• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help getting GPU Bios to work with drivers

Aphex

Hello everyone.

I need some help with a fake GTX 1050ti.

I have two if these which turned out to be GTS 450's. I used a bios from this Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra0T0j5KoAc) which seemed to work fine on a Windows XP PC after forcing the driver to install.

The problem i'm having is when trying to install on a Windows 7 PC.

The nVidia software will not detect the GPU saying no compatible unit is installed. I have tried to force the driver install in device manager, however it states the drivers are not compatible with the version of windows i have :(

I have attempted to use many other biops verisons on this site incase any of them would help, however none are stable and give me artefacts on the boot screen and in windows.

I have attached the bios file (which is also linked in the video above) to see if someone might be able to help figure out why this is happening.

It would be a shame to end up throwing away this card if I know the bios works in XP, It must be able to work in Windows 7 too.

Attachments

• GTS450-restore-mod.zip
    44 KB · Views: 100
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Pictures of the die clearly showing part numbers, as well as of the memory chip's part numbers would be beneficial in helping you obtain the correct BIOS.