• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS 9800PRO IceQ 128MB O/C to XT

R

ryce-picker

Hey guys,
I was wondering does anyone have this card? im going to grab this card next week and was wondering is it a good card? and am i able to O/C to a XT spec?

thanks alot guys
cheers

zealot`grr

nearly all 9800 PRO basically are the same - same PCB, same chip, identical memory. with the help of the improved cooling on this particular card you should easily be able to overclock it to 412/365.

N

nightelf84

I have the HIS. Tried to OC it past XT speeds but just can't seem to get the memory above 355. I think its either my PSU (Antec SmartPower 400W) or not enough cooling. Idle temps for CPU is 51 and case is 27 but with my gigabyte mobo, i learned temps are overcompensated 5~10. Planning to mount an extra fan on my side panel to blow air directly onto the video card and see if that improves the situation.

Gigabyte GA-7N400Pro2 rev2
AMD 3200+ O/C 11.5/206 Vcore 1.8
512MB Kingston PC3200

D

Domo

ATI Tool

I've recently bought one of these cards (HIS 9800Pro IceQ 128M) but haven't yet overclocked it.
The ATI tool has a function which tests and determines the max clock speed and memory - is this any good or is it best to move the sliders manually? I don't want to go bustin anything and this is my first go at overclocking!