1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with Powercolor 4670 1 Gb Card

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by aussietaff, Dec 19, 2008.

1. aussietaff New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a Powercolor 4670 1 Gb PCI-e. Graphic card, would someone please tell me if this card needs a separate Power Supply. It would be very much appreciated:confused:

2. Prash

Prash New Member

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't need an extra power connector, so the 75W supplied by the pci-e bridge will be enough. Anyway which PSU do you have at the moment? Can you give it's details? mainly the +12V amperage of your PSU.

3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What resolution are you on? Do you really need the 1gb memory if you dont mind me asking, could you not get the better HD4830 512MB for around the same price?

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. aussietaff New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you Prash for your reply I don't know the technical side of the the Power supply but currently it has a Palit Nvidia 8600 GT and that does not need a separate supply. I was considering whether I would have to get another PSU as there is no six pin plug for Graphics. Thanks again.

5. aussietaff New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi Tatty One, the current resolution is 1680 X 1050, I am in Oz. As a kid I went to school at Yarkhill, between Worcester and Hereford, Thanks

6. Prash

Prash New Member

Thanks Received:
    Then you dont have to change your PSU, but i hope the current one is in good condition. As Tatty One has said, you will be better off with a 4830 with 512mb of vram, for your resolution it's a better option.

7. aussietaff New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Prash I will think carefully over what both of you have told me, thanks very much for the help.:)

8. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol know it well! I dont think you will probably need the extra 512Mb of memory however it's a good bet if you cannot get a higher end 512MB card for a similar price.

10 Year Member at TPU