humor trivializes the seriousness of the issue. If you can't laugh, you would cry.

Last edited:
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
The same could be said of fiat currency when it was introduced thousands of years ago. Perhaps you should investigate more. Your bank account is as worthless as crypto
Nonsense.

My bank account is a contract between myself and, largely, the state.
It is needed for any financial system to function.
It works dayum good too. Nobody doubts its value. It is one hell of stable.
I can use it in all imaginable types of financial operations with ease.

Your crypto is a vapour with exactly zero intrinsic value, with exactly NOTHING about it being guaranteed by ANYTHING.
The shit is so clumsy, it cannot be used for normal financial transactions, essentially, the only type of activities it supports is crypto gambling between participants in the financial bubble.

Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
This screams for a Sparta meme. I do agree... discussing every Youtube fart gets pretty tiresome. As if the bright lights moved there... lol

if that 1st quote deserved the this is Sparta meme treatment then the 2nd deserved a "Life finds a way" meme a la Dr Ian Malcom

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I have always scavenged on the left overs in the second hand market, but the prices are so insane for cards with no warranty I might as well buy a new super low tier card and be happy with it. I am gonna rock my RX580 until it artefacts....that's what about it.
Nothing wrong with a 580 yet. Sure, it's only a 1080p card and you might have to drop some settings to hit 60fps in a few titles now but that doesn't really make the games any less enjoyable. If you're serious about getting the most out of your RX 580, you could drop the power limit down to around 150W and you should still be getting close to 1300MHz clocks. The boost clocks on 580/590 are quite aggressive and they can run 1250-1300MHz with far lower voltages which do wonders for the longevity of the silicon.
Why are we not talking about Hardware Unboxed's video on factors of Gpu prices
because they're mostly discussing user opinions which are, for the most part, uneducated guesses and conjecture. The reality is that we are still seeing ample hard evidence that distributors are selling large quantities (ie, hundreds and even thousands of units at once) directly to a single mining operation or large-scale scalper. We're talking about auctions of 100+ GPUs at once, and shipping containers with thousands of GPUs that are intercepted without the proper paperwork. These are wealthy opportunists intercepting retail consumer cards before they're even hitting the retail market.

As long as demand exceeds supply this process will continue and retail/consumers will get table scraps; We know there are ongoing supply problems, and we know that crypto demand is far higher than gamer demand - and crypto demand has just ramped up again. I am a small-time hobbyist miner and I have 24 reference-design RX 5700 cards. That's 24 cards that didn't go to gamers; Now understand that people like me are a trivial, negligible bump in the road compared to the tens of millions of GPUs being intercepted before they even reach the retail channel.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Yeah this is also a reason why I bought a second hand GTX 1070 ~1 week ago.
Done waiting for this crap when its not getting any better especially where I live.

I paid around the relase MSRP price for this 1070 but considering everything its was actually a decent deal here 'and yes that sounds bad cause it is..'.
So ye now I'm gonna sit this whole crazy times out with this and stop caring about it, heres hoping it wont die on me until then. :oops:

Its also kinda funny that I sold my RX 570 for almost the same money as what I paid for it in 2018 and this was only a 4GB model, ofc I'm not complaining but thats just shows how bad this is. :laugh:
You live in Europe, so it's fairly easy to get a FE GPU (all you need is French, German or Spanish address - plenty of services offering that). Just join the FE PartAlert group on Telegram and you'll get notifications on new stock. Of course, you need to be fast to get one, so you should create accounts with local addresses on LDLC and notebooksbilliger.de and have you card details at the ready (the only way to pay for the GPUs).

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
You live in Europe, so it's fairly easy to get a FE GPU (all you need is French, German or Spanish address - plenty of services offering that). Just join the FE PartAlert group on Telegram and you'll get notifications on new stock. Of course, you need to be fast to get one, so you should create accounts with local addresses on LDLC and notebooksbilliger.de and have you card details at the ready (the only way to pay for the GPUs).

Problem is not the stock I can find almost anything here, its the prices and I only buy hardware within my country for various reasons and in my country prices are a mess with 27% VAT.

The only new gen cards I was interested in is RTX 3060 or maybe a 6600 XT but that was kinda a last option but apparently both are stupid overpriced.
I'm not willing to pay more than 500$/Euro for ANY card and both of those cost quite a bit higher than that.

Moot point anyway but thanks for the idea, I have my 'new' card now and its enough for all my gaming needs currently and for the foreseeable future. :)

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Problem is not the stock I can find almost anything here, its the prices and I only buy hardware within my country for various reasons and in my country prices are a mess with 27% VAT.

The only new gen cards I was interested in is RTX 3060 or maybe a 6600 XT but that was kinda a last option but apparently both are stupid overpriced.
I'm not willing to pay more than 500$/Euro for ANY card and both of those cost quite a bit higher than that.

Moot point anyway but thanks for the idea, I have my 'new' card now and its enough for all my gaming needs currently and for the foreseeable future. :)
Why would the 27% VAT matter if you are in the EU? A 3060Ti FE is 429€ (VAT included) + ~8€ shipping, + whatever price the middle man would take for the local address and delivery to your country (it was just 10€ in my case).

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Why would the 27% VAT matter if you are in the EU? A 3060Ti FE is 429€ (VAT included) + ~8€ shipping, + whatever price the middle man would take for the local address and delivery to your country (it was just 10€ in my case).
Like I said I don't buy hardware from other countries, thats a deal breaker for me no ifs and buts in that regard.
+ I'm not looking for a Gpu anymore.

Aint dealing with such methods either.
Good for you if you got your card that way but its not my cup of tea.

I'm glad to see there being occasional finds of 3060 stock at my local Microcenter - now they just need to drop below $400, and we can talk!

I'm sorry to say, but the rest of the GPU market i screwed, until ETH goes Stake.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I'm glad to see there being occasional finds of 3060 stock at my local Microcenter - now they just need to drop below $400, and we can talk!

Probably not going to happen. EVGA, from my current looking, has a couple 3060 models. One that retails for $329 and is never in stock anywhere nor have they sold any from their store (according to the updated EVGA Queue list) in the past 30+ days. The other one retails at $399 and they seem to go off the shelf fast and also EVGA has been moving a lot of them, according to their queue list.

Since there is no 3060 FE model, Nvidia won't sell any of the 3060 GPUs at MSRP ($329). Any other place I've seen other AIB list 3060 cards, they're easily $450+. If you see a 3060 from EVGA at Micro Center, they should be priced right at that $400 area and it might be the best price you'll find for a 3060 anywhere.

Low quality post by agentnathan009
System Name Mirkwood
Nonsense.

My bank account is a contract between myself and, largely, the state.
It is needed for any financial system to function.
It works dayum good too. Nobody doubts its value. It is one hell of stable.
I can use it in all imaginable types of financial operations with ease.

Your crypto is a vapour with exactly zero intrinsic value, with exactly NOTHING about it being guaranteed by ANYTHING.
The shit is so clumsy, it cannot be used for normal financial transactions, essentially, the only type of activities it supports is crypto gambling between participants in the financial bubble.
Nope, your bank account has no intrinsic value, it is made up of numbers, number cannot feed you. Only because 99.9% of the places you go accept those numbers as having value for purchasing power are you even able to use those numbers. Banking network and computer infrastructure goes down, loses power, gets hacked, you might end up with no numbers, and no purchasing power. Got a bicycle someone can use to ride to work? Great, your neighbor may trade you some food from his garden for your bicycle, now you are trading things with actual value. Try trading a $100 bill for bread when everyone is starving and bread is scarce, you will quickly find that USD tokens (coins and bills) have no intrinsic value. By themselves they are as worthless as crypto. Only when many agree that they have value, crypto included, is value assigned and upheld.

crypto is starting off like fiat currency many years ago, struggling to gain widespread acceptance whereas fiat USD has widespread acceptance, and at one time, it did not have the widespread acceptance that it has now.

Last edited:
Low quality post by medi01
System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Nope, your bank account has no intrinsic value, it is made up of numbers
My bank account is not "made up of numbers".
It's financial obligation by a bank, towards me.
VERY strictly monitored (and guaranteed) by governmental bodies.

Talk of "intrinsic" value is nonsensical, as I didn't really "buy" anything from a bank to begin with.

Only because 99.9% of the places you go accept those numbers
Really. 99.9% only? Like, seriously?
Dude, how delusional does one become once in the cryptobubble?

Banking network and computer infrastructure goes down, loses power, gets hacked, you might end up with no numbers
Yeah. Something that actually happened at least once in any of the developed countries.
Oh wait, it had not?
So you kinda used your imagination, to create "a fact" to be used as an argument?
That's, fairly convenient... :D

our neighbor may trade you some food from his garden
Don't lecture me on why we need currency, please.

crypto is starting off like fiat currency many years ago
BS. There is nothing even remotely serious behind crypto.

Try trading a $100 bill for bread when everyone is starving
I see. What if I try to trade 5 grams of gold, would that work?

Low quality post by agentnathan009
System Name Mirkwood
My bank account is not "made up of numbers".
It's financial obligation by a bank, towards me.
VERY strictly monitored (and guaranteed) by governmental bodies.

Talk of "intrinsic" value is nonsensical, as I didn't really "buy" anything from a bank to begin with.

Really. 99.9% only? Like, seriously?
Dude, how delusional does one become once in the cryptobubble?

Yeah. Something that actually happened at least once in any of the developed countries.
Oh wait, it had not?
So you kinda used your imagination, to create "a fact" to be used as an argument?
That's, fairly convenient... :D

Don't lecture me on why we need currency, please.

BS. There is nothing even remotely serious behind crypto.

I see. What if I try to trade 5 grams of gold, would that work?
Wow, you don’t get it do you. You don’t even grasp the illustrations, specifically the one about a hypothetical situation where bread is scarce. Just like paper money or copper coins, gold cannot fill your belly if you need food. This illustration demonstrates that no precious metal is desired or wanted when you stomach is rumbling and you need food to eat. If you cannot grasp this concept and that it was all too real to Russian people during the Communist years, then I don’t know what else to say other than there is no point in continuing this debate since you cannot grasp some very low level fundamental things. If you wanna eat 5g of gold to try and fill your belly when you are starving when no one else wants it because they are starving too then have at it. You have to strip away the ability to gain anything with that gold because you are so poor that you cannot spend gold to gain because your supreme leaders would take the gold away from you anyway and all you are left with is a hungry stomach and needing things that have value, namely food and clean water, to survive another day.