1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me change my water loop

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by rampage, Apr 11, 2009.

1. rampage

Thanks Received:
    I am currently thinking of removing the external 240mm rad from my water loop and only leaving the internal 320mm rad as the case is on the floor in a high trafic area of the house and dont want the 240mm rad knocked off, but before i do so i have a few quick questions

rig is as follows
    (E8600 @ 4.33ghz, gtx 280 at stock atm, swiftech 240mm rad with fill port and swiftech 360mm rad)
    http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_297&products_id=6144

1> will removing the 240mm rad drastical increase temps (average gaming temps on cpu is around or under the 36 c temp for cpu and 50c and under on the gtx 280)

2> what res would you reconmend (i will need a res to use a fill port as the 240mm rad currently has the fill port on it)

3> any idears on how and where to mount the pump and res

water loop.jpg
    pic is a old pic but still accurate for the set up

(i know there is a thousand ways of doing it and ive looked around, buy i would apreciate TPU's input)

2. Waterlogged

Waterlogged New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can get a rough idea of how removing the 240 will affect temps by turning off the fans on the 240. As for a res, a Koolance 120 (either one) can mount to the back exhaust fan via a bracket. It would likely allow you to keep the pump where it is.

3. rampage

Thanks Received:
    that is how i have the 240mm mounted atm via the 120mm fan bracket

ive decided to ditch the 240mm rad at the back and just keep the 360mm at the top. i will mount the pump on the rear of the hdd cage and use a T line to fill the loop with

4. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    add NB block, put the 2nd rad inside the case, OR sell both them rads and get a hw labs GTX360 which will perform about the same if not better.