• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gtx 1060 bricked 0 memory size

mashidof

hello everyone, i have issue with my gpu (gtx 1060 evga ssc 6gb) first i have a code 43 but after i update the driver with an old one (bcz new driver refuse to install) now have a code 14 error. Msi afterburner can't see my gpu, evga precision x refuse to open. Now when i use GPU Z it said that my gpu have 0 memory size check out this link i posted a screenshot: http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/20/07/11/fpf.png . sorry for my english, it's not my firts language.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
Have you or anyone else flashed the bios on this card?

mashidof

Have you or anyone else flashed the bios on this card?
yes i flashed the GPU bios but still did'nt work.

the drivers refuse to install like normally every time i start the pc windows ask me to restart the pc for the installation to work properly, but still don't work . windows notifications said "force the installation" (i translate it)

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
First restore the original BIOS. See this thread to learn how to.

If you use Windows 10, import this registry entry to disable automatic driver update.

Uninstall all display drivers and then perform a cleanup with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from safe mode.

Take the PC outside, open the case, and remove all the dust with air blower or hair dryer with a cold setting.

Remove the graphics card and blow some air in the x16 PCI express slot.

Carefully remove the heatsink from the graphics card and clean the fans with a toothbrush.

Clean the graphic cards with isopropyl alcohol and cotton swabs. Especially the GPU area and PCIe pins.

When you're done, reapply thermal paste on the GPU, remount the heatsink, plug it back in.

Download and install this driver from Nvidia's website.

If the graphics card still doesn't work, check if it's under warranty, if it is, just RMA it.

If warranty expired, consider sending it to graphics cards repair lab, if there isn't any in your area, you can try the oven trick as the last resort.