• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with re-building home network

Viscarious

Processor AMD Phenom 9850BE
Motherboard ASUS M3A32MVP Deluxe 790FX
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9700
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tracers 4G (1G x 4) 800Mhz CAS4
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3870 + a VisionTek HD3870 OC Edition Xfire'd
Storage 320G WD SATA + 160G
Display(s) Gateway HD 19" 4ms
Case Raidmax Ninja
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply 650W Antec Earthwatts
Software Windows Vista 64bit SP1
Benchmark Scores candle_86 is a fanboi
Hey guys, got some problems here. To start, I've got two PCs in my house. Ones in the back of the house, the other is in the front room. Its about a 30 foot or so length and ran off wireless. It has its own wireless network card, a linksys wireless G PCI adapter.

Now, the back room is the internet hub, so to speak. Its got my game rig, the modem, and the router(a Linksys wireless G broadband router model # WRT54G). I've got the modem hooked up to the router and the router hooked up to my PC via cat5 cable. Again, the front PC is wireless and recently cant connect to the internet anymore. And so here I am.

I call on you to help me, TPU. I want to re-build / remake the network. If anyone has any links to excellent sites that can help, I would be very appreciative. If anyone has any suggestions to help as well, that would be great!

boogah

System Name Core i7 WS
Processor i7 920 D0 @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard ASUS P6T WS Professional
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
Memory 6gb 3x2gb Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) Firepro V8700
Storage Velociraptor 300gb in raid0
Display(s) 2x Dell Ultrasharp 24"
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Software Windows 7 64-bit
with the computer connected to the router go into the admin page http://192.168.1.1 go to the wireless settings..

Name your network (SSID) so you know which one it is when the other machine picks it up. Make sure it is enabled. Save settings...

go into your wireless security.. if you want to use something easy to remember for your network key Use WPA personale (10 digit) and use a phone number only you know for the passphrase. Save settings.

Now you should be able to go to the computer in the front room and see the SSID network you have just created. Connect to it using the 10 digit phone number you've just configured. And that's it should work.

Viscarious

Processor AMD Phenom 9850BE
Motherboard ASUS M3A32MVP Deluxe 790FX
Cooling ZALMAN CNPS9700
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tracers 4G (1G x 4) 800Mhz CAS4
Video Card(s) VisionTek HD3870 + a VisionTek HD3870 OC Edition Xfire'd
Storage 320G WD SATA + 160G
Display(s) Gateway HD 19" 4ms
Case Raidmax Ninja
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply 650W Antec Earthwatts
Software Windows Vista 64bit SP1