1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gran Turismo 5 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Hybrid_theory, Nov 19, 2010.

1. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    been doing the licenses. Golded all A and B, doing iC, but on the 3rd track (370z) It is hard for me to get that last .2 seconds to get gold. I want my free ford GT!!!

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I've only done the B licence so far, and I got gold on everything except 6, I'm .014 off gold, freaking hate that test, it's going to be dumb luck to make up that time, I keep coming up with .014 - .020 off the time consistently.

3. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    Apex is that book that came with the Collector's edition. It is pretty much an in depth manual.

You should be able to get one from Ebay.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well if it is anything like the Ferrari 512BB '76 which you have the final i-C test(if you recall it was also pretty light in the tail and spin happy)

After buying it to use in the Supercar Nostalgia Race I of course knew right away it was gonna need some serious suspension tuning so I bought the Height Adjustable Suspenion kit for it right away knowing I could tune the Camber with it(figured that was the easiest way to sort it out) only to find out the real reason is that the rear spring rates are really high and the front is really low(it of course should be the opposite as you want the front springs to be firmer than the rear to keep the weight transfer to the rear end)

YEP the Lotus is the same... I have an 111R I just hadn't put the suspension on it yet...
    The spring rates are horribly biased to the back at stock F 3.0 R 4.5 it explains why the car is such a pain to drive...

Yeah I was settling for Silvers for awhile but when I got all gold on the S tests I went back and did some more grinding. The one that was killing me was A-8 (the Schumacher S in the Beemer) I had it within 3 THOUSANDTHS of second... Finally beat it.

Just have my Int B and A to get golds in(sadly it was after that one I gave up on golds so ALL my B are silver and my A I have a couple gold in) So I still have ALOT of work to do...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    I bought a 512BB for the european classic race in begginer. the lotus was way worse i found

6. TheMonkey New Member

Thanks Received:
    I frequent everyday, and I am not new at all, just not a big poster. Oftentimes we do like to keep a positive atmosphere... u should work on that. Just because someone offered their un-biased opinion in a constructive manner doesn't mean they "shat on your lawn..." Who cares if its a clubhouse, he didn't come to troll or flame just gave an opinion. Where does it say in TPU rules that clubhouses are for people singing only praises for the product? To assume someone is trashing your thread because they warn you of the fact that they may say something u don't like or agree with is completely ridiculous.

7. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I already posted that this drama stop. This goes no further, keep on topic.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Melvis

Melvis

Thanks Received:
    Beeen playing this abit yesterday and ive been enjoying it alot (only lvl 10)

My main concern was how good it was online (Multiplayer) but it turned out not bad a t all, seemed to work good (thank god)

Cant wait to get back on there and buy my 88 Supra Turbo A o yea and do it up :D

9. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Golded all of the iC except the final.

The way I beat iC-3 (370z):

1st Turn: let off the gas, and turn almost simultaneously just before the red "slow" marker.

2nd Turn: Make sure to start the turn at the very left side of the trick, right by the grass, and cut in while breaking just barely, where you stay on the guideline.

3rd Turn: Gas as hard as you can while staying on the right-middle side of the track, and cut in as best as you can. Be careful with the gas on this one, as if you do it too early, the car will inevitably run off the road. You will have to find the happy medium.

I am a great source of knowledge for the license tests up to this point, so feel free to PM me and ill help you out. By the end of this week, I should have golded the "S" licenses.

10. TheMonkey New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry it ends now...

Haven't had a whole lot of time to play... just snagged lvl10 while working on golding the AMG driving academy.

11. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    i envy your l33t skills. i was working on B-6 to gold for like 45 minutes at least. I wasnt gonna gold em, but thought eh why not

12. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Guys I need help with the Top Gear Challenges

Can't come first in the beginner one and I can't handle the Elise properly either in the second so I have trouble finishing the race never mind coming first.

Also with the rally challenges I can't win I'm always 2 seconds behind and come 4th. Using a Honda TypeR 07 I believe. I have it at 245hp and pretty much maxed out everything aerodynamically and in the weight department. Also tightened the acceleration but it feels like the power isn't being transmitted to the track when I'm accelerating.

13. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My father had a '73 Mach 1 with the same colors:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is pretty much what my real life car looks like:

[​IMG]

Before it got a paintjob.. and getting some air!

[​IMG]

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Hybrid_theory

Hybrid_theory

Thanks Received:
    @DrPepper The elise challenge I havent beaten yet either. Some things to consider are keep skid recovery on, and TCS to about 5. Ease on the gas and brake, pass players when you can.

For the beginner challenge. the general idea is to only tap the brakes when needed, and otherwise full on throttle. Use drafting to help get ahead. First corner I dont pass any1 till after. I pass on the left, then goto the right and do a narrow turn on chicago. Same with hammer head work over to the right to pass people. For 2nd to last corner, take off the gas before the turn, and you can pass people on the left at the end of the turn. Should be about 6th at the end of first lap. I was 2nd at chicago. Got 1st at the end of follow through

DrPepper says thanks.
  15. Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    SO i heard this game is best to date for ps3 driving gerne?is it correct?Is this game worth a buy?

16. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Yes in every way.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    I've installed a 500GB 7200rpm hard drive, and the game loads/runs a lot better. Being that I couldn't transfer my saved game from the old HDD (not that it mattered, didn't do much), I've started from scratch. So far I am at lvl 10 without doing any licence tests. I've fully tuned a VW GTI Mark.V (closest thing to my car) and loving it. Also bought a Stingray, for about 4 race events, and fucking hating it. The POS eats the rear tires and it's a donkey to maneuver.

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Play3r New Member

Thanks Received:
    Add me in Please

PSN: Ampage

Its weird playing GT again. so many racing games these days all you have to do it tap the brakes and youll just drift around the corner. GT you actually have to brake!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH

Rockin the 97' Civic so far

19. Count Shagula New Member

Thanks Received:
    I also 'upgraded' my HDD. Took the 120gig out and put a 60gig SSD in (I only really have the PS3 for GT5 and Uncharted). Loads very quick now. I used the Data Backup thing in system to backup and restore all my stuff so i didn't have to start again.

20. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    been running around in an upgraded Peugeot for the slower Euro races :laugh:

not sure why i could not get the whole car in focus...

[​IMG]

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. ktr

ktr

Thanks Received:
    207 GTi is awesome. That will be my next car to buy for the Frenchy race.

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Well finally found my USB Stick, so here's some shots of my 562hp 69 Vette and My 88 Countach.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Only thing that makes me upset is they didn't make the Countach a Premium car, I mean seriously, if there is one supercar that was on everybodys wall, that was it, it's just amazing looking, even today, if I could have any Lambo, I would take it.

Oh and Easy, did you enlarge that photo? Thats an insane resolution.

23. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    all i did was copy it to XBMC and then copy it to my usb stick. i uploaded it "as is" to techpowerup.org

the image size is only 998K !!!!!!

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. Play3r New Member

Thanks Received:
  25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Weird, the default picture size for the game is 1620x1080, your's is exactly double that, wonder why.