• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Pls My First Build AMDX2 Based

Earlman

I'm new here, new to a forum of any kind, new to hardware and first build attempt.. Does this make me a Noob??? lol. Anyway I'm 46yrs old by far not stupid and a jack of all trades type. However I need some major help and advice in hardware issues.. I am Disabled and SSI dont pay crap so budget is tight I have 800$ to spend But need to try to hold to 6 or 700$.. Most a my shopping will be done at tigerdirect but Mwave has amazing price drops on AMD cpu's. Motherboard bundles ect. A AMD X2 4600 for 113$ WOW. I wanted the Asus Crosshair MB but just cant afford it yet..

My GF will use it for school online and then as a home buisness for medical coding billing ect. I am a tech type medium gamer and paint shop pro addict.. Aside from all the future vista issues crap ahhh..

My first Question is.. GF needs a good backup solution. I'm thinking ext HD Using the new eSata type????? My delima at this time is since I need a budget MB I dont see a lot of SATA and Firewire ports on bk panel.. I'm getting a
Enermax Multifunction Panel Card Reader With fan speed and cpu temp well has everything up front..

Back to my ?? If I get a cable with SATA one end and eSATA other end Is that ok and is that the right thinking? that all I need to do is hook to any sata socket on MB to drive a Ext eSATA HD?????

MB I have in mind below but pls chime in with opinions I am a ASUS fan and stuborn so if ya know a better solution try n sell me?

Asus M2N-E NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID
$99.00

WD 250GB CAVIAR SE16 WD2500KS 7200RPM 16MB SATA-300 3.5" (Retail) (*Regular $106 - $15 Mwave Instant Discount = $91,

Sony DRU-120C Multi-Drive / 16x DVD±R Burn & Read / 8x DVD+RW / 6x DVD-RW / 5x DVD-RAM / 8x DVD+R DL / 4x DVD-R DL / 48x24x CD-R/RW / Black Only / Internal DVD Burner - Retail 39$

Here is the MB bundle package from Mwave I know its value ram sighh but I have little choice and can upgrade later..
ASUS M2N-E nVIDIA nFORCE 570ULTRA CHIPSET SERIAL ATA300 ATX FORM FACTOR 1xPCI-E(X16)/3xPCI-E(X1)/3xPCI/4xDDR2 W/SATA2 RAID,LAN(Gb),,USB 2.0 & AUDIO (CPU TYPE:AMD - SOCKET AM2)=AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ - WINDSOR= KINGSTON 1GB DDR2 667=(512MB x 2)= ASSEMBLE/TEST BUNDLE
$271.21

BTW Is there a issue with the 570 ultra chipsets????????
I dont really like sony drives but reviews have started to scare me about lite-on??

I had a 4000.00$ custom rig built back in 1999 with plextor drives and thunderbird gaming chip ect ect so I know high end stuff but pls dont scream at me that this and that is the best stuff I just cant afford it and need the best bang for my buck..

Is this to much for one post??
Well I hope this works and I get help. Looking forward to my new experiance with forums and educating myself.
I have more noob questions so for those with patients I am here to be kicked around for your intertianment lol
Thanks Earl