• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Have you seen/read this article??

System Name Something Esoteric
Processor Intel i7 7700K @ 5GHz (2021 delid by Silicon Lottery)
Motherboard ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC
Storage 480GB SanDisk Extreme Pro / 1TB WD SN750 NVMe / 2 x 8TB Seagate Ironwolf NAS
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF IPS + BenQ V2400W 16:10 LCD (https://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1315565)
Case Fractal Define R5 Windowless
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX, Samsung Buds2 Pro, SteelSeries Siberia 800
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6
Software Win10 Pro x64
Hey guys, I'm just looking for an Internet benchmark I think I was directed to from TPU that a History search hasn't pointed me back to.

The benchmark article was essentially a performance comparison between launch day/first WHQL drivers for I believe Nvidia's GTX 580 and launch day/first WHQL drivers for an AMD 6970 to their modern day "latest drivers" counterparts. The point of the article was to show what gains each company had squeezed out of their drivers over a year of optimization and improvement. If I'm remembering it correctly, it showed AMD making impressive improvements while Nvidia mostly languished with <10fps increases.

Does anyone remember having read this article? If so, could you search your bookmarks or history or whatever and provide me the link?

Thanks and cheers.