• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Having a hard time figuring out what to download from here, please help?

xkalibrex

Hi all,

I want to start by saying that I appreciate the forum and the work that's being done here.

I just got a new ASRock Z690 motherboard and installed everything, and when I opened Realtek Audio Console I was sad to see that the Equalizer settings and all those other advanced options are gone.

I guess we're supposed to just take Nahimic and like it? But it's so bad LOL. Its equalizer also didn't work for me, and you can't save EQ presets for different occasions and times of day anyway.

I have Win11 and the motherboard has ALC897. Can someone suggest what I should download from here to get a good driver with the fully featured Audio Console?

Much appreciated!

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I would first try whatever Asrock offers you if you haven’t already. Some OEMs have their own “control panel” that may offer more options. Outside of that there are many modded drivers available here that may get you what you’re after. I’m just a little surprised it’s using a pretty low end audio chip…

xkalibrex

I’m just a little surprised it’s using a pretty low end audio chip…

Well ASrock is good at cutting costs. I love their boards and this is my 3rd from them in a row, but they probably use lower end audio chips than everyone else in order to save money.

Anyway I installed the AAFOptimusDHCAudioPack and I'm happy af. Fully functional Audio Console is back!