• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help With Installing Realtek HD Audio Drivers & ASUS 2018/19

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Processor i7-8750H @2.2GHz
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070, 8GB GDDR5
Storage 240 GB SSD + 1TB HDD
Display(s) 144 Hz Full-HD IPS, 1920x1080
Audio Device(s) Audio-Technica M50x Headphones
Mouse Logitech G Pro (HERO) RGB
Software Windows 10 64-Bit
Hello, me again.
So last month I decided to step away from dealing with this issue as it became increasingly confusing and frustrating. In the end I was forced to completely
refresh and re-install windows 10 in order to undo whatever conflict/error prevented my headphones from producing sound. A driver rollback didn't work.
Hopefully this time I can find a positive outcome.

I'd like to thank both CityCultivator & AlanFox2000 for trying to help, however a few things weren't communicated clearly (at least not enough for me to properly understand) and that somewhat left me bewildered and disheartened as a result. I am, however, determined in fixing this issue, no matter how long it takes.

Therefore, to start I'd like to address a couple of details regarding some previous posts, as well as establish my current situation.
*(Please correct me if I've misinterpreted the information.)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • In Post #25 AlanFox suggests the default Microsoft HDA driver isn't always compatible with certain Realtek chipsets - and therefore won't differentiate 'Internal Speakers & Headphones' by itself, and requires some tinkering with Test Utility. After system reset I prevented auto-connect to the internet and windows defaulted to the generic, I believe, HDA driver.
Driver Manager Properties Info
Sound, video & game controllers = "High Definition Audio Device" v10.0.17763.1 Date: 14/9/2018
Inf Name= hdaudio.inf
Hardware ID= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_10431251&REV_1000

Am I correct that denying auto-connect to the internet has prevented Windows from installing the UWP UAD Realtek Driver that CityCultivator references in Post #18; the driver I had originally attempted to uninstall (with great difficulty, as the Realtek Universal Service would reconnect and auto-install everytime I restarted.)

Contradiction 1 - Currently, without the use of Test Utility, immediately after system reset, my headphones are working normally now and do show up in Playback _Audio Devices tab as a separate thing from the onboard high definition audio speakers.
This is how I expect this to work all the time as it mutes the speakers automatically and switches default device to the headphones when plugged in.

So apparently this version of Microsoft HDA is compatible with the Realtek chipset as it is clearly recognising and operating correctly.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • In Post #20 AlanFox says that my laptop doesn't support the option to manually alter (through any version of Realtek Sound Manager) the combo jack configuration. Meaning that no matter what Realtek driver I install - it will automatically tie-up the headphones with the onboard speakers, and in Playback _Audio Devices tab my headphones won't be shown as a separate device, even though the driver clearly understands that something has been connected.
I suppose the issue here is whether or not my headphones actually work - if they do it probably doesn't matter so much, it's just incredibly weird looking in the device tab and not seeing a separate connection. Stupid design imho - wouldn't this lead to the headphones and onboard speakers playing sound together at the same time?
If however my headphones stop working altogether, like before, then the assumption is that Test Utility forces the driver to play ball and recognise that I do indeed have headphones connected.
Unfortunately even with AlanFox's Test Utility screenshots I'm unable to grasp how to use it. Further explanation/tutorial required.

Before I continue, I'd like to learn more about codecs. If anyone knows what the significance of these numbers mean, I'd appreciate the insight.
According to the Hardware ID above, my systems Audio Codec is 0294.
The assumption is that only certain drivers will work with the corresponding codec. A driver intended for ALC892 support for example will not work with ALC294?
I might have that wrong though. I simply don't understand what codecs are and what they're for.

• In Post #2 & #7 CityCultivator's HDA Realtek driver 6.0.1.8619, extracting the cab file contents. Does it matter where the contents are extracted to before directing Device Manager to manually browse and install the driver? Can I delete the contents, or relocate the extracted cab file somewhere else after driver installation?
Additionally which Manager Control Panel is correct? -RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe
Unlike the old original Manager (Post #1) the updated "Red" version (Post #7) doesn't have any sound effects. EQ and Environment configuration - I want these options.
Obviously I'm still intending to install the SRS Premium Sound APO (Personal Favourite), however...
What is Sonic Studio by comparison? Is it an Enhancer like SRS? Can I have both and just interchangeably switch by turning one off?
(I have an Asus Laptop - I presume Sonic Studio is compatible.)

Examples of different Control Panels.
RSound ImageEdit-1.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With all that said, my system is primed and ready for driver installation. No internet connection. No Microsoft interference.
If I could ask that we start from the beginning - one step at a time - things will hopefully work out.

(I will not proceed and just begin installing things without first an explanation of the aforementioned issues above. I really don't won't to end with another system reset.)
Thanks in advance. Questions welcome.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello, me again.
So last month I decided to step away from dealing with this issue as it became increasingly confusing and frustrating. In the end I was forced to completely
refresh and re-install windows 10 in order to undo whatever conflict/error prevented my headphones from producing sound. A driver rollback didn't work.
Hopefully this time I can find a positive outcome.

I'd like to thank both CityCultivator & AlanFox2000 for trying to help, however a few things weren't communicated clearly (at least not enough for me to properly understand) and that somewhat left me bewildered and disheartened as a result. I am, however, determined in fixing this issue, no matter how long it takes.

Therefore, to start I'd like to address a couple of details regarding some previous posts, as well as establish my current situation.
*(Please correct me if I've misinterpreted the information.)

• In Post #25 AlanFox suggests the default Microsoft HDA driver isn't always compatible with certain Realtek chipsets - and therefore won't differentiate 'Internal Speakers & Headphones' by itself, and requires some tinkering with Test Utility. After system reset I prevented auto-connect to the internet and windows defaulted to the generic, I believe, HDA driver.
Driver Manager Properties Info
Sound, video & game controllers = "High Definition Audio Device" v10.0.17763.1 Date: 14/9/2018
Inf Name= hdaudio.inf
Hardware ID= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_10431251&REV_1000

Am I correct that denying auto-connect to the internet has prevented Windows from installing the UWP UAD Realtek Driver that CityCultivator references in Post #18; the driver I had originally attempted to uninstall (with great difficulty, as the Realtek Universal Service would reconnect and auto-install everytime I restarted.)

Contradiction 1 - Currently, without the use of Test Utility, immediately after system reset, my headphones are working normally now and do show up in Playback _Audio Devices tab as a separate thing from the onboard high definition audio speakers.
This is how I expect this to work all the time as it mutes the speakers automatically and switches default device to the headphones when plugged in.

So apparently this version of Microsoft HDA is compatible with the Realtek chipset as it is clearly recognising and operating correctly.
  • In Post #20 AlanFox says that my laptop doesn't support the option to manually alter (through any version of Realtek Sound Manager) the combo jack configuration. Meaning that no matter what Realtek driver I install - it will automatically tie-up the headphones with the onboard speakers, and in Playback _Audio Devices tab my headphones won't be shown as a separate device, even though the driver clearly understands that something has been connected.
I suppose the issue here is whether or not my headphones actually work - if they do it probably doesn't matter so much, it's just incredibly weird looking in the device tab and not seeing a separate connection. Stupid design imho - wouldn't this lead to the headphones and onboard speakers playing sound together at the same time?
If however my headphones stop working altogether, like before, then the assumption is that Test Utility forces the driver to play ball and recognise that I do indeed have headphones connected.
Unfortunately even with AlanFox's Test Utility screenshots I'm unable to grasp how to use it. Further explanation/tutorial required.

Before I continue, I'd like to learn more about codecs. If anyone knows what the significance of these numbers mean, I'd appreciate the insight.
According to the Hardware ID above, my systems Audio Codec is 0294.
The assumption is that only certain drivers will work with the corresponding codec. A driver intended for ALC892 support for example will not work with ALC294?
I might have that wrong though. I simply don't understand what codecs are and what they're for.

• In Post #2 & #7 CityCultivator's HDA Realtek driver 6.0.1.8619, extracting the cab file contents. Does it matter where the contents are extracted to before directing Device Manager to manually browse and install the driver? Can I delete the contents, or relocate the extracted cab file somewhere else after driver installation?
Additionally which Manager Control Panel is correct? -RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe
Unlike the old original Manager (Post #1) the updated "Red" version (Post #7) doesn't have any sound effects. EQ and Environment configuration - I want these options.
Obviously I'm still intending to install the SRS Premium Sound APO (Personal Favourite), however...
What is Sonic Studio by comparison? Is it an Enhancer like SRS? Can I have both and just interchangeably switch by turning one off?
(I have an Asus Laptop - I presume Sonic Studio is compatible.)

Examples of different Control Panels.
View attachment 118549
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With all that said, my system is primed and ready for driver installation. No internet connection. No Microsoft interference.
If I could ask that we start from the beginning - one step at a time - things will hopefully work out.

(I will not proceed and just begin installing things without first an explanation of the aforementioned issues above. I really don't won't to end with another system reset.)
Thanks in advance. Questions welcome.
I would not expect Microsoft HD audio to malfunction on any Realtek chip. Indeed, a reinstall shows that Microsoft HDA to work after a reinstall.
check & Download a fresh new HDA driver from the first provided link; the driver downloaded previously might be old by now.
Install that. You can delete the extracted contents; Windows keeps a cacked copy of the driver.
Follow the procedures to unlock additional outputs by alanfox2000.
Report what you found.

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Hello,

1) Okay so installed the TenForums HDA Realtek Driver provided by CityCultivator. As expected the driver has automatically tied my headphones to the speakers - so the headphones no longer show up as a separate endpoint I can manage. However they do at least work.
(I have not yet allowed PC access to the internet yet - so I have no idea if Windows is going to say NOPE, and start overriding anything - fingers crossed it doesn't.)

2) In my attempt to change the Audio Manager Control Panel Skin/UI using AlanFox's Test Utility - pressing only the numbered buttons shown in screenshots, it does not change from the Red Asus Rog skin (RtkNGUI64) - to the Generic Old Classic skin shown above in my previous post as "Example B and C" consecutively.
I require further assistance regarding the use of Test Utility. Thanks.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Yeah, I think @alanfox2000 screwed some of the instructions for enabling stock realtek gui.
1. Click the checkbox close to no.1.
2. As in picture.
3. Click save button, close to no.1.
4,5. As 3,4 in picture.

If you are still unable to enable stock GUI, try step 2/enabling indepandent outs. Forget GUI change for now.

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Yeah, I think @alanfox2000 screwed some of the instructions for enabling stock realtek gui.
2. As in picture.
4,5. As 3,4 in picture.

If you are still unable to enable stock GUI, try step 2/enabling indepandent outs. Forget GUI change for now.

:clap: Well that worked.
Provided a screenshot showing the changed steps for easy reference.
UploadAudio_ Screenshot001.png

Okay. So after that was achieved I found that I didn't need to use Test Utility for getting the headphones to show up separately in Audio Devices as the Classic UI Control Panel contained the advanced settings button in the top right-hand corner, which allowed me to check the "make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" option.

Hurray!!!
1) Installed HDA Driver.
2) Changed to Classic UI for Realtek Control Panel.
3) Headphones working.
4) Headphones show up in Audio Devices.

5)..... Hmm, so... close... just... one small problem left... :banghead:
Installed APO Driver and followed instructions getting SRS Premium Sound working, however...
After I did that, the Sound Effects and Environment Tabs in Manager Control Panel disappeared.
Is SRS incompatible with these options somehow? (Pointing FX Configurator at the selected Endpoints and applying SRS seemed to be what made SRS work but at the expense of losing Sound Effects.)
Other than to uninstall SRS completely I don't know how to reverse what FX Config has done so I can get back the Sound Effects Tab - what should I do?

6) In addition to all of that SRS has done something slightly weird to the audio. When I click on and adjust the volume (with headphones plugged in) I get that default windows "bling!" sound effect, but as that happens the audio sounds like it's switching between either foreground/background or left/right priority. It has an inconsistency to it - like a wave maybe. Sometimes loud then switches to quiet. I describe it as a noticeable alteration during output where SRS is trying to apply it's filters but is slow and laggy. At least that's my guess anyway.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Provided a screenshot showing the changed steps for easy reference.
View attachment 118796

Okay. So after that was achieved I found that I didn't need to use Test Utility for getting the headphones to show up separately in Audio Devices as the Classic UI Control Panel contained the advanced settings button in the top right-hand corner, which allowed me to check the "make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" option.

Hurray!!!
1) Installed HDA Driver.
3) Headphones working.

Installed APO Driver and followed instructions getting SRS Premium Sound working, however...
After I did that, the Sound Effects and Environment Tabs in Manager Control Panel disappeared.
Is SRS incompatible with these options somehow? (Pointing FX Configurator at the selected Endpoints and applying SRS seemed to be what made SRS work but at the expense of losing Sound Effects.)
Other than to uninstall SRS completely I don't know how to reverse what FX Config has done so I can get back the Sound Effects Tab - what should I do?

6) In addition to all of that SRS has done something slightly weird to the audio. When I click on and adjust the volume (with headphones plugged in) I get that default windows "bling!" sound effect, but as that happens the audio sounds like it's switching between either foreground/background or left/right priority. It has an inconsistency to it - like a wave maybe. Sometimes loud then switches to quiet. I describe it as a noticeable alteration during output where SRS is trying to apply it's filters but is slow and laggy. At least that's my guess anyway.
Restoring the environmental effects will require a driver reinstall.
Or try this settings:
Code:
[LFX]
{176F4E15-8F7C-4833-ADED-81FAE8CCD186}
[GFX]
[UI]
{6861CFDC-0461-49d5-A8DF-BE5ACD02692F}
[SFX]
[MFX]
[EFX]
[KDSFX]
[KDMFX]
[KDEFX]
[OSFX]
[OMFX]
[CompositeSFX]
{176F4E15-8F7C-4833-ADED-81FAE8CCD186}
{DA2C9ECE-7418-4906-B4FA-0A00B3EB88AA}
[CompositeMFX]
{A296D363-EE83-4af9-9BE7-729C1296150A}
[CompositeEFX]
{A29EB043-6CE2-4ee2-B38C-F58719E0D88F}
[CompositeKDSFX]
[CompositeKDMFX]
[CompositeKDEFX]
[CompositeOSFX]
[CompositeOMFX]
[ProcessingLFX]
[ProcessingGFX]
[ProcessingSFx]
{C18E2F7E-933D-4965-B7D1-1EEF228D2AF3}
[ProcessingMFX]
[ProcessingEFX]
[ProcessingKDSFx]
[ProcessingKDMFX]
[ProcessingKDEFX]
[ProcessingOSFX]
[ProcessingOMFX]
[Notes]
SRS + Realtek
Paste the contents above in notepad. Save the file and add an .ini extension. (E.g. use this filename: "SRS + Realtek.ini and save as "All Files (*.*)". )
Open FX Configurator and click load current config. Load the saved file. Click Apply effects and processing mode configuration. Finally click Restart Windows Audio Service. SRS + Realtek settings should coexist.
Try a song or a video to test SRS.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I guess the realtek hda driver test tool is needed for ALC2xx chips to enable separate speaker and headphone outputs

audio chips like ALC888S on my old HP m8417c desktop computer and the newer ALC892 on my custom built PC using a Gigabyte board already have the available options - no mods needed at all, only a reg hack to change the Realtek control panel UI on my HP computer

-attached screenshots-

(Realtek HD Audio Manager - Hewlett-Packard version with an HP logo using RtkNGUI64.exe)

realtek-audio-manager-hp-advancedsettings.png

(Realtek HD Audio Manager - classic version using RAVCpl64.exe, this one originally came with my HP computer)

realtek-audio-manager-classic-advancedsettings.png

Last edited:
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Hurray!!!
1) Installed HDA Driver.
3) Headphones working.

a follow up - I tried those same steps in that exact order on my dad's Toshiba laptop using Realtek ALC269 audio and I still do not get a separate "headphones" output from the speakers output :(. the "make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" option never shows up in the Device Advanced settings dialog box no matter what. I guess this does not work with ALC269 audio chips that have a hardware device id beginning with "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269"; maybe it works with some other ALC2xx chips like ALC272 & ALC294 but not with ALC269

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
a follow up - I tried those same steps in that exact order on my dad's Toshiba laptop using Realtek ALC269 audio and I still do not get a separate "headphones" output from the speakers output :(. the "make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" option never shows up in the Device Advanced settings dialog box no matter what. I guess this does not work with ALC269 audio chips that have a hardware device id beginning with "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269"; maybe it works with some other ALC2xx chips like ALC272 & ALC294 but not with ALC269

I do have an ALC269. These options can work.
Refer to post number 20, but use these instructions:
2. As in picture.
4,5. As 3,4 in picture.
If it still does not work, I do have some additional settings that you can try.

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Hello again.
I thought I'd drop in and clarify that CityCultivator's instructions have indeed worked. Everything I outlined has finally given me back control of my audio.
Thank you to everyone who contributed. I wish there was a way to make a proper & clear tutorial for future reference, (one where you don't have to do a complete re-installation of windows like me) but for right now the issue has been fixed. :)

Sorry for not addressing Erpguy53's issue. Output separation for me was based on applying the option through the restored classic Realtek GUI Control Panel via Test Utility. Hopefully CityCultivator's instructions were helpful.

Okay. Since this is somewhat related to the above drivers, I'm going to post my new problem here.

Yesterday I was minding my own business with the preferred audio setup I want - and have achieved with CityCultivator's help. And lo and behold Microsoft comes along with it's all-knowing superiority complex and shoves an unwanted Realtek driver in my face. I don't quite get how it happened but the new driver automatically installed itself and then requested a pc restart. Totally messed up my audio settings and ruined the compatibility of SRS Premium Sound. ...I really hate Microsoft right now.

Attempted to re-direct through Device Manager the preferred custom driver, and it wouldn't accept saying that I already have the latest version...blah blah.
Turns out, thankfully, I had a restore point for just a day prior to the forced update. I have some screenshots of the situation.
Windows_Update_AutoR Image4.png

Windows_Update_AutoR Image2.png

Windows_Update_AutoR Image5.png

I actioned the restore point and got back my preferred configuration. (temporary victory)
Unfortunately I know that as soon as I re-enable internet access the process of Windows automatically searching for updates and drivers will begin anew.

So the question is - How do I keep receiving normal security updates from Microsoft, and then prevent any automatic installation of any driver they discover and include along with them? I want to completely stop any future Realtek Audio updates from being installed.

Or as an alternative, have some easy way to reverse and re-install my preferred driver afterwards - keeping my original configuration. SRS did stop working after update FYI.

*Please remember to include an easy step-by-step process, as my technical knowledge is beginner level.
For reference I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. I cannot utilize Group Policy.
Thanks in advance.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hello again.
I thought I'd drop in and clarify that CityCultivator's instructions have indeed worked. Everything I outlined has finally given me back control of my audio.
Thank you to everyone who contributed. I wish there was a way to make a proper & clear tutorial for future reference, (one where you don't have to do a complete re-installation of windows like me) but for right now the issue has been fixed. :)

Sorry for not addressing Erpguy53's issue. Output separation for me was based on applying the option through the restored classic Realtek GUI Control Panel via Test Utility. Hopefully CityCultivator's instructions were helpful.

Okay. Since this is somewhat related to the above drivers, I'm going to post my new problem here.

Yesterday I was minding my own business with the preferred audio setup I want - and have achieved with CityCultivator's help. And lo and behold Microsoft comes along with it's all-knowing superiority complex and shoves an unwanted Realtek driver in my face. I don't quite get how it happened but the new driver automatically installed itself and then requested a pc restart. Totally messed up my audio settings and ruined the compatibility of SRS Premium Sound. ...I really hate Microsoft right now.

Attempted to re-direct through Device Manager the preferred custom driver, and it wouldn't accept saying that I already have the latest version...blah blah.
Turns out, thankfully, I had a restore point for just a day prior to the forced update. I have some screenshots of the situation.
View attachment 121417
View attachment 121418
View attachment 121419

I actioned the restore point and got back my preferred configuration. (temporary victory)
Unfortunately I know that as soon as I re-enable internet access the process of Windows automatically searching for updates and drivers will begin anew.

So the question is - How do I keep receiving normal security updates from Microsoft, and then prevent any automatic installation of any driver they discover and include along with them? I want to completely stop any future Realtek Audio updates from being installed.

Or as an alternative, have some easy way to reverse and re-install my preferred driver afterwards - keeping my original configuration. SRS did stop working after update FYI.

*Please remember to include an easy step-by-step process, as my technical knowledge is beginner level.
For reference I'm running Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. I cannot utilize Group Policy.
Thanks in advance.
Do the same procedure on the updated driver.

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Do the same procedure on the updated driver.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Even if the process works, I'd rather keep things how they are with 6.0.1.8619.
Also the driver that windows installs isn't the HDA version. As you can see in the first screenshot.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Thanks for your quick reply.
Even if the process works, I'd rather keep things how they are with 6.0.1.8619.
Also the driver that windows installs isn't the HDA version. As you can see in the first screenshot.

so the 8619 driver you are using is a UAD driver, AA_TribbleWyn? the traditional HDA version is a non-UAD driver that comes with the classic & new Realtek HD Audio manager app files (RAVCpl64.exe, RtkNGUI64.exe). UAD drivers require Realtek Audio Console (or Realtek Audio Control) from the Microsoft store, which is pretty much the Metro UI styled UWP version of Realtek HD Audio manager

AA_TribbleWyn

System Name ASUS SCAR II
Motherboard GL504GS
Memory 32 GB DDR4
so the 8619 driver you are using is a UAD driver, AA_TribbleWyn? the traditional HDA version is a non-UAD driver that comes with the classic & new Realtek HD Audio manager app files (RAVCpl64.exe, RtkNGUI64.exe). UAD drivers require Realtek Audio Console (or Realtek Audio Control) from the Microsoft store, which is pretty much the Metro UI styled UWP version of Realtek HD Audio manager

The 8619 driver i'm using, I believe, is HDA. In post number #2 CityCultivator provided a link to this driver so I could then utilize the traditional audio manager along with SRS premium. Originally my PC came with the UAD "Realtek (R) Audio" which I uninstalled through a full windows re-installation since I couldn't understand how to do it through AlanFox's method in Post #16.

After a successful install of 8619 HDA, I needed to get back the traditional UI for audio manager. Test Utility was used for that.

With the classic Realtek UI restored I could then separate the speakers and headphones in Audio Devices via the UI settings; Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously.
This had the effect of giving me direct control over my headphones, plugged into a combo headphone/mic jack.

This setup is intended to not be updated or tampered with. Unfortunately through Microsoft's continued interference, everytime I get a Windows update come through (the last being April 20 seen in screenshot #2 of Post #35) the Realtek UAD driver automatically wants to install, override all of my settings, and make the Realtek Audio Console the main interface for audio control. It is straight up unacceptable behavior from Microsoft to keep pushing an update I don't want.

At the moment my only viable solution has been to keep "Services.Msc" open and refresh every so often checking for when Windows Update Service re-enables to "trigger start", and then re-disable it manually. An annoying chore - but one the keeps the Realtek update at bay. If I could isolate my audio driver and prevent Windows from checking for alternative/updated versions, and have an option to just say no, that'd be great. But ofcoarse Microsoft knows what's best for me don't they. A standardized hand-held auditory experience equal to the generic mass of robotic Microsoft users. :banghead::banghead: :(

System Name My Ryzen 7 7700X Super Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling DeepCool AK620 with Arctic Silver 5
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 EXPO (CL30)
Video Card(s) XFX AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE
Storage Samsung 980 EVO 1 TB NVMe SSD (System Drive), Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB NVMe SSD (Game Drive)
Display(s) Acer Nitro XV272U (DisplayPort) and Acer Nitro XV270U (DisplayPort)
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH C
Audio Device(s) On-Board Sound / Sony WH-XB910N Bluetooth Headphones
Power Supply MSI A850GF
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Steelseries
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/liwjs3

eko258899

https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...F10_PG470_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL.rar
Disable network adapter to prevent auto install driver after fully uninstall.

Your laptop don't support these options. You need to download test utility.

1. Get the traditional realtek UI. Remember press save button after you tick those check Box!
View attachment 116709
2. Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously
Remember press save button after you tick those check Box!

View attachment 116711
3. Auto start Realtek Audio Control Panel
https://nofile.io/f/j1oohZ92wyB/Auto+Start+RTK+Control+Panel.reg

Thank you very much for this, finally my rear and front jacks were separated after days of searching for information about why my playback device advanced settings were missing even after trying another driver versions...

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
I do have an ALC269. These options can work.
Refer to post number 20, but use these instructions:
2. As in picture.
4,5. As 3,4 in picture.
If it still does not work, I do have some additional settings that you can try.
I try on alc255 is not work

danielocdh

https://github.com/alanfox2000/real...F10_PG470_Win10_RS2_RS3_RS4_RS5_Win7_WHQL.rar
Disable network adapter to prevent auto install driver after fully uninstall.

Your laptop don't support these options. You need to download test utility.

1. Get the traditional realtek UI. Remember press save button after you tick those check Box!
View attachment 116709
2. Make internal and external output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously
Remember press save button after you tick those check Box!

View attachment 116711
3. Auto start Realtek Audio Control Panel
https://nofile.io/f/j1oohZ92wyB/Auto+Start+RTK+Control+Panel.reg
:rockout::rockout::rockout::clap::respect::respect::respect:
I have been looking for exactly this for over a decade, I tried and it worked right away on my recent build with UAD drivers(ALC1220).
Is there a catch with it?
Could the audio chip get damaged or windows become unstable?

Geschnallt

For me it kind of works, The Options under "Playback Device" are present now, they weren't before. But now the "Recording Device" Tab disappeared, which was present before.