• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Having constant red Edp other in all columns

secyo

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG
Also Cpu usage doesn't exceed 37%

secyo

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.16299
HP ProBook 430 G3
x64-based PC
System SKU T6R26ES#AB8
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Manufacturer
Intel
Speed
2.8 GHz
Number of Cores
CPU ID
BFEBFBFF000406E3
Family
Model
4E
Stepping
BIOS ver&date HP N78 Ver. 01.51, 19.10.2020
SMBIOS version 2.7
Embedded controller ver 64.115
BIOS mode Legacy
RAM 8,00 GB

Video Card
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520

Chipset
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
Dedicated Memory
128 MB
Total Memory
5.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version
Vertex Shader Version
Hardware T & L
Yes
Vendor ID

I dont get pl1 error r'ght now but others are still same.Some says you need to increase volt in XTU but I cant change core voltage it is grey

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@secyo - Where are the rest of your ThrottleStop screenshots? Seeing the TPL and FIVR windows would help me to help you.

In the TPL window, try increasing the PP0 Current Limit to a big number like 256. In the FIVR window, try increasing the IccMax values to 255.75. You cannot adjust IccMax if you CPU is locked. Does ThrottleStop shows this?

Cpu usage doesn't exceed 37%
Does ThrottleStop show that number when running a 4 Thread TS Bench test or is that what the Task Manager is reporting? The Task Manager Utilization data is a number based on what speed your CPU is running at compared to your CPU's base frequency.

900 MHz / 2300 MHz = 39% -2% for Windows rounding error = 37%

ThrottleStop should show 100.0% in the C0 state during a stress test.

secyo

TPL.PNG
FIVR.PNG

I also remember locking pp0 by checking lock by myself

Right now I have resetted my laptop. Task manager shows 0.89 gHz . Didn't even started Throttlestop yet.

I opened it and made following settings : Disable Turbo , BD PROCHOT and C1E UNCHECKED, speedshift checked and set to 0 SST. Didn't touch the multiplier.

DIDN'T touch the FIVR AND TPL
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Right now running a TS BENCH

snip.PNG

768M test.PNG

have done 96M test before and right now running a 768M

Result is 1091

Task Manager doesn't exceed 0.89 and %37 utilization.

Right now I am getting 0.95 gHz after playing with secure boot enable-disable.
Realised that my FID results are going average 9.70 but when TS bench is working they are stable at 9.01

@unclewebb I wonder if trying to backdoor BIOS password would resolve the problem.
If you think yes I think of using some BIOS password generator by using system disabled code. What do you think?

Maybe I can find some detailed settings about frequency

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I wonder if trying to backdoor BIOS password would resolve the problem.
Probably not.
settings about frequency
The reason the frequency is low is because one of the power limits is set way too low. This is causing EDP OTHER throttling. EDP OTHER stands for electrical design point or other. The electrical design point is typically one of the current limits. You do not have access to the IccMax settings because these are locked in the FIVR window. The other part is not well documented in the Intel public documentation so it could be anything.

I sent you a message with one more thing you can try.

Did you try setting the PP0 Current Limit / Power Limit 4 to 256? Usually setting this to 0 will disable it but perhaps with your CPU you might need to set this to a value.