1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hardware for Diablo 2 LOD

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by error_f0rce, Jul 24, 2007.

1. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, Diablo 2 LOD is running super choppy on my second PC, which is old and out of date.

Intel Celeron 2.8GHz
    SOYO motherboard w/ AGPx4
    Radeon 9250 128mb AGPx8 240clock/200mem
    generic 512mb pc333 DDR

I think Diablo 2 LOD should run fine on this rig, but for some reason it's uber choppy when you get more than 3 people on the screen at once.

Thoughts? What component replacement do you think I would benefit most from?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    None, it's most likely a software issue. I used to play it fine on my Celeron 633 back in the days. Also try running in software mode, it runs way better on some videocards.

error_f0rce says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. balls New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, the system requirements for Diablo are next to nothing; 233 MHz Pentium or better, 32MB RAM, DirectX compatible video card. It's most definitely not the requirements. Since Diablo is an older game, Blizzard isn't using as high quality servers as it was, and that c ould affect it (doubt it, but possible). Hope this helps.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    I remember playing that game on a 500 celeron with integrated video, so yeah it should be able to play it. Try updating drivers or something to see if that helps

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Dan! I ran the video test again, and instead of selecting the 3D option, I selected 2D (is that software mode?) and now it runs great!

:toast:

10 Year Member at TPU