• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help? Hardware Ids

ryuaced

I have a question.
Can you or how can I change the Hardware IDs of my Geforce 675M Video card for my laptop.
I opened up my laptop a while back and installed this card which was a feat in itself.
The hardware ID they stuck to it is somewhat generic and I have to edit every driver to recognize it for my computer. Is their a program or method so I can edit my Hardware Id for this card to the stock one called for all the Geforce. I'm not even really needing an overclock just the name change haha.

Thanks!

System Name Ultrabeast GX2
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.0GHZ 24/7
Motherboard Gigabit P35-DS3L
Cooling Rosewill RX24, Dual Slot Vid, Fan control
Memory 2x1gb 1066mhz@850MHZ DDR2
Video Card(s) 9800GX2 @ 690/1040
Storage 750/250/250/200 all WD 7200
Display(s) 24" DCLCD 2ms 1200p
Case Apevia
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Digital on-board, 5.1 digital hooked up
Power Supply 700W RAIDMAXXX SLI
Software winXP Pro
Benchmark Scores 17749 3DM06
You'd rather risk bricking your card than to take a couple extra minutes during each driver install? Are you using the mobile driver?

ryuaced

hmm

You'd rather risk bricking your card than to take a couple extra minutes during each driver install? Are you using the mobile driver?

Well I guess that is part of my question as well.
I'm using the mobile driver. Geforce website even recognizes my card as
a 675m but it has a caption noting that I have to get with my supplier for driver update.
Which was ebay so.. not really that viable. When I spoke with them all they did was edit the file
So it would install.

Yesterday however I installed the newest driver and it ran fine for a little bit but windows 8 detected a problem and rebooted then disabled optimus then I had black screened my laptop. I had to hook it up to my tv monitor and restore after the driver update. Which isn't the first issue I have had on any driver update. It isn't overheating I was feeling like it is getting a registering error since it isn't the correct hardware id. I suppose that shouldn't happen but I don't put it past a possibility.