• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX1070mobile Asus G752VS

AsusG752vs

Hi all,
Looking for anyone that might have come across this issue or know a resolution, having issues with performance when playing games, tested Doom where the fps starts very high at 130+ then drops down to 30ish and continues to go back up to 100+ and back down, I posted this on the throttlestop forum CPU seems all fine, however when throttlestop BDPROCHOT is unchecked the GPU Chip power draw is only pulling around 20watts when gaming and FPS in Doom stays at stable 30ish FPS. When BDPROCHOT is checked, this is when the performance is up and down and I can see on GPU-Z when the FPS goes high the GPU chip power draw spikes to 50 to 60 watts for a second before dropping back down.

I've done a fresh windows install, with Asus official drivers both older and newer drivers, also nvidia latest drivers with the same result.
I've downgraded the Laptop Bios the same result, repasted the CPU and GPU, thermals when gaming the CPU hit 70s and GPU also around 70s.
Bought a new adapter same issue.

I've attached the logs, if anyone has info, advice..not sure what is going on.

Specs - Asus G752VS - running windows 10
Intel i7 6700HQ
GTX 1070 mobile
32GB Ram

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    78.4 KB · Views: 97
  • GPU-Z Sensor Log - BDPROCHOT checked.txt
    21.8 KB · Views: 94
  • gpuz.png
    gpuz.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 73

AsusG752vs

Does it happen during benchmarking or just Doom?
This happens on every game I have tried, Doom, CS GO, Destiny, Borderlands, Quake Champions, Batman Arkham Knight....I tried Heaven benchmark and exactly the same where performance just drops then goes back up high and drops.

SMOKESKULL

Not sure what to say. Make sure you have installed all the intel drivers like the thermal monitoring.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Adjust windows power profiles for max performance and disable pcie link state. Check the bios, also clean your fans

If you need to
Replace thermal compound and pads

Hi all,
Looking for anyone that might have come across this issue or know a resolution, having issues with performance when playing games, tested Doom where the fps starts very high at 130+ then drops down to 30ish and continues to go back up to 100+ and back down, I posted this on the throttlestop forum CPU seems all fine, however when throttlestop BDPROCHOT is unchecked the GPU Chip power draw is only pulling around 20watts when gaming and FPS in Doom stays at stable 30ish FPS. When BDPROCHOT is checked, this is when the performance is up and down and I can see on GPU-Z when the FPS goes high the GPU chip power draw spikes to 50 to 60 watts for a second before dropping back down.

I've done a fresh windows install, with Asus official drivers both older and newer drivers, also nvidia latest drivers with the same result.
I've downgraded the Laptop Bios the same result, repasted the CPU and GPU, thermals when gaming the CPU hit 70s and GPU also around 70s.
Bought a new adapter same issue.

I've attached the logs, if anyone has info, advice..not sure what is going on.

Specs - Asus G752VS - running windows 10
Intel i7 6700HQ
GTX 1070 mobile
32GB Ram

System Name Main PC/OldPC/3rd PC
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge/Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge/Core i3-4330 Haswell
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V/ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen1/ASUS H81M2
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Intel Box cooler/Intel Box cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance/32GB ADATA/16GB ADATA
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB/MSI RX 480 8GB/SAPPHIRE R9 390 8GB
Storage 2x1TB ADATA SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/2xCrucial 1TB SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/Samsung 1TB SSD+8TB+4TB HDDs
Display(s) Philips 274E5QHAB@HDMI + Philips 273EQH@DVI (both 27")
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium
Audio Device(s) Kenwood Mini HiFi system/Microlab speakers/Philips HDMI (main)+LG TV monitor HDMI + Apple headphones
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent ProM 600 W (modular)
Mouse Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)@Razer Goliath mousepad (Medium speed)
Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)
Software Win10 64-bit (Main PC v.1809 RTM Enterprise/2nd PC v.1903 Insider Preview Pro/3rd PC - same as 2nd)
OP, could you test with MSI Afterburner?
Logs of that would be much more complete & useful than GPU-Z logs, as Afterburner with catch CPU going too hot, throttling/etc.

AsusG752vs

Thanks for the responses,
The windows performance is set to max performance, I have disabled PCI link state, I have already cleaned the laptop completely and done a repaste on both CPU and GPU.
I was on the latest bios and also downgraded to an older bios unfortunately still facing the same issue, I am now back on the latest bios.

Nvidia 3D settings - prefer max performance

I've attached the MSI afterburner while running Doom one without throttlestop running and looks really inconsistent you can pretty much see when the performance takes a hit and when the performance goes back up on the graph. And the one with throttlestop running BD PROCHOT unchecked, the performance stays at around 30fps. Temps look all fine, quite cold here in the morning atm.

Attachments

• MSI Afterburner log.zip
    59 KB · Views: 54