• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gpu time on warzone

SweatyroZeskin

Good day to everyone, so i have been experiencing many fps drops from 60 FPS to 20-25 and my rig is supposed to be running warzone in 45-60 constantly. My GPU time is 11-12 on the regular. What can i do to knock it down a bit and raise the FPS.

My rig is:
Intel core i7-2600 3.4MhZ
Nvidia gtx 960 4GD5T OCV 2
16 GB RAM

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
Nothing that you can do, your system is old and can't really deal all that well with that game. If everything works correctly you should get around 50 fps average at 900p and lowest graphical settings. I'm not sure what you mean by GPU time, but assuming that it is GPU usage, there might be something wrong. Updating graphics drivers should be the first thing that you could do. Anyway, you really shouldn't be getting anything more than 50 fps in this game as CPU is being the weakest link. And 50 fps average means that fps can sometimes drop to much lower numbers.

SweatyroZeskin

Nothing that you can do, your system is old and can't really deal all that well with that game. If everything works correctly you should get around 50 fps average at 900p and lowest graphical settings. I'm not sure what you mean by GPU time, but assuming that it is GPU usage, there might be something wrong. Updating graphics drivers should be the first thing that you could do. Anyway, you really shouldn't be getting anything more than 50 fps in this game as CPU is being the weakest link. And 50 fps average means that fps can sometimes drop to much lower numbers.
Can you give me a recommendation for a good GPU+CPU

ppn

Not now give it a few months at least for the crypto currency to drop by 70%. current prices are insane.

500 euro for a 1660 super. that is what 3070 should normally be worth by now.

RTX 3050 should do the trick with 980Ti like performance but it is not released for desktop yet.

6 core 12 threads at 3.3Ghz should do .. the higher the clock speed, the newer the generation the better.

System Name Shizuka
Processor Intel Core i5 10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
Cooling Scythe Choten
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon V2 RX 580 8GB ~100 watts in Wattman
Storage 512GB WD Blue + 256GB WD Green + 4TH Toshiba X300
Display(s) BenQ BL2420PT
Case Cooler Master Silencio S400
Audio Device(s) Topping D10 + AIWA NSX-V70
Power Supply Chieftec A90 550W (GDP-550C)
Mouse Steel Series Rival 100
Keyboard Hama SL 570
Software Windows 10 Enterprise
Can you give me a recommendation for a good GPU+CPU
I guess I could, but I think that your computer is still acceptable for that game. The problem is that to upgrade this computer you need a whole platform upgrade + gpu upgrade and that's pretty much buying a whole new computer. Also I have no idea what your needs are and as other person said right now we have a GPU shortage and prices are unreasonable. Although you would likely be able to buy some prebuilt computer with good graphics card at somewhat okay price, but you have to be really careful with buying prebuilts, because most of them suck (also nowadays you should avoid Dell at all costs). If you want to buy a prebuilt computer, you should at least watch this:

But still, I think that ~50 fps is adequate and you should try installing a new graphics driver and make sure that you aren't running anything in background, during gaming. Don't buy anything, before you really make sure it's not the software causing your problems.