1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTA V for PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by twicksisted, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Tonduluboy

Tonduluboy

Thanks Received:
    I know GTA is not for kids, i just wanna try to play it like everyone else.
    However, i'm forced to share my pc with my kids (they have their own pc). They saw new game icon on my pc, they just wanna try it...
    As a parent, i need to uninstall the game...

2. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    This made no sense to me or am I just reading it wrong?

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. twicksisted

twicksisted

Thanks Received:
    Disgusting behaviour to customers!!! I'm shocked! Seriously if I found out any of my staff spoke to my customers like that I'd destroy them!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    KainXS and Guitar say thanks.
  4. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Please, get up to speed on what you're "quoting" if you're going to use the quote system at all. I wasn't the one that made that post like you made it look. Obviously that was newtekie1's comment, not mine.

...and for the record, I later agreed with most of what he said.

As for the GameStop GTA V purchase fiasco in the YouTube vid, while I DO feel the lady at the counter was being flippant, the guy seemed oblivious to the fact that if you start questioning ID policy on such a game in a place like GS, you risk tempting fate getting on the bad side of such employees. I avoid GS like the plague, and if I were (God forbid) to shop there, I probably wouldn't start an argument over something like being asked to show ID. I wouldn't say he was equal party to the cause of it escalating, but he certainly was part of it.

5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I assume you meant you have to share the console with your kids, either way its an easy fix, make your kids have their own profiles. And make sure to log out of yours everytime you are done playing. But then again maybe not since you say PC a 2nd time, either way that method should work for console or PC.

6. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:

having worked at gamestop before(sadly) I can say he was wrong but she was the manager when your the manager and you cannot handle such a simple situation as no you need your id, then you don't need to be a manager. The real problem was that guy who kept pushing her and insulting the guy as a manager she should have asked him to leave so she could do her job. If it were not for the person insulting that guy which in term probably made her feel more righteous for doing it also she probably would have had no problem and what that guy said when he walked out was just, really wrong.

7. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Quite frankly I find it odd that the guy was upset about showing ID, yet he has no problem making a purchase while someone is recording it on video, and that was even mentioned IN the video, so I doubt he was oblivious to it. Just seems a bit strange. Then again, if I were managing a store like that, which I never would, I wouldn't allow someone to be making a video of random customers, it's rude, and invasive.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    But the right measure was not taken in the end she just acted like a bitch If he would not show ID and kept asking she should of said that she sould of had him removed by the authority may it be the mall cop ( HA ) or the police.

And for the camera yes it was all to convenient but if it was legit what gave the guy the idea that they would not ask for ID as i can say ours never do and if they did they would not get a sale LOL...

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    since i cbf watching the shitty video, someone give me the highlights.

all i got was: someone pissed off an employee while buying a game, and somehow it was all recorded like they'd planned it in advance.

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. Guitar

Guitar

Thanks Received:
    The only thing I hate about it not being on PC is the graphics are muddy in the distance. I have bad eyes anyways but I have to sit closer to my screen to actually be able to see details and shit like when driving down the road at night so they actually look clearer. Granted my screen is a 24" 5 year old monitor or so...but still. But the hour or so I've played it, the game is fun as hell and the map appears enormous.

11. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    No an employee pissed off a customer. And the guy recording was making fun of the pissed off guy, and supporting the employee. Yet him posting the video for all to see most likely is why she got fired, so I'm not sure that it was planned.

12. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Better not to release the game on PC if it performs at the same level as GTA IV on PC.

13. SocialStudiesWizard New Member

Thanks Received:
  14. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    True.

However...

Saints Row III > GTA IV
    Saints Row IV > GTA V

Happens every time now. And since Saints Rows are on PC, win.
    Heck, even LA Noire and Mafia II were better than the recent GTAs.

15. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    You are playing it wrong :laugh: but seriously, both Mafia 2 and LA Noire have city that is not much more than a pretty background, GTA cities seem so much more alive ... and this matters in an open world games.

16. grunt_408

grunt_408

Thanks Received:
    Really looking forward to it coming out on pc. I have no problem with the way GTA IV runs and expect that after all of the mods that came out for that game GTA V will be much more optimized for pc. Looking forward to playing it.

17. m6tzg6r

Thanks Received:
    At the moment i have the month off work, so i got an xbox 360 and GTA5 and the GTA 4 Trilogy for $334 from EB Games Online.

As a PC Gamer, the main reason i don't own consoles is because of the low res and low frame rates. I once played some Crysis 3 on PS3 and oh boy when i later got it on PC it was like a whole other game, anyway seeing GTA5 is only on console, and I've played every GTA up until now, i thought id get GTA5 so i can at least play it.

Quality wise it runs in 720p, barely any AA, and frame rate is 20-30 depending. My 360 is brand new, disc 1 is installed on the HDD and disc 2 is in the DVD drive while playing. Shadows only get detailed when they are like 1 meter ahead of you. If you look into the distance there is always some texture to be seen that isn't drawn in, shadows are flickery, overall its better then GTA 4 but still pretty much the same, which is expected on aging hardware. But up close things like cut scenes are great, but anything outdoors can look blurry due to the 720p res.

The game is great, but it would be lovely to play on PC one day, because the only thing that would make this game a better experience is if it was running in 1080p with more AA and AF, increased draw distance and holding a nice 40fps.

I find it odd that people spend 200 million to make a game, take years to do it, then it ends up on some weak ass console. Its like a band today making an album and only releasing it on tape.

jgunning and PLSG08 say thanks.
  18. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    one of the great things about this game is that i can pick it up and play it for 30 minutes at a time. i don't have to sit down and devote an entire morning just to accomplish something in game. makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
    10 Year Member at TPU
  19. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Are we talking about gameplay here? graphics? or performance? Because GTA V is absolutely better than SR IV now. played SR IV and had fun but never bothered with it anymore since GTA V was released.

I agree SRIII is better than GTA IV but that's because IV was already out for years when SR3 arrived. the proper comparison would be GTA IV and SR2

digibucc says thanks.
  20. Guitar

Guitar

Thanks Received:

I feel sorry for people like you. :laugh:

torgoth and digibucc say thanks.
  21. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Well I caved, and bought the game on Xbox. Glad I didn't wait!!! :D

Guitar says thanks.
  22. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    nice. wish you had a ps3 though so we could play online together in October. :ohwell:

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Easy Rhino and Mussels say thanks.
  24. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    ?

25. bbmarley

Thanks Received: