• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP! CONNECT 3D Radeon 9600 non-pro problems...

madox

Ok iam not that stupid noob that doesnt understand anything. The GPU on this card is pretty cool. The samsung ram sucks with 5ns.

The Card owned a passive cooler that sucked enormous. 1h 3dmark03 and the card was hot as hell
thats normal? Found some tests where its ok for the testers (even in summer) but not for me etc

Hrm so i first buyed a Artic Silencer. Packed sayd for all radeon 9600 se/pro/xt

Ok..it wont run with a NON-PRO that i found out because those bastards set some transistors real badly, the fan lift up from the card and didnt fit with the gpu. Runned back with card to the store and the techs where really surprised haha ..everyone told me thats really idiotic, anyway...

Changed it to a 3euro cheaper Artic VGA Silencer Rev3....Doesnt fits perfect. Some modifications of the metal where the vga-out is located where needed and the fan is connected directly to the mainboard. Now its all perfect.

Testrun with 3dmark03. Nice its cold now..but nooo the ram is hot as hell now..crazy
So i buyed some Revoltec passive Ram cooler and installed em..yea backside of card all fine
but not enough space where the Silencer is on :/. Some modifications where needed
and the cooler are cutted now to fit perfect. There only 2-3 little chips beside the ram that are very hot now...and i wont buy more shit for this card...dam iam not able to cool it really down haha.

Anyway used Ati-Tool to check out if its possible to do some overclocking....
Not really.. haha why?! When the card is cold it sets down the ram and gpu core (LOL) and thats really unfunny...when the card runs 30mins with 3dmark03 its possible to overclock. WHY?? Does the chips need a running temp for optimal performance??? Dunno

378/230 -> 372/220 (stable) ...omg i was sure that the card is better then the pro version instead the slow ram. It sucks really ...is the card ok or fucked up? What are my mistakes? Why isnt it possible to overclock the GPU to 400 and left ram at 204mhz? I only can overclock the GPU when
i overclock the ram...dam anyway need some infos or help of some oc profis those setting are not normal or the card is destroyed i dont have a clue..

It looks like a monster (silencer;ramcooler(back/front) in my pc and should act like monster heheh

Sorry for my bad english...hope for some hints

thanx a lot

madox

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
hmm I thought I had posted a response to this
Okay well 5ns RAM is rated for 200Mhz so 220 might be all your gonna get out of it as far as the core goes it will easily push 400 Mhz especially with the extra cooling. you will see more gains in pushing the Core anyway IMO

madox

thanx..ok 220 ...but the last sentence i cant translate ;) 400 isnt possible and i dunno why...
ati.tool sucks around with the maxcore etc it always creates errors. :// dunno why the cooling
is nice and 400 shoudnt be the problem. I tested out that its really relevant what temperature the chip got if i want to overclock it. if it doesnt run for some mins in this temp it creates errors..why??
a lil bit strange hope that the chip isnt fucked up ;)