1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help on Choosing a Case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by Havoc, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Havoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    Evening all,

I'm after a new case as this one is old, and a bit too knackered. Has a few Dents, needs a screwdriver to get into it and isn't generally nice to work in. Next year i'm going to be moving into a small studio flat, so I need something as small as possible, but it has to be ATX, as I don't want to mess around with changing my components. It will probably be used to listen to music so it will be on a lot. I guess airflow is important too.

I do want it to be as quiet as possible. However i am using Silent components already, so whilst that is important, it isn't as high up the list as it may usually be.

Obviously it's also gotta look good. By that I don't mean I want Clear windowed sides, neons etcetera. It just has to look good. Smooth, defined, yet unobtrusive. You know what I mean.

Thanks a lot.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you can handle a mid-tower I'd check out one of the Antec P series: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007+50001516+1295819209&name=No

Check out the built in fan speed control (noise reduction baby!), stock blow-hole, and if you want to check out Antec's website, I think they even have airflow diagrams, etc. Plus, IMO, these are wicked stylish, without looking like a lit up Christmas tree. :rockout:

If you want to go mini-atx, you'll lose considerable airflow, that is if your mobo would even fit.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Havoc New Member

Thanks Received:
    You've hit the nail on the head for what i'm after looks wise. Something like that. Stylish. It doesn't need to be lit up like a dutch brothel I will keep looking, and see if anyone comes up with something smaller. But that in Gun Metal is quite the contender...

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Carcenomy

Carcenomy New Member

Thanks Received:
    CoolerMaster Mystique 631 is pretty reasonable and quite pretty. Another option from CM is the Wave Master - they're coming down drastically in price, are full aluminium, and look pretty sharp albeit a little dated inside.

10 Year Member at TPU