• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP!!! Driver for GTX 1050 Type A MXM NEEDED!!! Or Some Dang Good Knowledge!!

HappyOne

Hey Bots and Buds

I just got myself a GTX 1050 4GB Type-A MXM for a little custom build I'm working on which is an HP Elite 8300 USDT which I have already maxed out with 16GB of Samsung Ram and an Intel 3770K CPU, (That's the MAX for this MOBO).
Now here's my problem. I have 2 of these machines and I'm running an AMD Firepro M5100 4GB Type-A on one with no problems other than typical cooling issues (which I'm currently awaiting my custom water sink).
On my other rig I want to install the GTX 1050 MXM but can't find the appropriate driver for it!! I'm also running a 210watt power supply which handles the M5100 no probs! I've also read that a 1050 would work on this desktop. Here's the article:
Does anyone have some positive knowledge on finding the right driver, or for actually getting this mini-mach-ine working!! It would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• GTX1050.jpg
    GTX1050.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 142

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hey Bots and Buds

I just got myself a GTX 1050 4GB Type-A MXM for a little custom build I'm working on which is an HP Elite 8300 USDT which I have already maxed out with 16GB of Samsung Ram and an Intel 3770K CPU, (That's the MAX for this MOBO).
Now here's my problem. I have 2 of these machines and I'm running an AMD Firepro M5100 4GB Type-A on one with no problems other than typical cooling issues (which I'm currently awaiting my custom water sink).
On my other rig I want to install the GTX 1050 MXM but can't find the appropriate driver for it!! I'm also running a 210watt power supply which handles the M5100 no probs! I've also read that a 1050 would work on this desktop. Here's the article:
Does anyone have some positive knowledge on finding the right driver, or for actually getting this mini-mach-ine working!! It would be greatly appreciated!!

Drivers are found on Nvidia.com or AMD.com or Intel.com.

Unless if you mean a bios

Your link shows
The page you are trying to access was not found. Please check your URL for typos and try again.
Maybe there’s some useful information in there can you check if it’s working,?

as for the gpu if Hp is not providing the drivers you’ll have to try other mxm 1050 drivers and hope they’ll work like msi GT series , Clevo , etc ... looks for laptop with mxm gtx 1050 and kept trying, if doesn’t work DDU and repeat.

The method that will likely work and is slightly better is the .INF Modd: