1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Half-life 2 Issues, crashes, need help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Xazax, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Im totally P-O right now i really want to run through Half-life 2 and ESP1/2 But for the love of dear jesus monkey balls i cant seem to get it to stop crashing!!!!

Played Half life 2 for 5-6 mins then saved and left for dinner, when i try to reload it it just gives me an error "HL 2 has stop responding and needs to close" every single time i try to load the game. I was using 182.50 so i try a different Nvidia driver, 185.85 still same issues, so i go back to 182.50 and if i start the game from the C Drive directly from the folder(not the desktop short-cut) it actually loads but was extremely choppy.

So i go on to try ESP1 which opens and was playing fine, until it started freaking out and the textures got all wierd.

So i give up and start playing some other games.

Well i try again this time installing 185.85 drivers AGAIN, and low and behold magically HL 2 opens up and works normal i play the game and have no issues for one hour then while doing the hover-car mission, the game again crashes to desktop giving me the same error, now no matter what driver i choose, what i do it just imminently crashes to desktop.

Giving up.. again... i decided just to play HL 2 ESP1 on 182.06 drivers it worked just fine, played the whole game almost until the very end when i reach the train yard and getting the survivors out then again the damn game crashes to desktop!

I Just don't get what is causing HL 2 to crash continually upon start-up and ESP 1 to crash randomly.. i've tried different drivers etc, closing programs, im just so lost.

Every other game works fine, Empire total war i played for 3 hours STRAIGHT non-stop and no crashes or glitches, BF2, and supreme commander no issues, no crashing, WaW runs fine and doesnt crash either......

Also on a side note, Crysis Warhead seems to randomly crash as well it runs great and all but just freezes up... and screen goes black.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  2. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Have you got HL2 from steam? If yes, de-install and reinstall. I had that very same issue. Reinstall solved it for me. Just make sure you save your savegames. Also, on the game properties, go to launch options and type "-32bit", the 64bit-mode seems to be unstalbe.

Edit: See my thread on that similar issue
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=92432

Xazax says thanks.
  3. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Thanks that seems to have solved all these stupid issues!