• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU power draw fixed at 752 watts

mehrwane

Hello.

I bought a new Lenovo Legion 5 15IAH7H with an RTX 3070 onboard. Since the first time I used it, I noticed a problem with performance; the core clock is constant at 210 MHz, the power draw reads as 752 watts and the utilization is 100%. When not utilized the core clock spikes to 1500 MHz randomly, power draw is constant at 752 watts. attached a couple of screenshots showing the readings.

Here's what I've tried so far to fix the issue:
- Tinkered with performance mode in Vantage, Nvidia, Windows, etc.
- DDU uninstall and reinstall, using the latest Nvidia drivers as well as trying the ones provided by Windows update.
- Updating system bios.
- Flashing a different vbios.

None of what I did seemed to make a difference, so what I did is I reverted all the changes I made and now I'm wondering if there's still something that I could try before sending it back for service.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 104

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Its hardware locked, put it back to stock and use throttlestop by @unclewebb, or get a desktop replacement laptop, or get a True Desktop PC.

What you have is a notebook, not a true laptop, puny fans.

You're not the only 1 who has came here with the same questions of underperforming/hot notebooks, they run hot and throttle no matter what you do.