• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help me install Lineage OS, I made a video of where I am stuck at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
video here, watch at 1.25x or 1.5x speed to save time... I downloaded latest Lineage OS for my phone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, (it does not make you root the phone to install this OS and I don't want to root it, beause I want netflix still to work), well anyways, I follow all the official steps listed on lineage OS website https://download.lineageos.org/tulip and you will see in the video where I get stuck, someone help me get past this part please, thanks!

System Name Burning a hole through my wallet
Processor 3700X
Motherboard Maximus 8 Hero
Cooling Custom loop (EK Extreme 360 Rad, Supremacy evo w/AM4 bracket)
Memory 2x16 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB @3200MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080s hybrid
Storage 960 Evo, 660p, P1, BX500, 2XWD Black, Ironwolf Proo
Display(s) Predator 27" 4k 144hz HDR
Case NZXT h700i
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Logitech G502 hero
Keyboard Drop ALT W/holypanda switches
Software Win 10 Pro 64, Ubuntu 20.04, Manjaro (latest)
You are stuck at trying to launch a terminal with adb correct? In this case I always have put my adb platform-tools folder in the root of my c drive, and then open a command prompt, navigate to the folder and then use adb/fastboot. Netflix is not disallowed with root, it is only disallowed from being installed if your bootloader is unlocked. MOST DEVICES WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS COME LOCKED FROM FACTORY. Also worth noting, you can hide root from apps with Magisk, which is what most people i have seen recommend as an su manager/package install. Did this with several devices recently including Shield tablet, Kindles, and 3xLG V20s. Let me know if you need more help.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
feel free to close topic admins
I got a new phone and decided not to bother with this.

no more posts necessary, thanks therealmeep

Status
Not open for further replies.