• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z 0.6.6 System Crash

Hi i got to report a bug which caused a extrem crash for me.

I watched a Video on Youtube, and started GPU-Z.
When GPU-Z was loading it seemed like it locked up. So i tried ctrl+alt+del but nothing happend. Music kept playing. Then my screen became black, music stopped and the GPU fan ran at 100%, then my screen went into idle mode and didn't wake up anymore. I had to push the reset button.
Uefi reported that it tried to reboot multiple times which kinda scared me because i never had such a message from UEFI before.

I never had such an issue before. Now when i start GPU-Z it seems to work, but while loading it seems to slow down the system for example music will be "slow" for the moment when GPU-Z loads although i have a good system. When i started GPU-Z for the first time after this crash it told me that the crash happend when loading Open CL.

Here are my specs:

Asrock z68 Pro3
Core i5 2500k
Sapphire AMD 7850 2GB
4GB DDR3
Win 7 x64

Also: GPUZ seem to have a bug when reading my clockrates(happens with any driver). The clockrates it reads are incorrect. It reads the clockrates of the OC version of my card although my card isn't a OC Version and runs at stock settings.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
can you post a screen shot og gpu z?

i think flash crashed you system. do you use fire fox?

sometimes my opera crashes when i use youtube or am viewing facebook photos.
i also heard someones system crashing andshowing gpu fault like symptoms, but was later identified to be a flash problem.

can you post a screen shot og gpu z?

i think flash crashed you system. do you use fire fox?

sometimes my opera crashes when i use youtube or am viewing facebook photos.
i also heard someones system crashing andshowing gpu fault like symptoms, but was later identified to be a flash problem.

I use Chrome. Also: look at my Clockrate. It shows 920/1250 that are the clocks of the OC Version. But i do not own the OC Version and my Card runs at stock 860/1200. I think it may be related and caused by reading the bios. I know that there are a lot users right now who have a Black Screen Bug in games. But i never had that. When starting GPU-Z it happend for the very first time.
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/10/29/9c9.png