• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Wii Replacement Discs Expected in February

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Replacement discs for the Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock should begin shipping in Feburary. "The game has been approved by Nintendo and is currently in manufacturing," publisher Activision wrote in an e-mail to those who had registered for a replacement disc. "We expect to have the replacement discs available in February." After the game released in late October, it came to light that the Vicarious Visions-developed Wii edition of Neversoft's Guitar Hero III outputted songs in mono, though all other versions of the game were unaffected. Activision later acknowledged the issue and announced that it would provide replacement discs. To register for a new disc, consumers are urged to visit ActivisionGameExchange or call (866) 780-8286 between 8:00am-8:00pm EST, Monday-Friday.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

hacker111

Wow I have all three Guitar Heros and I had a problem too. When I got the first one the wirless reciever on teh guitar was messed up and so I returned it as usual. Then this one has a bug in it and the game doesn't work! Then I got one more and that one finally worked. So I am not suprised that there is a huge issue with the htird Guitar Hero. It's really sad that they have to make new disks now for the WII right after they reached the $1 billion mark on there sales.

P.S-Do you think you can beat me at it? 5 stars on every song on expert and 4 stars on Through the Fire and Flames-But just barely 91%...