Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by voodoo, Jun 28, 2010.
I have a 4870x2 video card and I can't save BIOS .
What can I do ?
you'll have to use a pendrive and save the bios from atitool i have a 4650 and i couldnt save the bios either it said cant read from device
1. time and patience
2. a pendrive
3. hp usb disk format tool and win98 boot disk (the one from extremeoverclocking.com downloads, the others are crap that extract to a floppy)http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=196
4. atiflash download the latest http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1731/ATIFlash%203.79.html
here's what you do:
1. put pendrive in and back up all its contents
2. extract all files from the windows 98 boot disk .zip files to a folder
3. open up hp usb format tool and choose fat32 choose quick and choose copy dos files from folder and choose the folder you extracted all the files from the .zip
4. go to the extracted folders and copy everything to the pendrive dont replace io.sys msdos.sys and command.com, copy atiflash.exe to the pendrive too
5. in the pendrive open config.sys and delete everything and just put this line: device=himem.sys
open autoexec.bat and delete everything and just put: atiflash -s 0 mybios.rom
thats it you'll have your card's bios in your pendrive in a file called mybios.rom
hope it helps
4870x2 has 2 BIOSes (master and slave)
What error message are you getting ?
BIOS reading not supported on this device .
Use GPUZ 184.108.40.206 does not work on 4870x2.
You are right .
4.2 did it .
Are there some "cool" settings for fan ?
Separate names with a comma.