• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HDD Vendors Want Long-Term Contracts with PC Makers

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Well, it seems that the flooding in Thailand has done a lot more than destroy lives, wreck a few factories and cause HDD prices to shoot up. There appears to be a lot of opportunities for changing the terms of business too - to less favourable ones for customers of hard disc drives. First, we had the severe and unwelcome warranty reductions and now we have HDD manufacturers trying to lock branded PC makers into expensive long-term contracts, according to Digitimes. Some PC makers buy hard disk drives on a quarterly basis, at a fixed price, but now that prices have shot up and supplies restricted, HDD manufacturers are trying to coerce them into signing one year contracts at current high prices. However, it looks like it might not be such a good deal for PC makers, because the recovery in supply is continuing, with a full recovery potentially not so far away, which will of course make those prices plummet again. As it is, HDD shipments are projected to be around 140 million units in the first quarter of 2012, while the same quarter last year was 170-180 million units - so the fall isn't really that hugely less than before anyway and should become less severe as 2012 wears on.

One does get the impression that the HDD manufacturers are playing up the difficulty of restoring production volumes in order to give them a better bargaining hand. There's also the fact that recovering from the disaster is hugely expensive for them, so HDD makers will want to charge more to recoup those costs faster, motivating them to use tactics like these.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Reactions: w3b

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I say we need to get some sort of watchdog to threaten them with some manipulation or price fixing (im not sure if Antitrust fits in here...probably not as all the HDD manufacturers are in on it) lawsuits, maybe then they will stop trying to play up the disasterious effects that the floods have had on their production.

we all know the floods hit them pretty bad, but attempting to coerce the market into signing a years contract at stupidly high prices when their production is ALMOST back at full capacity is just beyond despicable.

their like some footballer that tripped over their own two big feet and deliberately cry foul to try get one of the opposing team penalised then holding his leg and crying some more until the medics with the stretcher comes out and carry him off the field when the ref refuses to punish the opposing player.

System Name i5Panther
Processor Intel i5 760 @ 4Ghz (Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B)
Motherboard ASUS P7H55
Cooling Front: 1x140mm, Left Side: 1x140mm Right Side: 1x80mm, Rear: 120mm Top: 2x140mm, Bottom: 2x120mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DC DDR3 PC12800 @1600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 (Unlocked Shaders, 880/1375)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB 32MB/Wester Digital Caviar Green 1TB 64MB
Display(s) Iiyama E2002WS-B1 20"
Case Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (Logitech X-530 5.1)
Power Supply Corsair ModXStream Pro 700w
Software Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores P6040 - 3DMark11
They should give Neelie Kroes her old job back, so she can kick some more company but's.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
I had a feeling that the HDD manufacturers were going to exploit the flooding and make the disaster in to a profit making scheme.

I think if any business can find a reason to have price hike on something, they will take advantage of it.

as for me ... a system builder ... I just wish they made their product more reliable ... this past 2 months i have to claim harddrive that have bad sector more than 10 units ...

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Well, it seems that the flooding in Thailand has done a lot more than destroy lives, wreck a few factories and cause HDD prices to shoot up. There appears to be a lot of opportunities for changing the terms of business too - to less favourable ones for customers of hard disc drives. First, we had the severe and unwelcome warranty reductions and now we have HDD manufacturers trying to lock branded PC makers into expensive long-term contracts, according to Digitimes. Some PC makers buy hard disk drives on a quarterly basis, at a fixed price, but now that prices have shot up and supplies restricted, HDD manufacturers are trying to coerce them into signing one year contracts at current high prices. However, it looks like it might not be such a good deal for PC makers, because the recovery in supply is continuing, with a full recovery potentially not so far away, which will of course make those prices plummet again. As it is, HDD shipments are projected to be around 140 million units in the first quarter of 2012, while the same quarter last year was 170-180 million units - so the fall isn't really that hugely less than before anyway and should become less severe as 2012 wears on.

One does get the impression that the HDD manufacturers are playing up the difficulty of restoring production volumes in order to give them a better bargaining hand. There's also the fact that recovering from the disaster is hugely expensive for them, so HDD makers will want to charge more to recoup those costs faster, motivating them to use tactics like these.

A lot of manufacturing industries do this. One year contract is short. This is SOP for most industries honestly. In the apparel industry they lock in 1 year prices for cotton all the time. Some 2 years depending on the guaranteed volume. And thats a natural resource susceptible to weather.

System Name Prometheus
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
Cooling EKWB EK-240 AIO D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070Ti Ventus 3X OC 12GB
Storage WD Black SN850 1TB + 1 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Display(s) DELL U4320Q 4K + Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 4K
Case Jonsbo A4 ver1.1 SFF
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum SFX
Mouse Logitech Pro Wireless
Keyboard Vortex Race 3 75% MX Brown
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I don't see this as a bad thing or a good thing. It's just another thing.

You can think of it this way. After the industry will fully recover and prices will once again stabilise at a low level, renewing a yearly contract could also protect the PC Makers in the event of another shortage that could arise just after they sign the contract renewal.

The only problem is that prices will always continue to fall as production scales up and the technology matures, so what the PC Makers will end up losing is the small margin that they would normally gain from this continued price fall.

But it's not all dark. This will just make PC Makers buy new-ish tech (the new HDD models, instead of the old ones) and the consumer will come out on top, even if there are a few pennys extra involved.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
A lot of manufacturing industries do this. One year contract is short. This is SOP for most industries honestly. In the apparel industry they lock in 1 year prices for cotton all the time. Some 2 years depending on the guaranteed volume. And thats a natural resource susceptible to weather.

What? They do this everywhere? I don't believe you! :eek:

But seriously, the fact that this is true only makes it more unfortunate, doesn't it? :ohwell:

lashton

What? They do this everywhere? I don't believe you! :eek:

But seriously, the fact that this is true only makes it more unfortunate, doesn't it? :ohwell:

and another follod would mean that they cant jack prices up again also haha

Maybe they should start inventing new technology for a change instead of just jacking up a 50 years old tech... and move all 100 plants from one location to locations all over the world so stupid flooding scenario won't happen again. And stop playing stupid and trying to go the easy way. Maybe it's really a time for an SSD revolution. Maybe they'll start thinking a bit when that happens...

Halk

System Name Desktop PC
Processor 1090T
Motherboard Crosshair IV Forumula
Cooling Arctic Freezer 7 pro
Memory 4x2GB OCZ Reaper
Video Card(s) DirectCU 580
Storage Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) Dell 24 inch
Case Fractal Design R3
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Seasonic X 650
Software Win 7 Home Premium x64
This news item is rather poorly written, it 'feels' like a Fuzilla article.

HDD manufacturers are not all of a sudden driven to make profits, they've always tried to make profits. The article's insistence that they're suddenly trying to be nasty about things is rubbish.

There's changes happening and manufacturers are trying to make the best of the current situation that they can. That means they're negotiating with manufacturers to get the highest price they can for their product for the most profit they can. There's nothing sinister about that.

Halk

System Name Desktop PC
Processor 1090T
Memory 4x2GB OCZ Reaper
Storage Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) Dell 24 inch
Case Fractal Design R3
I say we need to get some sort of watchdog to threaten them with some manipulation or price fixing (im not sure if Antitrust fits in here...probably not as all the HDD manufacturers are in on it) lawsuits, maybe then they will stop trying to play up the disasterious effects that the floods have had on their production.

None exists. When you do find one, point them at OPEC first, ok?

we all know the floods hit them pretty bad, but attempting to coerce the market into signing a years contract at stupidly high prices when their production is ALMOST back at full capacity is just beyond despicable.
Nobody is being forced into buying, they're trying to make the maximum profit they can, that's all.

their like some footballer that tripped over their own two big feet and deliberately cry foul to try get one of the opposing team penalised then holding his leg and crying some more until the medics with the stretcher comes out and carry him off the field when the ref refuses to punish the opposing player.

That's right. They caused the floods themselves to force prices up (WTF?), and the referee (who is this?) isn't calling it a foul and the medics (who are they>) are carrying them off the field. Your explanation falls down on one technicality - it doesn't explain.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
None exists. When you do find one, point them at OPEC first, ok?

well there are loads of watchdog organisations out there already, but their main focus is things closer to home instead of global/international issues. Office Of Fair Trading anyone (And yes - I actually worked there at one point) then theres the E.U but they tend to go after bigger prey like Intel because they have more billions.

Nobody is being forced into buying, they're trying to make the maximum profit they can, that's all.

Read the OP - OEMs are being 'Coerced' Into signing on the dotted line. Coerced does not mean that the manufacturers went around to the OEMs HQ with a box of cadburys milktray, flowers & a bottle of wine to talk the director into agreeing to do business.

they are trying to make maximum profit by trying to force OEMs to sign up.

That's right. They caused the floods themselves to force prices up (WTF?), and the referee (who is this?) isn't calling it a foul and the medics (who are they>) are carrying them off the field. Your explanation falls down on one technicality - it doesn't explain.

Its true - they didnt cause the floods, but the point I was trying to make is they are playing on their injuries to try and manipulate the game. something thats happening as clear as day.

Taken from the OP as its clear you didnt read it or at least attempt to understand what was being posted:

As it is, HDD shipments are projected to be around 140 million units in the first quarter of 2012, while the same quarter last year was 170-180 million units

Production is ALMOST - and i said ALMOST back up to full capacity - this should be really really easy for them to recover from and they know it and they cant use the flood as an excuse much longer so they try to force OEMS to sign a year long contract so that even if they do get back to 100% production. the OEMs are still stuck paying the prices they agreed on at the start of the year and who wants to be stuck paying extortionate prices for hard drives for a whole year when production when production is almost back to full capacity??? No one does.

My post explains alot, its just that you fail to understand it just like you fail to understand whats going on with the market.

bottom line is - if the OEMs do sign up, we the consumers will be stuck paying well over £100 for a 1Tb hard drive that used to cost under £40 before the floods for another year & possibly more and that will also reflect on the OEMs like Dell, Alienware, CompaQ & HP who build pre-built units as they will have to keep their costs up as there are no savings to be passed on to the consumer.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Boo hoo, I can't have my cheap HDD storage anymore. :cry: Hopefully prices remain higher and the people actually making these devices are paid better.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Some of you guys have no concept of supply lines and budgeting. What these guys are doing is as normal as tying your shoes. Really this isnt a big deal. A fixed cost of overhead is what every major corporation aims for yearly. It allows them to budget their finances and investments. Without it you can kiss R&D good bye and any expansion as they would never know how much they could spend and horde every dime. That means no rasies and no new jobs.

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
Hopefully prices remain higher and the people actually making these devices are paid better.
You know that even if the prices do remain higher, it doesn't mean the guy in the production line will get more money for his/her work.
What may happen is that the manufacturer will hire more people to work for the already existing wage.
That's the whole deal about outsourcing to Asia, not having to pay all that much for labor.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Boo hoo, I can't have my cheap HDD storage anymore. :cry: Hopefully prices remain higher and the people actually making these devices are paid better.

One could only hope. I don't know what the Thailand employees get for remuneration, but I have a feeling they won't be getting a raise. And on top of that warranties got cut and we have no idea about longevity.

That said I have no problem paying a premium price for a premium product, ie if a hard drive and all the parts for it and its assembly was done in Japan by high paid skilled workers with a high level of quality control and a good 5 yr warranty I would have no problem shelling out $200 for a 1 TB drive any day of the year.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
This news item is rather poorly written, it 'feels' like a Fuzilla article.

And that's because you're some sort of authority on this and could do it better, yes? :rolleyes: Please confine comments like this to the comments section. Oh and it's spelled Fudzilla. ;)

I'm surprised that you're so naive in this respect, e. If they make fatter profits, the only people to benefit are the CEO's and shareholders, as others have said. The poorly paid staff that do all the donkey work in the factories will be told to put up and shut up and that they're lucky to have a job at all.

No, forcing these PC makers to sign such a contract is bad for them and their customers ie, us. Think about it: you wouldn't have to use coercion when you have a good offer that everyone wants, do you?

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64

And if the manufacturers raise hard drive prices, I expect them to raise the warranty period, too. Instead, they'll just rake in more cash to stuff into some fat bastards' pockets (in other words, they get the gold, and the consumers get shafted). :mad:

Halk

System Name Desktop PC
Processor 1090T
Memory 4x2GB OCZ Reaper
Storage Vertex 2 120GB
Display(s) Dell 24 inch
Case Fractal Design R3
And that's because you're some sort of authority on this and could do it better, yes? :rolleyes: Please confine comments like this to the comments section. Oh and it's spelled Fudzilla. ;)

Thanks for the typing correction. I was trying to be constructive. As for an authority? It really depends on what you mean. Do you mean economics? Then yes I am an authority on economics, although I'm not going to explain why, so you can feel free to believe me or not. I'm no journalistic authority. I probably could do better than this article if I tried... however I believe that you can (and usually) do better than this article which is the reason I posted.

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
mybe they sould make a hd factory above sea level, lets say Mount Everest?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
Thanks for the typing correction. I was trying to be constructive. As for an authority? It really depends on what you mean. Do you mean economics? Then yes I am an authority on economics, although I'm not going to explain why, so you can feel free to believe me or not. I'm no journalistic authority. I probably could do better than this article if I tried... however I believe that you can (and usually) do better than this article which is the reason I posted.

Ok, I'm not sure I completely agree with you, but I do appreciate that you intended to make your comment constructive and that's why I've clicked Thanks. :toast: (I'm a sucker for this).

And I can tell you definitively, that I'm not an authority on economics :p so it sounds like we could complement each other here. ;)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'm surprised that you're so naive in this respect, e. If they make fatter profits, the only people to benefit are the CEO's and shareholders, as others have said. The poorly paid staff that do all the donkey work in the factories will be told to put up and shut up and that they're lucky to have a job at all.

Duh, No $**t? I know exactly where the money woud go. ;) But people still need their cheap crap and don't give a damn at who gets exploited to make their cheap crap. That's my point, it's far from being naive.