• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help for recovering a formatting mistake please.

System Name Leviathan
Processor i5 4690
Motherboard H81M-P33
Cooling COOLER MASTER HYPER TX3 EVO
Memory 12GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition
Storage WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200Rpm 64mb
Display(s) LG 21"
Case Zalman Z3plus
Power Supply Corsair VS650
Mouse Razer Chroma
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software Win10 64bit
Hello. During a system format I deleted the drive partition which was being used as system and also deleted the extra partitions which was created automatically by system, you know, the 100mb one. And after that, intead of creating a new partition from the deleted ones, I directly clicked "next" and that resulted with no extra system files cuz windows decided use my second hdd, I use that hdd for storage but now windows thinks its system partition and I no longer can acces it nor see it. Any suggestions?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
That 100Mb partition is the EFI partition that tells your motherboard's UEFI implementation how to boot into various operating systems. Any machine booting via UEFI has one of these, including my Linux installation. If you deleted it, that's rather unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world. What you need to do is to boot from the Windows 10 installer and choose the "Repair your computer" option. Just choose automatic repair and it should detect that the partition is missing and it should regenerate it. When it's done, all you should have to do is restart the machine.

Before you do this though, if you want the EFI partition on the other disk and not your storage disk, I suggest altering the boot order of your hard drives so your system disk is the first in the list.

System Name SloMo
Processor G4560
Motherboard MSi H110-PRO-D
Cooling LC-CC-95 @ Arctic Cooling fan
Memory 2X Crucial DDR4 2400 4GB
Video Card(s) Integrated HD 610
Storage WD 500 GB + Seagate 500 GB + Toshiba 3 TB
Display(s) Lenovo D221
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) Manhattan Flex BT Headphones, Encore P-801 stereo speakers
Power Supply Corsair CX450M
Mouse microsoft office mouse
Keyboard Modecom mc-800m
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores gorstak @ hwbot.org
I would suggest you unplug the drive first, physically, just the data cable...the system will then either crash, or rebuild on old partition, but you can fix that with what dude above me told you...then plug in the drive back and use some tool to recover data from your drive, but I don't really want to suggest any, as I don't have much exp in that field....maybe better wait for some other members...I think the rescue might not even be needed, if the second drive wasn't formated, but if os now uses system and recovery and efi partititons on your main drive, you should be able to simply delete the ones created on second drive through disk management tool...