1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Graphic card crash when full load

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by mrthanhnguyen, Aug 14, 2014.

1. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    I just received my gtx 670 from Asus RMA. It works normally when I surf the web and do microsoft,but it crashes when I play games at the time finish loading the game and log in, it crashes, I can't even play for 1 second. Is the graphic card still defective or some part of my pc has problem?

2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Drop your overclock to factory speed. Remove your gc drivers update your motherboard drivers,gc drivers. Can you see blue screen codes?

3. mstenholm

Thanks Received:
    Return it after trying a different slot. Its a long shot that your #1 slot is bad but then at least you did your part of testing. I assume that you run stock speed.

Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. mrthanhnguyen

Thanks Received:
    no blue screen at all. When Battlefield 4 finish loading, the game appears on the screen, then screen freeze, there's a window pops up say directx getdeviceremovereason. When I tried League of Legend, the game just crashes to desktop without any notification. I tried furmark, it said something about nvidia problem. I use the asus gtx 670 top, the highest clock of gtx 670,and i don't know what its stock speed because i haven't overclock it.

bf4 error:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  5. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie PC Gaming Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    IDK, but that error distinctly looks like a driver error. I recommend reinstalling your Nvidia drivers and see if there is a difference.

It also couldn't hurt to reinstall DirectX.