• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help with Throttlestop Settings for Omen 15 gaming laptop

Newby Guy

Can anyone help me set the perfect settings for omen 15 dc1111tx because im new to gaming laptops and throttle stop

My temps always goes above 90 while playing games like minecraft,valorant and fortnite
Plz help:(

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@Newby Guy - Did you read any reviews before buying your new Omen? When a 15" laptop has a 6 core CPU with a 45W TDP rating, it is going to run hot. When playing games at the default settings and the Nvidia GPU kicks in, this laptop can run extremely hot. It is the peak of summer in the northern hemisphere. If your room temperatures are high then this laptop will become unbearably hot when gaming. Sounds like your laptop is running normal.

The good news is that Intel rates their CPUs to be able to run reliably up to 100°C. You are not going to hurt the CPU by running it at over 90°C. The CPU is designed to thermal throttle and slow down to protect itself from damage. If something else in your laptop is not as well designed as your processor, when it fails, you will have to send it in to HP for repairs.

Did you try following any guides when setting up ThrottleStop? The 9750H is a popular processor. There are lots of YouTube videos that explain the basics of setting up ThrottleStop. Don't be afraid to use Google or the search feature at YouTube or the search feature here.

I do not own a 9750H but I would suggest starting by setting the core and cache offset voltages to -100 mV. Every CPU is unique. There are no generic settings that are going to work for every laptop with a 9750H. At this point, you are going to have to learn how to do some stability testing on your computer. Post some screenshots of how you have ThrottleStop setup if you need help.

The bad news is that many laptops are disabling under volting. Using this trick to cool down your CPU might not be an option for you. If under volting is not already locked out, it might become locked out after a BIOS update is installed. A screenshot of the FIVR window will confirm whether your HP laptop has this limitation.

The settings which work best for my 9750 are -185/-95. If this doesn't help, you'd better repaste it. Did it on mine when it was 2 weeks old. After several attempts (untill finding the proper paste and application method) it managed to go below 90 C and almost never exceed it. The factory pasting is pretty bad, actually.

System Name Hp Omen 15 2019
Processor i7-9750H
Motherboard Intel Cannon Point HM370, Intel Coffee Lake-H
Cooling HP THERMAL MODULE N18E G2
Memory SK hynix HMA81GS6JJR8N-VK x2
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design (HP)
Storage Intel Optane H10
Display(s) AUO82ED
Audio Device(s) SPDIF Interface (FiiO USB DAC-E10)
Power Supply 200w
Can anyone help me set the perfect settings for omen 15 dc1111tx because im new to gaming laptops and throttle stop

My temps always goes above 90 while playing games like minecraft,valorant and fortnite
Plz help:(

Hello newby

take a look there :)

Mine has running many weeks good with these. I also have disabled sgx, ptf etc on bios.

And this test was made with those settings. + It never goes above that because the funs even dont start screaming before the test end.

There are temp after 2nd run.

Attachments

• 9750h.JPG
    9750h.JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • cine9750h.JPG
    cine9750h.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 2ndun.JPG
    2ndun.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 946
Last edited:

Newby Guy

Omygosh thanks guys I'll try all this things

The settings which work best for my 9750 are -185/-95. If this doesn't help, you'd better repaste it. Did it on mine when it was 2 weeks old. After several attempts (untill finding the proper paste and application method) it managed to go below 90 C and almost never exceed it. The factory pasting is pretty bad, actually.
True there thermal paste sucks

I just dk what to do in the tpl settings

The only thing i know is that the 45 is my power thingy like above 45 it will go down to 45 again

@Newby Guy - Did you read any reviews before buying your new Omen? When a 15" laptop has a 6 core CPU with a 45W TDP rating, it is going to run hot. When playing games at the default settings and the Nvidia GPU kicks in, this laptop can run extremely hot. It is the peak of summer in the northern hemisphere. If your room temperatures are high then this laptop will become unbearably hot when gaming. Sounds like your laptop is running normal.

The good news is that Intel rates their CPUs to be able to run reliably up to 100°C. You are not going to hurt the CPU by running it at over 90°C. The CPU is designed to thermal throttle and slow down to protect itself from damage. If something else in your laptop is not as well designed as your processor, when it fails, you will have to send it in to HP for repairs.

Did you try following any guides when setting up ThrottleStop? The 9750H is a popular processor. There are lots of YouTube videos that explain the basics of setting up ThrottleStop. Don't be afraid to use Google or the search feature at YouTube or the search feature here.

I do not own a 9750H but I would suggest starting by setting the core and cache offset voltages to -100 mV. Every CPU is unique. There are no generic settings that are going to work for every laptop with a 9750H. At this point, you are going to have to learn how to do some stability testing on your computer. Post some screenshots of how you have ThrottleStop setup if you need help.

The bad news is that many laptops are disabling under volting. Using this trick to cool down your CPU might not be an option for you. If under volting is not already locked out, it might become locked out after a BIOS update is installed. A screenshot of the FIVR window will confirm whether your HP laptop has this limitation.

Those are the settings i use but maybe u guys can help me get better fps and temps :)

Im just scared of bluescreens

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.19 - 11.34.12.26.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.19 - 11.34.12.26.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 676
  • Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.19 - 11.35.46.71.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.19 - 11.35.46.71.png
    375.4 KB · Views: 687
It's odd if your 9750 is limited to 45W. The defaults for mine are 70 for PL1 and 90 for PL2. My values in TPL window are 70, 90, 150 top to bottom. Offsets for Cache and Core in FIVR are -185mV and -95mV respectively. Try with these settings.
And don't be scared from Blue Screens. If it happens, just raise the offset a little bit (+10 mV steps). Use TSBench to check for errors. When no errors appear, you're good to go and BScreans will never appear.

Last edited:

Newby Guy

It's odd if your 9750 is limited to 45W. The defaults for mine are 70 for PL1 and 90 for PL2. My values in TPL window are 70, 90, 150 top to bottom. Offsets for Cache and Core in FIVR are -185mV and -95mV respectively. Try with these settings.
And don't be scared from Blue Screens. If it happens, just raise the offset a little bit (+10 mV steps). Use TSBench to check for errors. When no errors appear, you're good to go and BScreans will never appear.
okok thanks dud

Any other suggestions

I have have ur guys settings and what is pl1 and pl2
Red and yellow i need full explaination

Newby Guy

Nextly can anyone help me on undervolting "MSI GL65 9SC "
Its is not getting the max performance needed