1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Headset or Speakers suggestion for laptop?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Black Panther, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am not sure whether to go for separate speakers or for a head-set, but probably it will be the latter since they're more portable.

Sorry for the noob question but can head-sets amplify sound? If so, which ones?

The sound of my notebook isn't that bad for a notebook, but uhh well there's no comparison to the sound I get off the Z5500 :laugh:

If head-sets don't amplify, which speakers would you suggest (small & strong speakers)?

Thx!

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There are some good 5.1 headsets, some of which come with their own seperate ampification units and can reproduce decent quality surround sound but TBH you need to go for good quality otherwise the reproduction is just tinny and weak (I have a cheap pair and their crap!), here is an example of a fairly decent set..........

http://www.headphoneworld.com/p/Sha...ied_Headphones_with_Detachable_Microphone.htm

Of course, using headsets is anti-social and prevents you from knowing whats going on around you!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
    Black Panther says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU