• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

headphones 7.1 audio help!

lay72

hi to all, excuse for my bad english...I'm Italian...so...a few days ago I bought the turtle beach 800 7.1 headphones, which are also compatible with the PC. My specs are: win7 64, mobo asus p6t deluxe v2. I connected the headphones to the Pc via usb cable and optical cable for DTS audio. So...the problem is that I can not activate 7.1 surround and I can only use headphones in stereo mode. I have read some pages of your topic concerning the 5.1 and 7.1 surround and for what I know, my motherboard supports the soundmax drivers, not the realtek .... there is a solution? please help me ...

Anyone....please! :(

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 590 OC Special Edition
Storage Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 1TB
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q
Case Corsair Carbide 600Q
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
From your user manual:

The Elite 800 may also be used on Windows or Mac OSX computers equipped with a Dolby Digital Live (DDL) sound card using a digital optical S/PDIF output.

NOTE:
Your computer must have a sound card with Dolby Digital Live installed in order to hear DTS Headphone:X surround sound through the headset. If your computer does not have that, you will only hear enhanced stereo audio

lay72

first of all...thanks for the reply...i discovered a dolby digital .exe file for my p6t deluxe v2...i'll check....and hope....thanks!