• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS 5870 limit overclock ?

PPK

Hello all ,
im new here and my english is not good but i hope you will understand what i mean when i write something :)
First yesterday i buyed brand new HIS 5870 , i read anywhere @ network many peoples they are clocked it to 1 Ghz core speed , but i cant i have Limit to 900Mhz ... and 1300 memory , I try it with MSI Afterburner but again same problem limit to 900mhz ... So i think maybe my BIOS have problem , so i download ASUS Bios for 5870 from site , but now is hard part for me , can anyone help me or write Tutorial how i can Flash my Bios to Asus ... Also first i want save my original bios . I will be grateful to those who help me with anything !

Thank You for understanding and helping :)

As far as I know, flashing the bios of your video card is not necessary. The problem is that there is not a single piece of software at the moment that both supports voltage tweaking and limitless overclocking. I might be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you need to use MSI Afterburner for the voltage tweak and either AMD GPU clock tool or Rivatuner for the overclocking.

I'm not entirely sure about this, so you might wanna wait for someone more knowledgeable to come by and set it straight.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
This one post has everything you need, even the bios.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15021144&postcount=1

It's what i followed and Now I use MSI afterburner and run 950/1250 24/7 on stock voltage with a tweaked fan profile.

I really hates using AMD GPU Clock tool for clocks, MSI afterburner for fan, and missing out on the card down-clocking.

The flash seems fairly safe (still at your own risk!!!) and has worked wonders for many users here.

PPK

Oh Yes i read it but i have FEAR flash bios on DOS i dont make it before ... is it can with RBE editor + winflash ?

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Ok, well you last post made no sense. Anyways, if you don't want to flash anything, get AMD GPU Tool and MSI afterburner. You set your clocks with AMD GPU tool, then open MSI afterburner to set your fan speeds. There is no permanent solution other than flashing your bios.

PPK

Ok, well you last post made no sense. Anyways, if you don't want to flash anything, get AMD GPU Tool and MSI afterburner. You set your clocks with AMD GPU tool, then open MSI afterburner to set your fan speeds. There is no permanent solution other than flashing your bios.

Hey DUDE! do you have Pontiac Trans Am becouse i have it but from 1992 with other front mask !!! Legendary car i love it

Processor Core i7-12700k
Motherboard Z690 Aero G D4
Cooling Custom loop water, 3x 420 Rad
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming
Storage Plextor M10P 2TB
Display(s) InnoCN 27M2V
Case Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-5 Plus
Power Supply FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
This one post has everything you need, even the bios.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15021144&postcount=1

It's what i followed and Now I use MSI afterburner and run 950/1250 24/7 on stock voltage with a tweaked fan profile.

I really hates using AMD GPU Clock tool for clocks, MSI afterburner for fan, and missing out on the card down-clocking.

The flash seems fairly safe (still at your own risk!!!) and has worked wonders for many users here.
Can't have said it better myself. :toast: