• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 1050 Laptop Error 43

Ayoub_MaRoC

Good afternoon all , hope all fine with the current situation .
I have a problem with my GPU , i have a error in "Device Manager" says : "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) " .
Back in Last November , everything was perfect , i was playing a small game , then i shut down the Pc (just pressed the power button to do something) , when i powered up again , i noticed that i got bad FPS's , and that i got that error , after removing and installing the driver , it worked but just for a few seconds then a Blue Screen appear with "video TDR failure" , after that i reinstalled fresh windows 10 , but that didn't work , same blue screen , after trying different thing such "using DDU , reinstall again windows, trying different drivers" , the problem didn't solve until today , still got Error 43 . Sometimes it works for a few minutes (about 5-10 mins) then Pc jammed until i keep pressing the power button . Now i really want to solve that issue and want to play games in the current situation (got bored)
Laptop Specs :
Lenovo Legion Y520-15ikbn
I5 7500HQ
GTX 1050
Windows 10 1909

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Disable automatic driver update and try using the graphic drivers from Lenovo's website.

Ayoub_MaRoC

Disable automatic driver update and try using the graphic drivers from Lenovo's website.
Hello Sir , sorry for not giving feedback due to some works .
i uninstall the driver and restarted and installed the Lenovo's recommended driver , and it installed correctly , when i restarted again , problem didn't solve .

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
1. Update laptop BIOS to the latest version.
2. Go to the BIOS, disable Fast Boot, Switchable Graphics, and save & exit.
3. Go to the BIOS again and enable Switchable Graphics, save & and exit.
4. If you still get error 43, uninstall ALL graphic drivers (Intel and Nvidia).
5. Perform a cleanup with DDU from safe mode.
6. Download and install the latest drivers BUT from Nvidia and Intel websites. Start with Intel.
7. If you still get error 43, revert to an older build of Windows 10 [guide here].
8. If the problem persists, contact Lenovo, open a repair ticket, and don't forget to backup your data to another device.

Last edited: