• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Help] Trying to find bios for RX 470P4L VB.0 for gaming! (Usable)

Myozunitonirn

Hello, guys!
I'm new here, so I'll try to be as clear as possible:

I bought a RX 470 of Marketplace, used it, bios crashed and I can't find it's bios.

Well, the thing is that about 1 day playing, it started to shut down in about 10 min, whatever what I used. Be it Chrome or "heavy games".
The card has two bios, so I thought to change it, maybe It'll work it out, since temps were great and PSU as well.
Turned off the PC, changed bios and tried to boot again. But for no avail. Even when I changed back, the PC just turned ON lights but mouse, keyboard and nothing on my monitor.

About the graphics card: fans turned ON, I tried using other slots (more about later), another PSU's cable.
Well, my setup is quite simple/humble:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600AF
RAM: 16gb D41 Spectrix, SSD Sata;
and, for the time being, a GTX 1060 6gb.

Well, I probrably tried a hundred or more bios with CMD + amdvbflashWin.exe.
Sintoms: Installing drivers, crash (20-80%), reboot.

What I used: amdvbflashWin.exe, DDU, Secure boot and Normal too, old and new drivers.
How I used: Since I use a CPU without onboard/APU, I put the RX 470 on the x4 PCI and on x16, I put the GTX 1060.

I used the Standart drivers from Windows and disabled the card thinking that maybe could cause conflict between the drivers.

The "only" bios that ""worked"" was this one, but amdvbflashWin.exe said that this file was empty, and via CMD everything installed and showed everything blank. But only with this bios, I could install drivers.
The catch is: on Devices Manager showed yellow and still, when I pluged the RX 470, be it on PCI Express X4 ou x16, the same symptoms appeared.

Other thing that I tried was Bootable Ubuntu, there, only the GTX 1060 was recognized as plugged.

More info about the RX 470:
4GB VRAM
VRAM: Elpida EDW4032BABG-70-F

and some photos attached.

If I can help with something else, let me know!
Apologies for any mistakes, English isn't my first languague.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    96.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 85
  • Image (4).jpeg
    Image (4).jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 144
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black

Myozunitonirn

That bios only supports Hynix memory. You really need a bios with Elpida memory support.

Please try the following XFX 470 bioses with Elpida memory support:
Hello!
I tried all of them, again to be sure, but I have renamed them (with the numbers) to where they stopped at the installation.
This one was the first to reach 72%+ and restart, I used the Hynix one because GPU-Z recognized (before I flashed any other bios) that my memories were Hynix (I took the card and saw that they are not and maybe that was the problem).
Sadly, none of them works for me.

One thing that maybe is important to say, is that I tried even flash the same bios on both (dual bios). And on Secure Boot, I installed via Device Manager and worked there. But when I started/tried on X4, Windows started to glitch, until I could enter Secure Boot via Recovery and uninstall the driver. And when I tried at x16 was not recognized/wont boot.

Kinda bad picture (attached), but it was hard when I took yesterday dawn (after hours looping the same thing with different bios). I didn't try every Elpida, but I was sure that they look the same with minor changes.
And then I tried one or two Hynix before giving up and asking for help.

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
You really need a bios with Elpida otherwise it wont work at all. Can you switch the bios switch a couple of times.
Maybe the switch is not making proper contact due some corrosion.

Can you try this bios? Its slightly lower gpu clock with Elpida support.

Myozunitonirn

You really need a bios with Elpida otherwise it wont work at all. Can you switch the bios switch a couple of times.
Maybe the switch is not making proper contact due some corrosion.

Can you try this bios? Its slightly lower gpu clock with Elpida support.
I have already tried this one, but I since I didn't remember what position was the switch, I tried on both and... Well, 55% for both when installing the latest driver (I tried one from early 2022 and a Pro edition before). And suggetions of what should I do next?
I think that maybe the archive don't have a bios compatible with this graphics card. When I load/bech on GPU-Z, it's "normal", like without driver. And has been almost two days that it says that I have Micron as Vram, but never the Memory size/GPU Clock. And for whatever reason, Resible BAR is enabled now.

Attachments

• 1675811459407.png
    1675811459407.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
I have already tried this one, but I since I didn't remember what position was the switch, I tried on both and... Well, 55% for both when installing the latest driver (I tried one from early 2022 and a Pro edition before). And suggetions of what should I do next?
I think that maybe the archive don't have a bios compatible with this graphics card. When I load/bech on GPU-Z, it's "normal", like without driver. And has been almost two days that it says that I have Micron as Vram, but never the Memory size/GPU Clock. And for whatever reason, Resible BAR is enabled now.
I think it is time to open up the card and get a clear picture of the VRAM and core. This will help is ensure that we are providing the right BIOS for you.

Also, you know that the GTX 1060 will slightly outperform the RX 470, right?

Myozunitonirn

I think it is time to open up the card and get a clear picture of the VRAM and core. This will help is ensure that we are providing the right BIOS for you.

Also, you know that the GTX 1060 will slightly outperform the RX 470, right?
Yes, I do know.
It's borrowed, my CPU don't have integrated video.

About the card, I'll do that, and use some Isopropyl alcohol with a soft brush, clean some stuff. And then take a picture. I used contact cleaner when I opened before (when I got it and when bios died).
But I must say that the chip don't have anything on; the GPU is blank/scratched.

Oh, and another update:
I was trying RX 570 bios models with low specs and this one, on Normal boot, installed 100%. Without problems with the installation. But then I got Error 43 and no boot on PCIe x16. I even used AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher, to no avail.

System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
System Name Project Kairi Mk. IV "Eternal Thunder"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard MSI MEG Z690 ACE (MS-7D27) BIOS 1G
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 1x WD Black SN750 500 GB NVMe + 4x WD VelociRaptor HLFS 300 GB HDDs
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Cooler Master MasterFrame 700
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio (classic) + Sony MDR-V7 cans
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed K/DA
Keyboard Logitech K400 Plus
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2
Benchmark Scores "Speed isn't life, it just makes it go faster."
Well, do not use the latest drivers for an old card.
Please use the following :

There's no reason anyone would ever need to run an obscure, 3-year-old beta driver, that's just senseless advice. Polaris is still a supported architecture and owners of these GPUs should use the most current up to date drivers whenever possible, staying on old drivers for "stability" is a myth, and it's even worse if you're trying to do so to "fix" a problem.

Yes, I do know.
It's borrowed, my CPU don't have integrated video.

About the card, I'll do that, and use some Isopropyl alcohol with a soft brush, clean some stuff. And then take a picture. I used contact cleaner when I opened before (when I got it and when bios died).
But I must say that the chip don't have anything on; the GPU is blank/scratched.

Oh, and another update:
I was trying RX 570 bios models with low specs and this one, on Normal boot, installed 100%. Without problems with the installation. But then I got Error 43 and no boot on PCIe x16. I even used AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher, to no avail.

The real problem here is that you bought mining junk. I can tell from the terrible condition of its shroud (it looks almost sand blasted of so long that it's been run mining crypto), and it's more than likely that this GPU is beat up to death.

The exact BIOS for your GPU is this one:

But I can make no promises. Your hardware seems to be in terrible condition and if you purchased this recently, try to get a refund. You've been scammed.

Myozunitonirn

There's no reason anyone would ever need to run an obscure, 3-year-old beta driver, that's just senseless advice. Polaris is still a supported architecture and owners of these GPUs should use the most current up to date drivers whenever possible, staying on old drivers for "stability" is a myth, and it's even worse if you're trying to do so to "fix" a problem.

The real problem here is that you bought mining junk. I can tell from the terrible condition of its shroud (it looks almost sand blasted of so long that it's been run mining crypto), and it's more than likely that this GPU is beat up to death.

But I can make no promises. Your hardware seems to be in terrible condition and if you purchased this recently, try to get a refund. You've been scammed.
Yeah, I think it too. The heatpipe is a lot darker than it shoud be, but I would like to remember that I was gaming on her perfectly... Until I stwiched bios and even when I put back where it was, I wasn't able to play anymore or even boot.
I mean, I tested it alot and the person who I bought from even said that would let me test it until they spend the money. It was normal about 4-5 days, and then we talked and finished the deal. Sadly, on that night the nightmare begun.

I already sent some messages and we exchanged some infos, but he works 15 days on another city. Well, until then I'll try my best to ressurrect this card. I mean, when I picked it up, It was at least able to boot without bug everything else.

What I'll do now is try to clean the best as I can and run on PCIe x4 until Windows recognizes it normally. If not, well, I will have a paperweight, kinda expensive for where I'm from. To make matters worse, it was a birthday present.

But until then, wish me luck and any ideas that you guys/people may have, please let me know!
And if you need some info, just ask!

Thanks for the advice!

Cooling Noctua NH-D15S + NF-F12 industrialPPC-3000 w/ Thermalright BCF and NT-H1
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 32GB DDR5-6800 F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 6400 MT/s 30-38-38-38-70-2
Yeah, I think it too. The heatpipe is a lot darker than it shoud be, but I would like to remember that I was gaming on her perfectly... Until I stwiched bios and even when I put back where it was, I wasn't able to play anymore or even boot.
I mean, I tested it alot and the person who I bought from even said that would let me test it until they spend the money. It was normal about 4-5 days, and then we talked and finished the deal. Sadly, on that night the nightmare begun.

I already sent some messages and we exchanged some infos, but he works 15 days on another city. Well, until then I'll try my best to ressurrect this card. I mean, when I picked it up, It was at least able to boot without bug everything else.

What I'll do now is try to clean the best as I can and run on PCIe x4 until Windows recognizes it normally. If not, well, I will have a paperweight, kinda expensive for where I'm from. To make matters worse, it was a birthday present.

But until then, wish me luck and any ideas that you guys/people may have, please let me know!

Thanks for the advice!

Not only that, upon closer inspection, I've noticed several spots with visible signs of heat damage (the worn sticker in the back is telltale, but for example your RAM chips seem to be yellowed, including the solder balls under the BGA), not to mention the entire thing just looks super weathered. To me, it seems reasonable to conclude that your graphics card might as well simply have finally failed after years of prolonged abuse, it shows every sign that it was used for heavy cryptocurrency mining for years on end. No driver or VBIOS will fix that.

Miners who intend to sell their e-waste to unsuspecting gamers will usually withdraw them at the first signs of failure. They will usually work on a gamer's PC for an indeterminate amount of time (may be a few days, may be a year, who knows) since it's usually subject to a much lighter workload, but most games today are plenty capable of driving an RX 470 to its absolute limit. My theory, once you started playing games on it, it was subject to natural power transients and its worn-out components failed.

I don't think there is much you can do at all here if this is the case. The card not showing up at all as a display adapter under Linux proves that it's a hardware failure.

Myozunitonirn

Not only that, upon closer inspection, I've noticed several spots with visible signs of heat damage (the worn sticker in the back is telltale, but for example your RAM chips seem to be yellowed, including the solder balls under the BGA), not to mention the entire thing just looks super weathered. To me, it seems reasonable to conclude that your graphics card might as well simply have finally failed after years of prolonged abuse, it shows every sign that it was used for heavy cryptocurrency mining for years on end. No driver or VBIOS will fix that.

Miners who intend to sell their e-waste to unsuspecting gamers will usually withdraw them at the first signs of failure. They will usually work on a gamer's PC for an indeterminate amount of time (may be a few days, may be a year, who knows) since it's usually subject to a much lighter workload, but most games today are plenty capable of driving an RX 470 to its absolute limit. My theory, once you started playing games on it, it was subject to natural power transients and its worn-out components failed.

I don't think there is much you can do at all here if this is the case. The card not showing up at all as a display adapter under Linux proves that it's a hardware failure.
I thought that maybe I just bricked and thats all. Yeah, the card is kinda used (the sticker was my fault, I was verifying for any hidden screws before open it). And I was using Ubuntu via pendrive, tbh, I don't know much about it, so I called it a day and ignored it because I didn't know what I was doing, and since the bios was "bricked", just took that as a loss.

I'll open the card one last time and see what I can do. By the way, I suspected about the heatsink darkned, but where I live and where I bought, are beach region, so maybe, in my head, that was oxidation on the heat pipes.
As I said, the person was very thoughtful about testing (he was without a PC), but now...

Well, I'll try clean it and test all bios on this thread.

Just one addendum, almost all bios that I tested now (about 4 or 5 - XFX RX 570) were installing the driver. But nothing about posting alone and image (and error 43, even with atikmdag).
I can't lost hope, tbh, since I can't go back. Now, I'll try until I return the 1060.

Repeating myself:

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62

Already provided by me as the first one in the list of bioses

@Myozunitonirn
Maybe some hardware repair shop can replace the VRM but I think it will more be expensive then buying an used RX470/570/480/580 card

Myozunitonirn

Already provided by me as the first one in the list of bioses

@Myozunitonirn
Maybe some hardware repair shop can replace the VRM but I think it will more be expensive then buying an used RX470/570/480/580 card
As you said, surely will be more expensive. Where I live, tbh, there's no repair shop that treat this kind of thing. I would have to send to another state, just to be verified and receive the charge.
I'll try/do my best!
Thank you guys, @VuurVOS @Dr. Dro and @Imperator .

Still, any ideas from you side, I'm listening! Thank you very much!

Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Hello mate.
I wouldn't advise some members something i didn't tested.
So please do not use words like "senseless" until you are prepared to give us some arguments.
1st of all after a period of time the producer (in our case AMD) would not bother to take care of older hardware since they are interested to sell newer ones.
On the other hand if you read the description for each new driver launch, you will notice only some game conflicts or bugs solved.
But since i own more then 60 AMD cards i could tell only from my experience that using a newer driver for an older hardware is pointless in some cases i did not recommend it at all.
I had cases when the new driver worked but not as it supposed to do on a RX580 in my case.
So unless you have some good reasons to advise the users otherwise please let them do what i suggested.
Thanks

Myozunitonirn

Hey, Dr. Dro! I took some pictures, slightly cleaned (I forgot that I used the same brush that removed the thermal paste), but I think that, besides what I circled blue, everything on the board looks great (minus heat pipe and that capacitor/VRM circulated in blue (?). @VuurVOS None of them looks like bad (I don't have a multimeter or datasheet, but visually, I think)
And that's the GPU/core that I said that was brushed off, @Count von Schwalbe

What do you think?

And sorry about the photos, not the best camera, but here they are!

Sorry! I didn't say anything, well, a lot happening. This link is broken and I coudn't find older drivers on AMD site.
Oh, btw, I mean olden than early 2022 (the oldest driver that I found for W10).

Attachments

• 20230208_054118.jpg
    20230208_054118.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230208_054622.jpg
    20230208_054622.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
  • 20230208_054859.jpg
    20230208_054859.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230208_055044.jpg
    20230208_055044.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20230208_055517.jpg
    20230208_055517.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230208_055518.jpg
    20230208_055518.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230208_055527.jpg
    20230208_055527.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230208_0550442.jpg
    20230208_0550442.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64

Myozunitonirn

OK, i just tested the link and it is working.
Here it is again :
I've just installed this bios and it "worked" on . None of the RX 470 worked for me, sadly. I still think that don't have it for download.
Now, I'm stuck with Error 43, bios isn't recognized at PCIe 16x, so no boot. But at least I know that GPU (GPU Z simulation) and memories from both bios works.
Just don't know what to do next. If anyone here has any clue, I'll be eternally grateful!

you tried atikmdag patcher ?

Myozunitonirn

you tried atikmdag patcher ?
Yes, on both bios. Like I said earlier, just won't work. Now I'm clueless. I even sent images, cleaned the graphics card again, used Isopropyl alcohol, Contact Cleaner. Verified~tried almost every bios avaiable for RX 470 and a lot of RX 570. Tried on PCIe x4 and x16.
Installed via Secure Boot a lot of drivers, but when I booted, everything freeze until I can again enter on Secure Boot and remove the driver.
Used both CMD and ATIflash when I could.

Now I know that I tried my best, but don't have a compatible bios that can be verified by Windows.

I'm lost now, so any advice, I'm in! Thank you again for everyone that helped me and still willing to help!

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
OK, i just tested the link and it is working.
Here it is again :
This is a different link than before ;) Also direct download links will not work due missing cookies of the amd site.

@Myozunitonirn
When you install drivers the graphics card will try to switch to 3D mode. It a hardware issue with the VRM or GPU.
Software can't fix hardware failures. Bios which was provided by Dr Bro and me seems to be the orginal.

Last edited:

Myozunitonirn

This is a different link than before ;) Also direct download links will not work due missing cookies of the amd site.

@Myozunitonirn
When you install drivers the graphics card will try to switch to 3D mode. It a hardware issue with the VRM or GPU.
Software can't fix hardware failures. Bios which was by Dr Bro and me seems to be the orginal.
I like to think that it has something with PCIe x4 and conflict between drivers from Nvidia and AMD. But, well, hope is last to die.
Thank you again! And yeah, bios were flashing, GPU was ok on Render test from GPU-Z... Maybe I'll try to borrow some kit with onboard and try it on x16 (low band or charge), don't know. But I'll use everything that you guys provided to me. : )

It's has been almost 4 days, 2 with no sleep, kinda exausted here. I am grateful for receiving so much support in a low spam of time. Thank you again!

And, as always, if anything come to your minds, just tell me that I'll try!

System Name Work Computer | Unfinished Computer
Processor Core i7-6700 | Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Dell Q170 | Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wi-Fi
Cooling A fan? | Truly Custom Loop
Memory 4x4GB Crucial 2133 C17 | 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 C26
Video Card(s) Dell Radeon R7 450 | RTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage Crucial BX500 2TB | TBD
Display(s) 3x LG QHD 32" GSM5B96 | TBD
Case Dell | Heavily Modified Phanteks P400
Power Supply Dell TFX Non-standard | EVGA BQ 650W
Mouse Monster No-Name $7 Gaming Mouse| TBD
There are a whole bunch of RX 470 VBIOS in the database. Below are some that match the official clocks of that model, with some subtle differences between them. It is probably a hardware failure if you can't get an RX 470 VBIOS to work.

The reason for asking you to take apart the card was to confirm its actual hardware, as some companies made knock-offs with whatever die they had available. The code on the side of the die frame confirms that is an actual RX 470, therefore the RX 470 VBIOS should work better than any others.

Hey, Dr. Dro! I took some pictures, slightly cleaned (I forgot that I used the same brush that removed the thermal paste)

Nope, I stand by what I said earlier, even though I understand you wish you could just get it fixed. This GPU's been used so extensively even the epoxy around the die is yellowed and the substrate has discoloration from heat stress, the same goes for the memory which was clearly subject to very high temperatures for a very long time. This is very peculiar to RX 400 and 500 series GPUs that have been abused in crypto farms. TecLab's videos on the Afox counterfeit cards that are manufactured from discarded mining GPUs in similar condition to yours have the exact same problems.

Upon closer visual inspection of all of the small resistors, SMD mounted components, capacitors and chokes on your GPU, it seems heavily used, but in generally acceptable condition for a product of this age with how much it's been used, it could be worse, but visual inspection only goes so far, you would need to break out the multimeter, the circuit tester, have the PCB blueprint ready to know what and which to test, plus any components for a potential replacement.

The choke you singled out isn't lined up but it's not incorrectly installed, this is within tolerance... shows poor assembly practices by XFX's part, but in general this is because this used to be a very low cost graphics card when it released. At least the 215-0876204 number in the die's frame confirms this is a real RX 470 which hasn't been frankensteined with another variant's core. This would help narrow down the search for a compatible BIOS, but at the same time, a BIOS will do you no good if your hardware is defective.

I'm sorry to say this but even if you actually managed to fix this GPU, it's just been used to the point of being completely spent, and would likely not last you any meaningful amount of time.

Hello mate.
I wouldn't advise some members something i didn't tested.
So please do not use words like "senseless" until you are prepared to give us some arguments.
1st of all after a period of time the producer (in our case AMD) would not bother to take care of older hardware since they are interested to sell newer ones.
On the other hand if you read the description for each new driver launch, you will notice only some game conflicts or bugs solved.
But since i own more then 60 AMD cards i could tell only from my experience that using a newer driver for an older hardware is pointless in some cases i did not recommend it at all.
I had cases when the new driver worked but not as it supposed to do on a RX580 in my case.
So unless you have some good reasons to advise the users otherwise please let them do what i suggested.
Thanks

If you had taken the time to read the thread, OP reports that the card exhibits the same symptoms under Linux, which invalidates the entire "driver problem" claim. Not to mention the advice of using 3 year old obscure beta drivers is snake oil, and would cause far more issues than they could ever potentially solve. I dislike pointing out things like this, but recommending such jurassic software in search of a potential solution is bad advice. Why specifically a 3-year-old unlisted beta? Why specifically a prerelease build of 20.3.1? What makes this driver special other than it's extremely old, designed for an obsolete operating system version, contains multiple long-since-resolved problems, bugs, security issues... That makes it senseless advice purely based on anecdote.

One doesn't need to be on the latest software to the letter, but at least keep it within the range of AMD recommended software - it's already a glacial quarterly pace. Weird flex on the 60 cards btw.