• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIFIMAN HE-R9 Closed-Back Wired/Wireless Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
HIFIMAN introduces an inexpensive set of closed-back over-ear headphones using in-house developed dynamic drivers. The HE-R9 comes in wired or wireless options with the latter making use of the novel Bluemini R2R DAC/amplifier, and goes with a bass-first tuning that may well appeal to you.

Show full review

I've heard the Blon B50 is also closed, have acurat bass heavy sounding, and for 115 € a better headphone than the HE-R9, but okay that has no wireless option by manufacturer.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
These are frequently on sale for $179 or less. Fun for that price but $250 likely not.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
These are frequently on sale for $179 or less. Fun for that price but $250 likely not.
I've seen some people mod these by deliberately add in dampening materials on the inside of the foam to make them having different tuning etc. I can see this being used for such experiments, especially at the sale price.

I'm not sure if you are allowed to mention when things often fly under MSRP but this is so often the casee that it's important.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I'm not sure if you are allowed to mention when things often fly under MSRP but this is so often the casee that it's important.
Hifiman is weird because they themselves have a loose definition of MSRP. I do check and see what the pricing was at the time I submit the review but that does tend to be a while before they get actually published given how many audio products are coming in for review.

Hifiman is weird because they themselves have a loose definition of MSRP. I do check and see what the pricing was at the time I submit the review but that does tend to be a while before they get actually published given how many audio products are coming in for review.

Love buying something on a massive sale only to find it for half as much four days later.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@VSG on sale for $109 now on Amazon and hifiman website for a week or two now... was going to grab them, but your review and others... eh... there is a reason HifiMAN released this at $599 and now it only costs $109, also the fact a headphone can drop that much in price and still give hifiman a profit is kind of disturbing... not sure I want to ever own a product of theirs after witnessing this shit show.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG on sale for $109 now on Amazon and hifiman website for a week or two now... was going to grab them, but your review and others... eh... there is a reason HifiMAN released this at $599 and now it only costs $109, also the fact a headphone can drop that much in price and still give hifiman a profit is kind of disturbing... not sure I want to ever own a product of theirs after witnessing this shit show.
Could just be a sell out.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
do you think its worth 109?

do you think its worth 109?

i'm tempted. :D
Absolutely worth that much. See if you can get the Bluetooth version too if you want a taste of R-2R DAC.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Absolutely worth that much. See if you can get the Bluetooth version too if you want a taste of R-2R DAC.

I decided not to get it since I am 100% getting the Bose Ultra ANC that preorder for $429 right now... very expensive, but it has always been my dream to own top tier ANC

treat yo self 2023

Reactions: VSG