1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help with bad frames and MSI afterburner

Discussion in 'General Software' started by gamerGT, Dec 22, 2011.

1. gamerGT New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 2 or 3 last videogame footage that i recorded with afterburner were having an increasing number of bad frames. Bad frames like with crazy colors or part of the image is shifted or sometimes the frame is just black and white garbage.

Lag in the video is not much of a problem although it might happen. Could it be that the HDD is too much fragmented ?

2. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    sounds like a driver conflict... did you install a new version of yoru drivers or maybe upgraded the MSI after burner software

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
  4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    fraps is highly resource drawing. fraps is worse IMO.

5. gamerGT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Talking about drivers, i'm using the latest from Nvidia, and i uninstalled the older ones before installing these. As of afterburner, i was using an older beta version...it expired and i installed a non-beta on top. That didn't record sound, and later i installed the latest beta 9 on top too.

The bad frames problem is not very consistent. One video might have no or just a few bad frames and another might have a lot...that's why i thought about something dinamic like HDD fragmentation...

6. MasterInvader

MasterInvader

Thanks Received:
    I use Fraps for 1080p recording and don't see the "high resource draw" :wtf:

Yes the frames "drop" a bit [10%] but still very playable and good video quality, but as I said in the previous post, I use a secondary hard drive for storage