• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z Translation: Spanish [Added]

Tambien llevo años utilizando los términos pixels y texels, incluso veo que en los foros españoles relacionados a tecnología tambien se utilizan esos términos. Por eso habia dado mi bendicion a tu traduccion inicial.

Pero ahora que lo menciona Mr McC tuve que mirar.. y parece ser que si queremos ser perfectos tenemos que utilizar los términos correctos. Pero bueno.. ahi verais vosotros que yo llevo demasiados años perdido por inglaterra. :rolleyes:

La gente lo dice, pero no es gramaticalmente correcto terminar una palabra plural así, sin embargo, y como dices, son palabras importadas, tu decides ;)

listo el cambio gente, ahora a esperar q w1zzard la use en el pximo build:)

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think that if you're into PC Gaming, whether you speak English or not, you understand all the terminology: core clock, gpu, overclock, etc ... There is no need for translation; It's crap like this that make Spain to stay behind in learning English, the obsession to translate/dub everything. Everything is bloody dubbed so people don't need to learn English. And then they say that Spain is one of the worst in the world when speaking English, no wonder. :shadedshu

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
I think that if you're into PC Gaming, whether you speak English or not, you understand all the terminology: core clock, gpu, overclock, etc ... There is no need for translation; It's crap like this that make Spain to stay behind in learning English, the obsession to translate/dub everything. Everything is bloody dubbed so people don't need to learn English. And then they say that Spain is one of the worst in the world when speaking English, no wonder. :shadedshu

There may be no need for translations, but why discriminate against those who don't speak English as their native language? English may reach the widest audience, but it would be rude to simply ignore those who speak other languages. It is not a question of wanting to translate everything, it is a question of translating correctly into the target language: every Spaniard will understand that pixels refers to pixeles and texels to texeles, but if we are going to translate into Spanish, I personally feel that we should respect grammatical rules relating to plurals. This is a translation (a good translation) of a computer program, its impact on the English of the Spanish as a whole is extremely limited; however, I do not feel that we should simply impose English on speakers of all other languages, particularly when we have people who are willing and able to translate - thanks sparkyar.

With regards the English of the Spanish, whether or not it is the worst amongst non-native speakers remains open to debate; however, I can assure that any linguistic shortcomings on their part are not due to a lack of exposure to English. Personally, I would cite the following reasons over and above a desire to translate and dub everything:

English has upwards of 20 vowel sounds whilst Spanish has around nine (including dipthongs).

English spelling, unlike Spanish, often provides no clue with regards to the pronunciation of the word.

The Spanish are extremely self-conscious about making linguistic mistakes and often shy away from opportunities to practice their English.

In any event, failing to translate GPU-Z into Spanish would be a discourtesy to those who speak the second most extended language in the world (Mandarin Chinese speakers remain largely in China) and a policy that this web site clearly and thankfully does not share.

Last edited:
Estan de sobra las expresiones de clylomax y creo que son exageradas las afirmaciones de que los españoles son los peores en aprendizaje de otros idiomas, solo hace falta ir a usa o algunos paises de europa para notar que el ciudadano promedio es monolingue al grado de la verguenza...

sin embargo estoy de acuerdo en un punto... que los españoles estan obsesionados con traducir todo, incluso nombres propios que no deberian ser traducidos (un claro ejemplo es el cine en españa donde una pelicula subtitulada es casi una aberracion para los españoles) y esa obsesion se refleja en traducciones que son demasiado literales y por consiguiente caen en errores por no tener en cuenta el significado de una expresion... no se enojen los amigos españoles! un abrazo!!!