• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hitman 3 to be an Epic Games Store Exclusive on the PC Platform

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Thankfully the game is 30% cheaper on EGS.
Oh, wait. Something's f*cky.
Yea, developer getting 88 cents from every buck, vs developer getting 70 cent is "f*cky".

Steam prohibits selling stuff "cheaper" elsewhere.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600CL16
Video Card(s) 3060Ti FE 0.9v
Storage Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, 2x Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ProArt PA278QV
Case be quiet! Pure Base 500
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1850DB
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse A4Tech X-748K
Keyboard Logitech K300
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit

lol, what? Is that why Steam keys are usually cheaper on 3rd party sites like greenmangaming, humblebundle, gamesplanet, fanatical, etc.?

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
This has nothing to do with anti-competition, Hitman 3 may very well have never happened (they admitted they were struggling with finances), they were hurting for money to stay afloat. Steam and Gabe never offered to help, someone else did. I for one am glad Epic is helping them stay afloat with exclusivity rights, otherwise this game probably wouldn't exist.
Someone who is maturely discussing how this works! So many don’t look beyond the surface.

exclusive titles for no good reason is in my opinion also anti-competitive.
Except the providing of funds by Epic so that Hitman 3 can get made (studio had money problems) is actually a really good reason to keep the game in their store for a year. I didn’t hear about anyone else providing them funding to make it.

Tim went on a price war with Lord GabeN? Top kek! No way this can end badly for Epic! /s

Even EA went for Steam in a sudden burst of brainz.

I want to see Tim's face once His Lordly Majesty is done with him once and for all. :D If GabeN launches HL3 it would be the end of all other platforms as we know it.
Keep dreaming. Gabe has now spent a year and a half slothing with zero action to try to beat Epic. He has lost his fire he used to have when Steam was started.

Epic shills don't "forget" that. They're paid not to mention it.
I don’t know a single person who uses Epic that gets paid for it. If only that were true. Tell me which fantasy person I should apply to for that money?

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Hitman lost it's soul a long time ago.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
There's no anti competition, Epic isn't stealing anyone's money like the OS holders. The platform is windows, the store is Epic, Steam has games only on Steam also. EA has games only on Origin etc. Instead of Epic stealing money ala Sony or Apple or Google, Epic is PAYING developers money for it. Paying the people who are developing the game instead of stealing from them, and you have the gall to compare it.

EPIC is an underdeveloped platform that is paying developers to become exclusive to their platform to build user base and infuse capital dollars into their platform in turn.

You act as if they are nonprofit trying to benefit game developers by providing them money, which shows your bias.

Soulwatcher

They're going to lose a lot of sales because most people on Steam are pro steam and refuse to buy elsewhere.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
They're going to lose a lot of sales because most people on Steam are pro steam and refuse to buy elsewhere.
I’m pro Steam. It doesn’t mean I cannot also be pro-Uplay, pro-EGS, pro- Origin, pro Rockstar, or pro- GOG. I am pro all of them and enjoy them all. Using a different launcher only takes me as long to launch as Steam, so no big deal.

No body complaint that the Total War titles are only available on steam , yet there were ton of cry babies that TW Troy will be exclusive for 1 year on the Epic store. And there are alot of other titles that are available only on Steam. Sorry but atleast EPIC is paying the developers while Valve is robbing them with their hefty 30%.

About switching the launchers , damned I'm switich differend Windows OSs and even have a separate Windows 98 PC for properly running pre 2000 year games. Complaining that you are that lazy to double click on different spot on your desktop is just plain infantility.

No body complaint that the Total War titles are only available on steam , yet there were ton of cry babies that TW Troy will be exclusive for 1 year on the Epic store. And there are alot of other titles that are available only on Steam. Sorry but atleast EPIC is paying the developers while Valve is robbing them with their hefty 30%.

About switching the launchers , damned I'm switich differend Windows OSs and even have a separate Windows 98 PC for properly running pre 2000 year games. Complaining that you are that lazy to double click on different spot on your desktop is just plain infantility.

You are right, TW tory was only available on Steam and no one cried about it, because barely there were any other stores to be in, sure GOG was there, but GOG is DRM free and developers don't want to be in this type of Stores. so, at this moment we do have many stores, why not having in more sores and let us pick steam and epic or whatever, no will cry. developer pay 30% in almost all store services, i know it is High price to take, but have a game in steam will give it more chance to sell way more than Epic store for examples, foot traffic in steam is High.

EPIC is an underdeveloped platform that is paying developers to become exclusive to their platform to build user base and infuse capital dollars into their platform in turn.

You act as if they are nonprofit trying to benefit game developers by providing them money, which shows your bias.

There's no bias, there is a store with lower prices and where more money goes to the developers. That is the Epic store. I'm pro developer, that's a great bias to have, to support the people who make your games and not the middlemen. Because most games are console focused, you won't see every game have their own independent infrastructure for delivering the game to PC players, that is where the Epic store comes in. You can bring your console game to PC and retain 3 times more profit because Steam doesn't take it all from you. More console games on PC is a win also.

There's no bias, there is a store with lower prices and where more money goes to the developers. That is the Epic store. I'm pro developer, that's a great bias to have, to support the people who make your games and not the middlemen.

what lower price? games cost prices are identical between steam and epic!!

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
sure GOG was there, but GOG is DRM free and developers don't want to be in this type of Stores.
Well, this has been steadily changing. There are many games (not just indies) that release on GOG the same day as release elsewhere, and an even larger contingent that release there 30 to 60 days after. I expect it will continue to gain steam (no pun intended, :laugh: ) in the next couple years as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 177333

Well, this has been steadily changing. There are many games (not just indies) that release on GOG the same day as release elsewhere, and an even larger contingent that release there 30 to 60!days after. I expect it will continue to gain steam (no pun intended, :laugh: ) in the next couple years as well.

Let's hope - GOG is my favorite storefront.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
There's no bias, there is a store with lower prices and where more money goes to the developers. That is the Epic store. I'm pro developer, that's a great bias to have, to support the people who make your games and not the middlemen. Because most games are console focused, you won't see every game have their own independent infrastructure for delivering the game to PC players, that is where the Epic store comes in. You can bring your console game to PC and retain 3 times more profit because Steam doesn't take it all from you. More console games on PC is a win also.

Further describing your bias while denying you have no bias.

1. Their cut of distribution costs is lower because their platform is a newer entry with smaller market share of user base. You have to dangle a carrot to get developers to come.
  2. Their exclusive deals of free games is created to increase overall user base, which in turn will infuse capital dollars in their company and provide leverage for their platform. You have to dangle a carrot to get users to come.
Again you act as if Epic Store and Epic arrived on the scene to provide developers a distribution platform which somehow benefits them beyond sales, as in Epic is doing them a favor or helping them. Developers are likely profiting less on Epic than that of Steam due to user base discrepancy, i.e. making greater profits even with Steam's larger distribution cut due to more users purchasing their game on Steam.

The overall idea is Epic has a new distribution platform for gaming supported by a vastly popular Freeware game. The platform itself is greatly underdeveloped in comparison to rivals and has much smaller user base. You can't expect developers and users to flock to your platform in an already saturated and mature competitive market without providing the dangling carrot.

Last edited:
Further describing your bias while denying you have no bias.

1. Their cut of distribution costs is lower because their platform is a newer entry with smaller market share of user base. You have to dangle a carrot to get developers to come.
  2. Their exclusive deals of free games is created to increase overall user base, which in turn will infuse capital dollars in their company and provide leverage for their platform. You have to dangle a carrot to get users to come.
Again you act as if Epic Store and Epic arrived on the scene to provide developers a distribution platform which somehow benefits them beyond sales, as in Epic is doing them a favor or helping them. Developers are likely profiting less on Epic than that of Steam due to user base discrepancy, i.e. making greater profits even with Steam's larger distribution cut due to more users purchasing their game on Steam.

The overall idea is Epic has a new distribution platform for gaming supported by a vastly popular Freeware game. The platform itself is greatly underdeveloped in comparison to rivals and has much smaller user base. You can't expect developers and users to flock to your platform in an already saturated and mature competitive market without providing the dangling carrot.

With logic like that I guess there's no point in continuing further, laughable. You have BIAS up the ying yang. Epic lets you sell your game and you keep more of the revenue. Case closed. Watching you torture your brain with concepts like "STEAM IS BIGGER SO YOU'LL MAKE MORE MONEY" as if that is relevant, or "Epic is underdeveloped" again more nonsense. Have fun with your lover.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
With logic like that I guess there's no point in continuing further, laughable. You have BIAS up the ying yang. Epic lets you sell your game and you keep more of the revenue. Case closed. Watching you torture your brain with concepts like "STEAM IS BIGGER SO YOU'LL MAKE MORE MONEY" as if that is relevant, or "Epic is underdeveloped" again more nonsense. Have fun with your lover.

Giving up on defending the point and resulting to personal attacks.
:toast:

Giving up on defending the point and resulting to personal attacks.
:toast:
Nothing you said had anything to do with the fact that Epic charges 12 percent to the developer and Steam 30 percent. You just went on and on as Steam defenders are wont to do, "you can make more money selling more copies on Steam" and "Steam is mature" and nonsense. You started off by attacking me of bias which is a personal attack. We're done.

System Name AM5
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Case Fractal Define R7
Nothing you said had anything to do with the fact that Epic charges 12 percent to the developer and Steam 30 percent. You just went on and on as Steam defenders are wont to do, "you can make more money selling more copies on Steam" and "Steam is mature" and nonsense. You started off by attacking me of bias which is a personal attack. We're done.

Reference my earlier posts, and you will find you are incorrect.

Processor R9 5800x3d | R7 3900X | 4800H | 2x Xeon gold 6142
Motherboard Asrock X570M | AB350M Pro 4 | Asus Tuf A15
Cooling Air | Air | duh laptop
Memory 64gb G.skill SniperX @3600 CL16 | 128gb | 32GB | 192gb
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 |Quadro P5000 | RTX2060M
Storage Many drives
Display(s) M32Q,AOC 27" 144hz something.
Case Jonsbo D41
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse g502 Lightspeed
Keyboard G913 tkl
Software win11, proxmox
Benchmark Scores 33000FS, 16300 TS. Lappy, 7000 TS.
UK price on EPIC and Steam is £39.99 - no difference. Regional things are weird.

Yet, it offers no competition, it offers no features over the competition.
It offers nothing.. sweeny and his "competition" is just bs to me.