• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help ATI HD5750 1GB Dead!

BravoFxTrt

I was using RBE and WinFlash to flash after O/C, I got the "Flash success and reboot" message, after rebooting my CCC reads- AMD HD 3300 Chip Set, and was on VGA not PCI-E. Did I kill my Card? Now my Card doesnt show up in Windows for nothing and nothing I do is working, reflash nothing. Please advise.:cry:

My Specs:
Radeon HD 5750 1GB
AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core
4GB RAM
mobo: GA-MA790GP-UD4H
WIN7 64
WD-500GB HDD

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Maybe you made a blooper in the settings for a permanent OC or you had other applications running in the back ground when using ATiWinFlash.

It is mentioned, that you should have the system running pretty much with the bare essentials when flashing with ATiWinFlash.
I would have also ran the card at stock clocks when flashing it IF you did not do all the things mentioned.

I'm pretty sure there is a way for ATiFlash to recognize the card but I can not help you there as I have not had an issue with flashing my card in ATiWinFlash.

Best of luck, otherwise, you maybe in for a GPU as a Christmas present for yourself.

BravoFxTrt

Well I dont know what went wrong as Iv done it before and I didnt do any thing different this Time. The Info or advise Im looking for is if this can be reversed and how. I am already at the mercy of "(your quote) you maybe in for a GPU as a Christmas present for yourself". kind of assistance not really based on a resolve or much help actually, on the other hand thanks for your time any way. Man isn't issue resolveing a gasssss. :)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
i've seen threads like this before, someone figured out that by cutting/desoldering a pin on the BIOS chip, they could force it to be recognised and reflash it.

you'll have to hunt up the thread, as i just skimmed it and cant remember enough details to find it.

BravoFxTrt

You have joggled a memory, yes I believe so in my faint memory something of the sort, Ill scan through old posts maybe find something. Thanks man.

mediasorcerer

System Name THE MEDIAMACHINE
Processor i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus gene v z-77 matx.
Cooling Antec h20 620
Memory 2x4gb g.skill ripjaws z 2400
Video Card(s) h.i.s radeon 7950 reference 3 gb- hooray!!!
Storage samsung 128gb~830 ssd. samsung 500gb hdrive.
Display(s) 22 inch tele.
Case circa 1996 grey rat box with no sides front.until my own is finished
Audio Device(s) inbuilt creative.supreme effects 3
Power Supply thermaltake tt-500w
Software win 7 x64-
Benchmark Scores Coming soon
hi mate, there is a bios hard mod to connect pin 2 to pin 8 on a transistor on the back of card[far as i can remember tho] as mussels kindly remarked, its a job for google to find it, ive seen it b4.'somewhere"

You may be able to download your cards bios from the collection of bios here and reflash,
have you got another gpu or igpu to use to do that?

There are ways to recover bios, dont loose hope just yet!-poor fella.

BravoFxTrt

I dont have another to try. I dont have a USB Flash drive either. I am researching many web sites. Hope is all I have. Thanks guys Ill double back here to check. Thanks again.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
I dont have another to try. I dont have a USB Flash drive either. I am researching many web sites. Hope is all I have. Thanks guys Ill double back here to check. Thanks again.

that boggles my mind. how you know enough about computers to BIOS flash a video card, but dont own a simple USB flash drive :twitch:

you really will need the USB drive (good thing they're cheap) and you will need another video card of some sort, or you wont have an image on screen to know what you're doing with the re-flash

BravoFxTrt

lol, go figure. Mussels, cant get nothing past you. Im always telling others to get a Flash stick, but me, crazy, and should be flogged for not owning one. Any takers lol. jk.
presently trying to find friends who have what I need. Thanks Dude. :)

mediasorcerer

System Name THE MEDIAMACHINE
Processor i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus gene v z-77 matx.
Cooling Antec h20 620
Memory 2x4gb g.skill ripjaws z 2400
Video Card(s) h.i.s radeon 7950 reference 3 gb- hooray!!!
Storage samsung 128gb~830 ssd. samsung 500gb hdrive.
Display(s) 22 inch tele.
Case circa 1996 grey rat box with no sides front.until my own is finished
Audio Device(s) inbuilt creative.supreme effects 3
Power Supply thermaltake tt-500w
Software win 7 x64-
Benchmark Scores Coming soon
lol, go figure. Mussels, cant get nothing past you. Im always telling others to get a Flash stick, but me, crazy, and should be flogged for not owning one. Any takers lol. jk.
presently trying to find friends who have what I need. Thanks Dude. :)

If i was near you id easily give you one, got heaps, but im in aus, be more to post than if u buy one local lol.

BravoFxTrt

Hey I do appreciate the offer, however never been there Id like the trip to get one if $$$$ lol.
, and enjoy seeing your Country. Im in Texas. :)

HOMERLVSBEER

how did things go with your gpu. i used winflash last night i used a bios almost identicle to mine. and it flashed ok just like yours and rebooted. then my pc wouldnt post. i am so guttered. is it true you can just use a pc that has onboard graphics also. going to be hard to find a mate who has 2 pci slots. ive figured out how to make a usb flash drive bootable and put my bios on there but because i have no video i cant even do a blind flash cause my pc wont start without any vid image. even when i tell it not to halt on errors. still halts. so guttered. hope that when i get it on a pc with onboard graphics i can use winflash to reflash the original bios back on there. i hope. did you get yours fixed ? i havnt had my hd5870 long. :( any1 got any tips

System Name GaMEr / HTPC
Processor FX8320 4.5ghz so far NB- 2815mhz / X2 255 @ 3.2ghz (Temp till BD)
Motherboard 990FX-UD5 / GA-MA785GPMT-US2H
Cooling XSPC - 240rad 480rad 5 x 120mm out, 6 x 80mm in / H220-edge 1/2" & 2 x 120mm Magma
Memory 4gb PI 6,8,6,18 1T 1706mhz / 4gb Crucial D9's 1400 @ 6,6,6,18,1T
Video Card(s) 3gb HD7950 / Onboard
Storage 2 x 120gb Sandisk ultra plus 2tb WD / 60gb vertex 2 + 2 x 2tb WD Greens
Display(s) 3x24in Dell Ultra (portrait) / NEC 32" FullHD LCD
Case LL PC71A Full tower / Antec fusion black with Imon remote Modded for WC
Audio Device(s) OB / Auzentech cinema 7.1
Power Supply TT 700w TR2 / TT 600w Litepower modded with Noctua S12 fan.
Software 7 Ult / 7 premium x64
You are seriously the first person I have known in yrs that does not own at least 1 usb stick... lol. They give the damn things away, I even throw away the 1gb ones when I get em coz they are useless.. :)

If you were in Aussie I would send you one man!! gl with the flash. :toast:

BravoFxTrt

Sorry but Iv never had a use for them until i bricked my damn card. I have realised the importance of them. BTW I have one now.
I have tried just about any way to try to re flash my card but to no avail. I havnt tried the bios hard mod to connect pin 2 to pin 8 on a transistor on the back of card yet. I suppose thats next when I find the article /google. :(

Last edited:

HOMERLVSBEER

fixed mine

i managed to fix mine. i used an old vga card just so i could get video. into one of the pci slots. making it possible for me to use aq computer that didnt have onboard graphics or a second pci express 16x slot. just using an old graphics card did the trick. and made the falsh very easy for me. i flashed back the original bios. fsirst time i booted back up i had no video. but second time it came back. had to install drivers 2 times for some reason. but everything came back to normal. i used winflash to flash back again. making sure nothign else was running in windows. leaving just the essencial things i needed plugged in.

BravoFxTrt

Awesome, good going.
My problem is not having the resources to properly re flash mine. I have a friend that has a PC but its far away so waiting on the time she gets to bring it for me to use.

HOMERLVSBEER

hi

hi. thanksi was impressed with myself. lol. its not so bad really.
it is more striaght forward using winflash. ive never really done alot of programming. stuff. long time ago i got a zxspectrum to put my name on the screen and wave it about.. that was a long time ago and really my friend showed me how to do that. and some other little things.
it doesnt look too bad thou doss. and as long as you have the right commands. your ok i suppose. anyways happy xmas all. I hope you get your card sorted out. all the best.:toast:

BravoFxTrt

Still havnt found another video card to try reflash yet, still looking. :-(

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Extreme 6
Cooling Thermalright Venemous X
Memory 2 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 480
Storage A-Data 128GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) HANNspree 25" 1080p 2ms
Case Lian Li PC-9F
Audio Device(s) Creative XFI
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 750w
Software Win 7 pro x64
Bravo, go to your local PC shop and you should be able to find some sort of older PCI or PCIe video card for really cheap, like $20. What board do you have? More importantly, how many pcie slots do you have?

BravoFxTrt

I have 2 pci-e slots. I just need to get the $$ to buy an old or a pci card.

XFX Radeon HD 5750 1GB
AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core
4GB RAM
mobo: GA-MA790GP-UD4H
WIN7 64
WD-500GB HDD

Last edited: