• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

HIS Excalibur HD5750 BIOS Flash Failure

daemonia

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 245
Motherboard Biostar 790GXB
Memory OCZ Fatality DDR2-8500 2x2GB
Video Card(s) HIS Radeon HD5750 1GB
Storage Multiple
Display(s) ACER X203H
Hello,
I have this HIS Excalibur HD5750 1GB. It had a problem with occasional freezing when was playing games, so I went to search the internet to find out the cause. I found that the problem is caused by the graphics card's idle clock is too low, and I need to edit my graphic card's bios and re-flashed it.
Okay, so then I edited the bios that using RBE and when I tried to flash my card using ATIWinflash my PC just froze. Thinking that it's probably caused by the software working, I waited for about ~30 minutes, but nothing happened. Well, it's my first time flashing bios so I felt a little panic and resetted my PC. It won't reboot (my PC beeps about 5 times when I tried rebooting, btw) at all so I'm forced to use my IGP.
Next, I tried re-flashing the card using ATIFlash (with the guide from this site), but it's also got the same freeze every time. I already tried both my original bios and the edited one, but without any result.
Does anyone know the solution for this? Or maybe my card's bricked for good? :(

Thanks.

System Name Sn@k3
Processor AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz@4.5GHz
Motherboard GA-78LMT-S2P REV. 5.0
Cooling AMD Stock Cooler
Memory AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHz@1566MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Oc'd 960MHz/1295MHz
Storage Samsung HD502HJ 500GB
Display(s) LG Flatron W1943S 18.5"
Case Standard Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC 887@888B-Modded with X-FI, Dolby and DTS
Power Supply Corsair CX 430V2 430 Watts
Software Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64
Hello,
I have this HIS Excalibur HD5750 1GB. It had a problem with occasional freezing when was playing games, so I went to search the internet to find out the cause. I found that the problem is caused by the graphics card's idle clock is too low, and I need to edit my graphic card's bios and re-flashed it.
Okay, so then I edited the bios that using RBE and when I tried to flash my card using ATIWinflash my PC just froze. Thinking that it's probably caused by the software working, I waited for about ~30 minutes, but nothing happened. Well, it's my first time flashing bios so I felt a little panic and resetted my PC. It won't reboot (my PC beeps about 5 times when I tried rebooting, btw) at all so I'm forced to use my IGP.
Next, I tried re-flashing the card using ATIFlash (with the guide from this site), but it's also got the same freeze every time. I already tried both my original bios and the edited one, but without any result.
Does anyone know the solution for this? Or maybe my card's bricked for good? :(

Thanks.
You should enable the VGA Onboard, then save the bios settings, turn off pc, put the VGA in the PCI-E connection, then, you put the ATIFlash and the pen drive's boot files through the HP Format Tool into the pen drive, put the original BIOS into the pen drive, and boot the pen drive instead HD, then type, atiflash -p -f 0 xxx.rom ( xxx is the name of your bios ), and post here what happened.

Sorry about my english. Post what appears there.

System Name Sn@k3
Processor AMD FX-4100 3.6 GHz@4.5GHz
Motherboard GA-78LMT-S2P REV. 5.0
Cooling AMD Stock Cooler
Memory AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHz@1566MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Oc'd 960MHz/1295MHz
Storage Samsung HD502HJ 500GB
Display(s) LG Flatron W1943S 18.5"
Case Standard Case
Audio Device(s) Onboard ALC 887@888B-Modded with X-FI, Dolby and DTS
Power Supply Corsair CX 430V2 430 Watts
Software Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64