1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help, any tools for frame latency other than..

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by newconroer, Jul 24, 2014.

1. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    So after moving back to AMD, I find that I am desperate for a good tool to stabilize frame latency.
    Radeon Pro does it, but with this crossfire setup currently, about 1/3 of games actually work.
    Dxtory doesn't lock to monitor, it just caps frames.
    CCC still doesn't have such a feature :<

Any others worth looking into. I'm not even interested in all the profiling, simply the vsync management.

2. Volks New Member

Thanks Received:
    how did Radeon Pro not fulfill your needs with so many options related to vsync? what are you trying to accomplish really? what type of vsync management?

3. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    It works, when it works, otherwise it doesn't get recognized by the programs/games and is useless.

BF4 and Farcry 3 it doesn't activate.
    Skyrim it doesn't activate AND causes a hung/flickering screen at the main menu when trying to load a save.

I thought it was D3D11 related, until Skyrim flaked out as well.

4. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    A driver reinstall and removing administrator flag from game shortcuts got RP working in all the games so far.
    Still would prefer a lighter utility like D3D overrider but with HZ refresh locking.

5. Slizzo

Slizzo

Thanks Received:
    You tried BF4 with Mantle? I would think that would be a better solution for that particular game?

6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I have, it doesn't really affect frame ms too much either way (although some scenarios mantle jumps around a lot).