• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme 11G

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard Asus Strix B650E-E Gaming WiFi
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Memory 2xKingston DDR5 2x16GB (Hynix M die)@6000 CL26-35-35-27
Video Card(s) Gainward Phantom 4090 (@2.82GHz .95V UV, 350W PL)
Storage WD Black SN850X
Display(s) LG OLED C1 48"
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
That log seems fine, but I would log for more than 2 minutes if possible, to allow the card to heat up fully. Also, if COD is a problem, try getting a log for that. We need to see what happens with the card when it is running bad :)

malefiC

That log seems fine, but I would log for more than 2 minutes if possible, to allow the card to heat up fully. Also, if COD is a problem, try getting a log for that. We need to see what happens with the card when it is running bad :)
Thank you for trying to help me bro.. Look , here i attached a GPU-Z LOG , 2-3 minutes runing CSGO , cause in CSGO is the same as COD , couldn't make benchmark on CODWARZONE cause now is stucking on loading screen... Anyways , CSGO is having same issue ... i don't understand this Computer .. PUBG is running perfect..

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 110
System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
Hmm...still very little information to go by, but my first reaction is that the GPU clock seems high for the amount of voltage it's getting. I see it all the way up to 2037MHz@1.0630V in your last log. I don't know your particular 1080ti model, but that seems high for stock clocks? My Palit 1080ti would barely break 1925MHz with stock cooling and BIOS. Is it overclocked? What happens if you run MSI Afterburner, and underclock your card by say 100MHz? (-100 on the Core Clock slider) If it's running stock, it wouldn't be the first time a factory overclock fails...

Processor AMD Ryzen R7 5800x
Motherboard B550i Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Custom Cooling
Memory 32Gb Patriot Viper 3600 RGB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ventus Trio OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO
Display(s) Specterpro 34uw100
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Power Supply Cooler Master V750 Gold SFX
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Looks like one of the sensors went bad. Are the fans spining?

Just curious, can you physically check if the heatpipes got busted or if the heatsink is hot to the touch when you run a game?

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
What sensor is bad? I don't see it, even put my glasses on :ohwell:

EDIT: kinda odd that it's at 100% GPU util and only pulling 100W? (40% of its power budget) Or is it just the way CSGO runs?

malefiC

on my last log i was running CSGO , and it runs only at 60-70 fps , so , is in middle.. idk why , is luck stuck .. but pubg is fine .. i have all settings in ULTRA , FULL HD and i get 140+ FPS ... PUBG works very well .. but how is possible ???? can you explain how this GPU put CSGO and WARZONE to run like that???? other games are OK ..

also , FANS are running .. all 3 , BTW it's a GTX 1080 AORUS Xtreme .. so what you recomend me ?
Is easier if i give you guys teamviewer ??? maybe you can see better .. i'm noob at OC stuff and solving problems like that ..

System Name Sancho
Processor Ryzen 9 3950x
Motherboard asrock x570 phantom gaming-itx tb3
Cooling XSPC 120, XSPC 240x120 ,cpu Cooler master
Memory 2x16Gb crucial ct16g4xfd8266
Video Card(s) Palit 2080ti Gaming Pro OC
Storage SSD 1 Tb WD, m.2 256 Gb Samsung
Display(s) Sony 65" 4K
Case Dan a4
Audio Device(s) no
Power Supply Corsair 750 Platinum
Mouse no
Keyboard no
Software Win 10 pro
Benchmark Scores 3DMark 14645
100 watts at 100 percent load is absurd. I see two reasons: when dismantling the cooling system, the graphic chip was soldered off (replacing or re-soldering the chip), or you have a problem with additional power supply for the 8 + 8 video card (check). There are no other options.

1587076380150.png

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
Yes, I just tried the built in render test in GPU-Z, and GPU load is around 98% and my 1080ti is pulling 170W even in that basic test, no way CSGO only pulls 100W at 100% GPU load. So is the current sense circuitry broken? Was this card ever shunt modded malefiC? shunt mod is the practice of "painting" liquid metal (one method at least) on the current sense resistors to lower the electrical resistance of the resistor to fool the card into thinking it has more left on the power budget, it was a popular mod for a while. This might be the reason your clocks are a little high too. The problem is that the liquid metal will destroy the solder points on those resistors, and given enough time, they will most likely fail.

I would try under clocking at this point, install MSI Afterburner, and adjust Core Clock to -100 or even -200. It won't fix the under reporting of the current, but will put the core clock at a more reasonable level, and might allow you to play your games again. But nothing of this explains why some your games are running slower, crash I would understand?!?

Here my summary of that log; core is running at ~2025MHz@1.062V, temps in the low 40's, GPU load is at 100%, but it only pulls 100Watts and under these circumstances CSGO runs slow at only 60-70FPS? What is going on here?

EDIT: the only other mechanism that I know of (apart from throttling dialing down core clock and gpu voltage) that can hinder performance of these cards, is the VRAM error correction, but I didn't think it was to this extent?

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
Yes, I just tried the built in render test in GPU-Z, and GPU load is around 98% and my 1080ti is pulling 170W even in that basic test, no way CSGO only pulls 100W at 100% GPU load. So is the current sense circuitry broken? Was this card ever shunt modded malefiC? shunt mod is the practice of "painting" liquid metal (one method at least) on the current sense resistors to lower the electrical resistance of the resistor to fool the card into thinking it has more left on the power budget, it was a popular mod for a while. This might be the reason your clocks are a little high too. The problem is that the liquid metal will destroy the solder points on those resistors, and given enough time, they will most likely fail.

I would try under clocking at this point, install MSI Afterburner, and adjust Core Clock to -100 or even -200. It won't fix the under reporting of the current, but will put the core clock at a more reasonable level, and might allow you to play your games again. But nothing of this explains why some your games are running slower, crash I would understand?!?

Here my summary of that log; core is running at ~2025MHz@1.062V, temps in the low 40's, GPU load is at 100%, but it only pulls 100Watts and under these circumstances CSGO runs slow at only 60-70FPS? What is going on here?

EDIT: the only other mechanism that I know of (apart from throttling dialing down core clock and gpu voltage) that can hinder performance of these cards, is the VRAM error correction, but I didn't think it was to this extent?

More likely the card is staying in 2D mode or not going to full 3D mode for some reason.

malefiC

is basurd , because PUBG is working fine. So , let me tell you from start what happened:
My GPU was fine , in any game , i could play anything .. but when COD WARZONE was released , i downloaded it , i started to play and i saw that is crashing , then i saw that the game has option to show GPU Degree , and i observed that my GPU was running around 80 degree when playing COD:W , and after playing 1h+ was hitting 90 degree and my game stopped .. whenever my gpu reached 90 degree , it stopped.. then one of my friend put me to change the termal paste , and i ordered from internet MX-4 , and i put the termal paste ... ( i mention that my GPU doesn't need to remove FAN's to put termal paste , i had just 6 screews then it splits apart in two pieces ..) , and after i've done putting termal paste , i put my gpu back , and i started PC , then suddently my Warzone asn't working anymore... But the question is how is possible to work on PUBG??? i don't know ... Also , this GPU i bought from one friend , was second hand , but he told me is fine , he didn't used it for mining or smth ..

what can i do to make easier for you guys to detect the issue? If it helps , and if tou would like to help me , i can give you teamviewer to see how it runs in benchmarks or idk..
Or i can give you photos with board inside?

off: thank you guys for trying to help me .. i appreciated... really.

System Name Bang4Buck
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard MSI PRESTIGE x570 CREATION
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S36
Memory 32Gb 4400Mhz Patriot Viper Steel(Samsung B-die) @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-32-48-1T @ 1.38v
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
Storage Adata SX8200Pro 512Gb/2x Crucial P1 1Tb/Samsung 840 EVO/6Tb Raid -HGST Enterprise/2x IronWolf 8Tb/
Display(s) Samsung UE49KS8002 4K HDR TV (US - 9 series)
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black Usb-C
Audio Device(s) HDMI out to Denon X4400H reciever, 2x Dali Zensor 7, Dali Zensor Vokal, 2x Dali Zensor 1, Yamaha Sub
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech K520
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/26216445
Take the card apart again and make pictures of both the board and the cooler-underside...

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
More likely the card is staying in 2D mode or not going to full 3D mode for some reason.
But wouldn't that show up in the GPU-Z log? It's running at 2025MHz GPU clock according to the log...

is basurd , because PUBG is working fine. So , let me tell you from start what happened:
My GPU was fine , in any game , i could play anything .. but when COD WARZONE was released , i downloaded it , i started to play and i saw that is crashing , then i saw that the game has option to show GPU Degree , and i observed that my GPU was running around 80 degree when playing COD:W , and after playing 1h+ was hitting 90 degree and my game stopped .. whenever my gpu reached 90 degree , it stopped.. then one of my friend put me to change the termal paste , and i ordered from internet MX-4 , and i put the termal paste ... ( i mention that my GPU doesn't need to remove FAN's to put termal paste , i had just 6 screews then it splits apart in two pieces ..) , and after i've done putting termal paste , i put my gpu back , and i started PC , then suddently my Warzone asn't working anymore... But the question is how is possible to work on PUBG??? i don't know ... Also , this GPU i bought from one friend , was second hand , but he told me is fine , he didn't used it for mining or smth ..

what can i do to make easier for you guys to detect the issue? If it helps , and if tou would like to help me , i can give you teamviewer to see how it runs in benchmarks or idk..
Or i can give you photos with board inside?

off: thank you guys for trying to help me .. i appreciated... really.
Did you friend "shunt mod" the card when he had it? ie put liquid metal on the current sense resistors? Many did this to get a little more OC out of their cards, and probably forgot about it until the cards failed. And I agree with heky, at this point some hi res pictures of both sides of the bare PCB (no cooler) would be nice.

The only easy fix I can come up with is trying to under clock your card. I doubt it is very stable a 2037 and 1.062V as it clocks to now. Download MSI Afterburner, install, start and move Core Clock slider to -200 and click apply. Then try CSGO/COD and see if it helps a little.

I don't think there's much help in TeamViewer, will it even show 3d games?

Attachments

• AB-200.png
    AB-200.png
    256 KB · Views: 116
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
is threaded optimizatoin enabled? what does the task manager look like for cpu usage?

malefiC

But wouldn't that show up in the GPU-Z log? It's running at 2025MHz GPU clock according to the log...

Did you friend "shunt mod" the card when he had it? ie put liquid metal on the current sense resistors? Many did this to get a little more OC out of their cards, and probably forgot about it until the cards failed. And I agree with heky, at this point some hi res pictures of both sides of the bare PCB (no cooler) would be nice.

The only easy fix I can come up with is trying to under clock your card. I doubt it is very stable a 2037 and 1.062V as it clocks to now. Download MSI Afterburner, install, start and move Core Clock slider to -200 and click apply. Then try CSGO/COD and see if it helps a little.

I don't think there's much help in TeamViewer, will it even show 3d games?
i tried the option with -200 in afterburner but unfortunately it doesn't help :[

tomorrow i'll try to open the gpu apart to make photos .. Today was too late when i came home and the photos were not so good .. tomorrow when is full day , i'll make HQ photos ..

Hello guys , i made some photos with GPU apart .. please check on this link https://flutur-gavril.imgbb.com
So, i checked the fans , all 3 are running when i play games.. the power supply are 2x 6+2 pin .. i checked both are connected .. what else should i check??
Also let me tell you something what i've observed now , i tried to put hdmi cable to my monitor , but HDMI1 is not working , but HDMI2 is working .. Maybe it helps for you to detect the issue..

Anyway guys i wish you HAPPY EASTER !
maybe we solve this problem in next days . Thank you for trying to help!

EDIT:
I uploaded this LOG from GPU-Z while i was running stress test on FURMARK tool. I was running it for 3 mins ...
Is everything fine?

Attachments

• GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt
    242.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
I believe Furmark is considered a "power virus" by the nvidia drivers, so performance is intentionally capped. At least it used to be. Anyway, I try to avoid it because of that. But you see it only clocks up to 1600ish and below .9volts in your logs, so not very useful.

I'm not so good when it comes to spotting damaged/missing SMD components in photos, so hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and take a peek :) But besides from the dust, it seems fine to me, and the current sense resistors seems good too. I would give it a good clean with some electrical cleaner, take it outside, spray it good and let it dry for a few hours, clean GPU core and RAM chips again and remount with TX4. Use some compressed air on the heatsink.

Do you have access to a different computer you could try your card in? Maybe that's the next step?

malefiC

I believe Furmark is considered a "power virus" by the nvidia drivers, so performance is intentionally capped. At least it used to be. Anyway, I try to avoid it because of that. But you see it only clocks up to 1600ish and below .9volts in your logs, so not very useful.

I'm not so good when it comes to spotting damaged/missing SMD components in photos, so hopefully someone knowledgeable will come along and take a peek :) But besides from the dust, it seems fine to me, and the current sense resistors seems good too. I would give it a good clean with some electrical cleaner, take it outside, spray it good and let it dry for a few hours, clean GPU core and RAM chips again and remount with TX4. Use some compressed air on the heatsink.

Do you have access to a different computer you could try your card in? Maybe that's the next step?
Unfortunatelly there's nobody who has a good PC in my area .. and now is quarantine you know ... my village is poor .. is not many guys with a good pc ..

System Name Zen4
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Cooling Some oem 240 AIO
Storage WD Black SN850X
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Keyboard Corsair K70
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Win11
I'm out of ideas, hopefully someone with eagle vision will go trough your pictures to see if there's something wrong with the card physically. But to kill time, you could try to enter -500 for the memory clock in Afterburner, and try your games again. Reason is I believe the video ram on these cards are of the error correcting kind, so say if a RAM chip overheats, the card might slow down while the RAM tries to correct it self. The thermal pads on your card looks quite worn...

malefiC

I'm out of ideas, hopefully someone with eagle vision will go trough your pictures to see if there's something wrong with the card physically. But to kill time, you could try to enter -500 for the memory clock in Afterburner, and try your games again. Reason is I believe the video ram on these cards are of the error correcting kind, so say if a RAM chip overheats, the card might slow down while the RAM tries to correct it self. The thermal pads on your card looks quite worn...
i will give a try... Thank you for trying to help!