• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Handy software for reverse stereo in Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
My front panel audio has the wrong signal to left and right, so i have had to not use it for a while until i found 1 solution online and i am today going to paste it here for others.

It works 100% legit and perfect with no obvious changes or software running.

• Download Equalizer APO from https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
  • Configure it to attach to your output device (Usually something like: "Speakers - VIA HD Audio" or "Speakers - Realtek HD Audio"); you can change this later with the "Configurator" tool from the Equalizer APO start menu folder
  • Create a new file in C:\Program Files\EqualizerAPO\config, name it for example swapchannels.txt
  • Paste the following line into it as its only content:
    Copy: L=R R=L
  • Save it
  • Open Equalizer APO's configuration editor
  • Make sure that your device is the correct one in the dropdown menu on the top right
  • If applicable, remove all pre-configured options by clicking the red "minus" icon (or, if shown, the button with two arrows pointing downwards, then "Remove")
  • Click the green "plus" icon to add a new configuration for your output device, then navigate to the "Include configuration file" option
  • Select your swapchannels.txt file
  • Save/Apply the configuration
  • VoilĂ !
tl;dr:
Install and configure EqualizerAPO for your output device with only one configuration file that has only

Copy: L=R R=L as its content.

Hope this helps!

Original solution courtesy of EdRoxter from sevenforums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/153182-swap-left-right-audio-channels.html

I used it on Windows 10 x64 PRO

MrGavin

Thanks for posting Recon, I had an issue connection my Turtle Beach XO7s for Xbox to my PC via a splitter where left and right channels were swapped through either front or back audio input jacks. Maybe wiring of the splitter is mapped to a different configuration of Left/Right/Mic on the output jack of the XO7s (ie picking up Right/Left/Mic). I saw someone had the same issue with a pair of high end sennheisers. Anyway, this neat little app fixed the issue in five minutes, now Left is Left and Right is Right on my headphones. I should also say that I am not very tech savvy, particularly on PC, so although there is a few steps, don't freak out, its very simple. Cheers....!

Status
Not open for further replies.