1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX570 Twin Frozr III really so loud? or take HD6970?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by GoGoris, Nov 13, 2011.

1. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, to begin, I'm new here. So if I don't give enough information, tell me.
    I want to know if a GTX570 Twin Frozr III PE/OC is really that loud as some people tell.
    If it is, is a HD6970 lightning cooler/quieter? Because nobody seems to know that.
    I'll SLI the GTX570 so I don't want it to hot/loud. (and I'm a little sensitive to noise because I have no good sound yet. 'll buy it later, first a new pc ;)) I don't have a hot case because I'll buy a haf X.

2. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    They're basically the same cooler, more or less. There won't be much of a difference in noise between the two.

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I bought the gigabyte windforce x3 which has similar acoustic properties and i must say mine is really quiet. Both will ramp up with the extra heat. Gtx570 should be a little cooler. Make sure you have space between the PCI-e slots for the GTX570 or in SLI the cards will choke!

4. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have any complaints about the gigabyte windforce 3? Because I heard that they are bad quality, made with cheaper and less durable parts than msi... How much is it overclocked?

5. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    900/1800/2000 on stock voltage, my CPu is too slow to run any faster so i run it on stock anyway. still uber cool. Maybe it isnt as good as the MSI but it is cooler due to it's vapour chamber

I have a rev2 which has a shorter board, but i think it is better than the Ref card i had before
    I have no complains

If they are same price then get the MSI especially if you want the best OCing card otherwise the gigabyte is pretty damn good

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    GoGoris says thanks.
  6. timma New Member

Thanks Received:
    suggest buy Gigabyte Windforce 2x/3x serial card,OC edition and good quite/dB~

7. Jeffredo

Jeffredo

Thanks Received:
    Twin Frozr models of any kind (II or III) aren't the quietest cards in the world at load. I'd get the cheapest reference GTX 570 I could find and hang an Arctic Cooling Accelero on it

8. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have a windforce 3x GTX570 too, and I have only fantastic things to say about the card.

Excellent build quality
    Superior components (compared to reference)
    Efficient cooler (very quiet and effective)
    Pre-overclocked, and over clocks Very well, should be looking at 900+ core speed
    Nice bundle (mini HDMI cable included) and decent warranty

I hazard a guess that the MSI twinfrozr card is probably just as good in every department and perhaps better in some, but I have not used an MSI twinforzr card, so I can only say what I know for sure.

9. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    If you can afford the SOC edition buy it, it is a MUCH better PCB than any other card and can do high clocks with virtually no Voltage boost, you can get 1000+ core pretty easily

10. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    I have TwinFrozr II 6870s and they are quiet until they ramp up. At 100% fan speed, they can get a little loud, but nothing close to as loud as a reference leaf blower.

11. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Reference gtx570's have VRAM issues, not good...
    I'm from Belgium and can only choose between the rev 1.0 cards (tweakers.net/pricewatch) or it's not mentioned... So UD, OC or SO... The SO has Ultra Durable+ and better overclocks I guess but is €20 more, I'm going to SLI, worth the €20 more? And are there any compatibility issues with an asus mobo? (this is my first build) And will there be enough cooling for SLI?

12. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes but it's known that the TwinFrozr II quieter is than the TwinFrozr III. I can't get the TwinFrozr II in Belgium, so not good from MSI... :shadedshu

13. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    SOC is the best posible, i would get that... it is much much better than the OC, and the MSI. fucking fast and better parts than MSI could dream of

14. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gigabyte fan? :rolleyes:
    Thanks, but a lot of people told me the same of msi.
    But after reading some reviews I think you're right. :p

15. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I had the same desison when i was picking my card. I actually love MSI but gigabyte have really done amazingly with the SOC

GoGoris says thanks.
  16. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
  17. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    Nah mounting holes are standard. Boot issues are not a problem ive ever had, ive actually got a OC not SOC edition. I have not had issues with mine as of yet. Might have been a bios issue you have to remember all cards have a fail rate, even MSI ones. I had a MSI twin fozr which had a moderate artifact issue but wasn't to say all have the issue, just the luck of the draw. gigabyte SOC is a superb card if you have looked at reviews. I can link you to some interesting ones i found if you are unsure still. Personally 3 fans + vapour chamber was a no brainer but the overclocking worried me, after getting the card i was impressed :)

18. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your fast reply's, I like that. ;)
    I know it got very good reviews but when you search for gigabyte so problems and msi tf III problems, the tf III seems to win with ease... All the gigabyte cards seems to have a lot of bad ones...
    The so gets 20MHz higher oc's, costs €20 more, and has a better pcb. I don't know, I read that gigabyte wouldn't answer support but at newegg they posted comments unther complaints. I think the one that said that they don't answer screamed/cursed them or something in his mail/call. But if I buy 2 for SLI I don't want problems. I think you understand that. ;) I have a very bad card now from ati, and I don't want a bad buy again.
    Maybe it was only a manufacturing issue that a few cards got. Can you update the bios of your gigabyte card or is it not possible with gpu's? If you can potential bios problems will be gone for sure. Aside of that people like more complaining than recommending something. :rolleyes:

19. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    you can update them, get the MSI i think it is better in SLI

20. GoGoris New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, I'll see tomorrow. But I think it's even. The only difference is price :) (and maybe faillure rate and a little noise)
    I'll never be capable of oc it to max in sli at normal sound levels though.

This convinced me to buy the msi http://www.hardware.fr/articles/840-7/gigabyte-gtx-580-soc-test.html
    Thermographie infrarouge ==> en charge
    Shows bad VRM cooling + user reviews Newegg + everyone says msi is good + msi cheaper
    Thanks anyway, it was worth considering.

Everyone thanks! I found out that this is the best forum ever! I posted the same question on other forums but the only thing I got was:
    -For silence use headphones
    -try to unlock 6950, if you have luck it works for both sli cards (a lot of luck)
    -all cards are loud when oc'ing
    I you understand this answers don't really helped me. :(
    So from now on, I'll use this awesome forum :respect:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  21. lkkgg72200812 New Member

Thanks Received: