• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][US] Hard drives

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
It's not quite WTB, more like a charity case - but whatever.

Anyways, a while ago my awesome WD 320GB hard drive started having issues (it seems to want to take smoke breaks every now and again) and Windows wouldn't deal with that kind of crap so I was forced to put Windows on the IBM 40GB hard drive I have now, and then I borrowed an almost-40 GB Quantum Fireball (from sometime in the stone age) so I could at least use some of my more commonly used files - but apparently that was not to be and the Quantum refuses to let my motherboard recognize it, then a few days later Windows bit the dust due to some driver issue and I couldn't get it to come back from the grave. So I put Linux Mint 10 on a flash drive. Since then I've resized the NTFS partition and Linux Mint 10 is happily installed on the IBM. I should clarify that the WD 320GB does work and I can still access my files, but nothing will boot off of it and it takes minute-or-two long breaks whenever it wants to, so I don't plug it in except when I really need to.

Anyways I'm not quite flat broke currently (I have a whole $19.01 in my wallet), but I don't have a bank account (I was flat broke for too long it seems) or a credit card or a paypal account. So, charity.

So now I'm in desperate need of space to put all my files in and if you have any old hard drives laying around that you aren't using, and you expect them to be able to run for a little bit I'd be grateful.

Heatware
239 2 4
System Name Xazax
Processor 6700k
Motherboard ASrock Fatal1ty z170
Cooling H240X
Memory 16GB DDR4 2800mhz
Video Card(s) Gtx 980ti
Storage 1TB Mushkin
Display(s) ASUS PG27 G-sync
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35
Power Supply Corsair 1500w Digital
Keyboard Patriot Viper
Software Windows 10
Where are you located im willing to give you a 1TB for free

Heatware
1 0 0
Processor Xeon x5650
Motherboard SABERTOOTH X58
Cooling Fans
Memory 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) GTX 1060 3GB
Storage small ssd
Display(s) Dell 2001F, BenQ short throw
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply X750
Software Mint 19.3, Win 10
Benchmark Scores not so fast...
He's in OR. And if you wanna come over the mountain, I'll give you a 500 GB.