• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HEC Group Silent 385 PSU

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
The 5V and 3.3V lines are exceptionally stable. The 12V line tends to fluctuate a bit, but stayed above 12V at all times. All lines are well within the limits set by the ATX Specification.

Show full review

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Nice transient graphs!

I wanted to give you some positive feedback -- I haven't seen transient voltage/power graphs in a PSU review before (not saying you're the first, but the first I've seen), I think it's a good idea!

One question: are you using some external voltage measuring means or the computer's built in monitoring capability? Have you calibrated the method you are using against a known accurate method?

One suggestion: Run the tests you just did, then add static loads in the appropriate amounts to bring each major voltage level (+3.3, +5, +12) to near their rated amperage limits. Re-run the tests and see if it still meets the manufacturer's specs. While the system you used draws more power than most already, this would add another level of difficulty.

Best Regards,

Ryan