• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 1080 fan problem

Zyron

Hi all,

first excuse my bad english pls :x

I bought a new Computer with a gtx 1080 in, a Manli gtx 1080 Twin Cooler.

When I play games and the graphicscard need to work, the 2 fans start to speed up around 3k rpm and then fall of to the normal speed, it last for like 1second, sounds like a tubirne -.-' the temperaturs are below 70°C when this happens

When I'am on the desktop or browsing in the internet, everything is fine.

I've read in the nvidia forum, it should've been fixed with a driver update, i got the newest one, the driver version 375.65 , the problem is still there.

I used the DDU to clean install the newest driver, the problem is also still there but seems to appear a bit less then before.

is there maybe a bios which can fix this issue for me or maybe other solutions?

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
What is the problem? The fan spin up to full speed and ramp back down to normal, no? Is that a problem?

Typically the cards don't spin up that fast except when you power it on... but, I don't see a problem?

What EXACT GPU do you have? Can you provide a link to the EXACT model?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Sounds like a gigabyte

Zyron

When I start playing a game, the fan slowly increase when the temperatures goes up, this is normal.
I think at 60+ °C the speed suddenly increase for 1-2 seconds to arround 3krpm and then go back to normal, its a very loud noice and definitly not normal, that happen arround every 30seconds to 1minute I guess.
In gpu-z there are a lot of spikes in my %fan.
That sounds like the fan problem of the gtx 1080 in june 2016, but I think my card still have it.

here the link to my card: http://www.manli.com/en/products/NVIDIA_Graphics_Cards/10_Series/products/81

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Good to hear the whole story... :)

Is there a BIOS update for your card anywhere? Can you set a manual fan curve and stop it? What does "Mani" (card maker) say about the problem?

Reactions: 64K

Zyron

I'am in contact with the support where I bought the computer.
I'll change to a ASUS gtx 1080 strix oc, hopefully this card haven't problems with the fans.